Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

The hype for Weirdmaggedon III is real, did anyone see the teaser? much chills, very vibe

That was pretty great. Stan's resistance shall rise!

That was pretty great. Stan's resistance shall rise!

I just love the idea of a resistance, we will see Stan on his best protective way! Also i love that Multibear and a Manotaur are in his team, you see that enemy's can get along when a worse enemy rises.

And they will probably pack an enormous punch!

I just love the idea of a resistance, we will see Stan on his best protective way! Also i love that Multibear and a Manotaur are in his team, you see that enemy's can get along when a worse enemy rises.

And they will probably pack an enormous punch!

Yeah, it should be great. I'm also pretty sure

Stan put up the force field

because

they had one of the unicorns at the Shack as well. If the unicorn shield from The Last Mabelcorn could keep Bill out, it should also be able to keep him in.

Yeah, it should be great. I'm also pretty sure

Stan put up the force field

because

they had one of the unicorns at the Shack as well. If the unicorn shield from The Last Mabelcorn could keep Bill out, it should also be able to keep him in.

Haven't seen the trailer, but...

I think Macgucket did it.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Haven't seen the trailer, but...

I think Macgucket did it.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Interesting... :look:

We haven't seen him since he

left town during NWHS, right?

Interesting... :look:

We haven't seen him since he

left town during NWHS, right?

He's actually in the Mystery Shack at the end of Weirdmageddon Part 2. Also, the flag from the teaser features a crossed axe and pickaxe. The axe probably symbolizes Wendy, but the pickaxe probably indicates that McGucket is a key part of the resistance as well.

He's actually in the Mystery Shack at the end of Weirdmageddon Part 2. Also, the flag from the teaser features a crossed axe and pickaxe. The axe probably symbolizes Wendy, but the pickaxe probably indicates that McGucket is a key part of the resistance as well.

Hmm, I seem to have missed him. I was too focused on the unicorn and Stan wielding a baseball bat. :laugh:

Oh i really like that idea, So the Pine tree's are for Dipper then, the Hand is obviously Ford (Altough he's not in the restistance), the shooting star is mabel, and then the question mark is Soos!

Awesome...

Edited by kevkipo

Hate to break the Falls discussion, but I just finished Paranoia Agent.

Wow. All I can say is wow. This whole show was incredible (though I will say the more filler-ish episodes near the end were kinda strange). It's really a show that tells you to face reality. And being someone who hates facing reality, it really helped me. That last episode was powerful. I highly recommend it.

Anime seres that I have watched and enjoyed: Kill La Kill, TTGL, JJBA, Hellsing Ultimate.

I should really start watching OPM at some point.

Here are the shows I've been watching:

One Punch Man: This show is super funny, it's about an unemployed guy who one day decides to become a super hero and ends up becoming the strongest one on earth ( He can literally kill any enemy with one punch) , but whats funny about it is, he just does it as a hobby.

Serph of the the end: Vampires reign: Is one of the better vampire animes out there and is about a group of humans trying to take back the world from vampires, the main character is a boy who's family was killed by a vampire lord.

Blood Blockade Battlefront: This is a good action show about people with super powers(that usually use blood) that try to keep the peace between, the humans and the other dimensional beings, in Hellsalem (used to be New York)

Everthing becomes F: The perfect insider: This show is hard to say, because its a great murder mystery, but part of the mystery has to do with incest (yuck :sick: ).

Asterisk war: Decent Harem Anime about, teens with powers battling each other for different reasons, Power, Wealth, status, family, ect....

Ushio and Tora : Great action show with heart, the story follows Ushio who discovers a Demon, in his basement, who had been pin to the wall by the Beast spear for 500 years, the demon promises to listen Ushio if he frees him, Ushio frees the demon and names him Tora, the two set out on adventures together with the beast spear in tow, all the while helping people.

Anti-magic 35 test platoon: This ones another Harem anime, about a guy and his platoon (all girls), who all go to a school for Witch Hunters, this shows mostly ecchi and comedy.

d98e196a2222c57a998cb061e130e1e5.jpg

The best Anime's I've ever seen are:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Steins Gate

Welcome to the NHK

One Punch Man

P.S. the 12th episode of One Punch Man, was basically Saitama vs.Goku.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I really enjoyed this past week's Steven Bomb! Five fantastic new episodes of Steven Universe, including a fair bit of tension and drama but also no shortage of adorable, funny, and downright awesome character moments. I'm looking forward to the next episode, whenever that might be!

Let's talk about that finale for Gravity Falls!

What a ride this show has been. I'm going to need to go back through it all and watch from start to finish.

The finale was great, and I felt it wrapped things up nicely. It was exciting, funny and touching (and even had a cute anime reference!).

I think my biggest complaint was the prophecy. It just felt like it was being set up through the whole show as a big deal. And in the end they... Didn't even use it. I guess it could be seen as the shuttle to get Stan and Ford to make up, but I just feel it was wasted. And not even explained what it could've done. It was just there and gone. :/

But otherwise, I really liked what all they did. I'm sad to see Gravity Falls end, but I'm happy with the end we got. However, seeing where they left off makes me confident they could do more (especially with the ominous post-credits Bill-rock). And having Stan and Ford sailing around the world opens up an even broader setting outside of Gravity Falls. Do I expect another season? No. Would I like one? Absolutely.

I really loved the finale. There wasn't really anything I would've changed in it. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of an acknowledgement to Blendin or Time Baby but that could be what was going on in the Arctic. Overall I absolutely adored this show. I feel like there were some things that could've been done differently, for example there being a change in dynamic of the town post-destruction in Not What He Seems. I was hoping for it to be somewhat less episodic after NWHS and show the consequences of the paranormal on the townsfolk that could no longer erase their memories instead of just carrying on 2 episodes later, I wanted the Blind Eye to have more of an influence than just the existence of the memory gun, I wanted the Shapeshifter to make a comeback, I wanted either Gideon to start getting built up to be the series finale villain but then get usurped by Bill or Bill to get the buildup he got but then ultimately get usurped by Gideon, I wanted Soos to have some secret as alluded by "The handyman knows more than he lets on.", I wanted the agents to have a more lasting influence after NWHS, I wanted to explore Northwest's history as possible Bill worshippers (given the tapestry at the end of Northwest Mansion Mystery) and I wanted Pacifica and the Pines' relationship post-NMM to be explored a bit. It was a fantastic show and I enjoyed the direction it went, it's just perhaps it dawned on me that these things I thought it was gonna do upon seeing NMM and NWHS were not gonna happen and I felt a bit sad. Just a bit, though, cause once again I loved where it went.

Got through School-Live within a few nights. Go watch the first two episodes, and do so blind if you haven't already. It's pretty spectacular.

That Gravity Falls finale was splendid, i want to give a big congrats to Alex and the team!

This really draws a line to new cartoon making for everyone!

Just checking in, I forgot about this thread. :blush:

Gravity Falls finale:

Overall, it was fantastic. I wish the cipher wheel was more important, considering it was teased from episode 1.

Blendin not showing up is actually a really major plot hole. He's really the last time traveler for the next 1000 years, as Bill killed the Time Police and the Time Baby won't reform for 1000 years. Time traveler? Last of his kind? *cue Doctor Who music* (Ok, I stole that joke from some guy on Reddit. I'm not that original :laugh:)

I also feel like Stan's memory came back too fast, but that's all they could really do on Y-7 and 45 minutes. I feel it would have been better had Stan pulled Ford aside to tell him he doesn't actually remember anything and is pretending for these random kids who seem heartbroken that he doesn't remember them, and Ford invites him to the Arctic to help him get his memory back.

Minor nitpicks though, it was a wonderful send-off to a wonderful show, and I loved every minute of it. :wub:

Just checking in, I forgot about this thread. :blush:

Gravity Falls finale:

Overall, it was fantastic. I wish the cipher wheel was more important, considering it was teased from episode 1.

Blendin not showing up is actually a really major plot hole. He's really the last time traveler for the next 1000 years, as Bill killed the Time Police and the Time Baby won't reform for 1000 years. Time traveler? Last of his kind? *cue Doctor Who music* (Ok, I stole that joke from some guy on Reddit. I'm not that original :laugh:)

I also feel like Stan's memory came back too fast, but that's all they could really do on Y-7 and 45 minutes. I feel it would have been better had Stan pulled Ford aside to tell him he doesn't actually remember anything and is pretending for these random kids who seem heartbroken that he doesn't remember them, and Ford invites him to the Arctic to help him get his memory back.

Minor nitpicks though, it was a wonderful send-off to a wonderful show, and I loved every minute of it. :wub:

Wait, I just realized it all makes sense. The show took place in 2012, the Time Baby was killed and won't regenerate for 1,000 years until 3012. According to the mailbox from Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained, the world (presumably as we know it) ends in 3012. It could be one of two things:

1-A self-fulfilling bootstrap paradox like with

River Song in Doctor Who

where Time Baby regenerates (presumably without memories) and likely takes over the world. Then, probably sometime after Blendin's Game (given Blendin had hair) Time Baby travels back in time to 2012 to stop Bill Cipher but gets killed by him. Time Baby traveling back in time to stop Bill would imply Bill's appearance was altering the flux of time and thus potentially threatening Time Baby's reign but in reality it was a fixed point in time all along that led to the rise of Time Baby in 3012 and his ultimate fall. Since there would no longer be a Time Baby after he traveled back to 2012, either future society would slowly re-stabilize or crumble altogether due to big brother's absence, or possibly Blendin, being the sole survivor, could either slowly restore order or usurp tyrannical rule.

2-If Time Baby's rise to power wasn't part of a bootstrap paradox and was introduced by an external unknown mean, possibly in 3012. That would mean that, if by 3012 the original Time Baby is taking over, then there would be two Time Babies, possibly feuding since there is only one Time Baby (that we know of) in 207`12, which could've been what we saw when Dipper and Mabel accidentally flashed into the future in Time Traveler's Pig.

Thoughts?

Anything Studio Ghibli.

Right now im catching up on the last season of Adventure Time. People keep telling me to watch regular show and Gravity Falls but I havent managed to do that yet. Over the Garden Wall was a really good miniseries.

Just started watching Steven Universe. Super weird show but the background art is so gorgeous and I LOVE the music for the show. Very nintendo-ish. Really reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy.

Anyone watching anything from this anime season? ERASED and Ajin are spectacular.

I'm watching way too much. :P

ERASED is fantastic. I'll agree with you there.

I was going to watch Ajin, but never got around to it. Isn't it CGI?

Speaking of CGI, I'm also watching Bubuki Buranki, which is quite enjoyable. Never was much of a fan of CGI in anime, but it's really well done here. Story's nothing to write home about (yet? Let's hope so), but the action is fun to watch.

Other shows include:

- Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (spelling might be wrong? Very mellow show, but oh-so good. One of my favorites this season. Character building is tops. Definitely a hidden gem of this season. Doesn't seem to be talked about a lot.)

- Dimension W (okay-ish. They seem to be building a lot of story threads, but none seem to go anywhere. I enjoy it, regardless.)

- Continuing adventures in Italy with Lupin III

- Continuing adventures in hilarity with Osomatsu-san

- Season 2 of both Snow White with the Red Hair and Assassination Classroom

- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

- Dagashi Kashi

- Pandora in the Crimson Shell (I... don't even know...)

There might be more... I can't keep track of them all...

If you're having trouble keeping track of series, I use MyAnimeList. I'd be completely and hopelessly lost without it. I just added Showa Genroku to my plan to watch list and will try to binge it next weekend.

I picked up 15 series this season (2 of them were new installments in other series I'd seen before) since there were quite a few that piqued my interest and I wanted to watch more than just like 3 seasonal series while catching up on old series (I started watching anime in late summer 2014, started watching Akame ga Kill! and Parasyte from late fall 2014-winter 2015, High School DxD BorN from spring 2015; Shimoneta, Gakkou Gurashi! and Okusama ga Seitokaichou! from summer 2015 and One Punch Man from fall 2015). In alphabetic order:

Ajin - My second favorite this season so far. I'm not a fan of 3DCG anime and it took me half of episode 1 to get used to seeing it but aside from slightly stiff expressions when the characters aren't expressing rage, sadness or another extreme emotion, I'm with it. I would much rather it were 2D but I will admit some scenes have been fantastically pulled off and wouldn't be the same in 2D.

The rooftop encounter last episode springs to mind.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2) - I'm enjoying it more than season 1, on virtue of having a more thrilling arc right off the bat. I feel like the first season had better interactions and atmosphere but this one has better character development and action. Just an observation I made while watching today's episode earlier. I feel so conflicted, I don't know whether to ship Shirayuki x Zen or Shirayuki x Obi.

Raj is getting in my good graces, too... Urk! And I thought shipping in High School DxD was tough.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) - My absolute favorite thus far. Great plot, great characters, gripping suspense. I love it. It's the series I'm currently watching with my parents (we did Another last time and we'll probably do Ajin next). My only concern is the pacing, given some manga readers have been quite vocal about their concerns that the series is moving too slowly through the manga to be covering it in its entirety in 12 episodes. I really wish it was 2-cour so I could feel a bit better about it, but I'll worry about that when we get to that point. So far it seems to be moving along fine for me as someone who hasn't read the manga.

Bubuki Buranki - I think this one has a lot of potential and I feel like it's going somewhere. The lore's pretty interesting, the characters are getting slowly fleshed out and I love the villains (especially Reoko). I love the mecha designs and I'm very glad this one's full 3DCG, because the mechas would be 3DCG anyway given modern animating practices (OPM and other series that the animators are super passionate about notwithstanding) and by making it full 3DCG you can avoid visual clashes like what I'll mention a few series down.

Dagashi Kashi - Wasn't sure what to expect from this one, I mostly started watching cause Hotaru reminded me of Anna from Shimoneta but boy has this enraptured me. I expected the humor to fall flat since I'm not familiar with Japanese candy but this show has such an energy that I can't help but follow it with my full attention. I've learned more about candy from this show in a little over a month than I have anything from Biology class since the 2015-2016 school year began. My biology teacher, if you're reading this, I'd appreciate this level of energy from your classes.

Dimension W - I was really with it when it began but it kinda started going downhill for me from around episode 3. I find it to have a great atmosphere, animation, characters and intriguing lore but suffer from feeling unfocused and episodic. It kinda picked up for me with the last 2 episodes, especially the last one

where we learn a little more about Kyouma's past

. I'll stick with it and seeing as it's starting to air on Toonami next week I'll probably watch it there dubbed as well for the lulz but I'm not gonna expect much from it.

Divine Gate - Started off so well and has gone so badly downhill. It has everything I mentioned in Dimension W but cranked up to 11 (except for the animation and characters, I'll get onto that in a sec). It started off with a great pace, then slowed down to former-half Steins;Gate levels of slow (minus the highly entertaining characters and mystery to keep you around for when it speeds up) and then sped back up with the last episode to the point where events just feel random.

The numerous deaths in the battle last episode just felt meaningless since I hardly knew any of those characters and the plot twist at the end was predictable and boring.

The only characters that feel interesting to me are the main trio, and even then that's mostly due to intriguing backstory than actual merit as entertaining characters and the animation feels a bit shoddy to me with too much all-black shading and (thankfully now ditched) 3DCG integration for battle scenes that mixes with frames rendered in 2D in the same sequence. I've got some hope for it but not much.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (Grimgar of Ash and Fantasy) - Wonky pacing and insert songs (some of them, anyway, a couple are nice touches) aside, I really dig this one. The watercolor backgrounds are a neat idea (which clashes a bit with 3DCG setpieces here and there but they're far and few enough in between to bother me), the concept is pretty interesting (even though it feels as though it's been forgotten) and the characters are very sympathetic.

The first fight with the goblin and the developments with Manato and Mary showed me just what this show can do in terms of gripping drama

. I enjoy seeing this one even if I don't expect the actual main plot to be addressed until the ending, which is a big flaw but it's a good enough show to drag you along for the ride.

Luck & Logic - I had high hopes for this one right off the bat but after one too many anticlimaxes/copouts/buildups-turned-gags, I kinda gave up. I've stuck with it due to the highly erotic transformation sequences and so I could see how many more times it could make me groan. I must say, the last episode was a huge step in the right direction in terms of character development and tone. I just hope it sticks with that and gives off at least a decent conclusion, because the concept it has is neat (if a bit overused at this point) and I feel like it tries to emulate Evangelion in the pace and the way the missions play out but it fails at that by having no tension at all in the overall arc and boring character interactions, and copying Evangelion's pace in a 1-cour series is the definition of suicide.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara (I'm Sick of Being a Magical Girl) - Pretty fun short series. I don't really care for loli fanservice and the humor falls a bit flat at times but it's a fun series that pokes fun at magical girl cliches. I enjoy watching it with my sister to see what torture poor Mitton will be put through this week.

Her friend stealing her panties in today's episode was priceless.

Musaigen no Phantom World (Myriad Colors Phantom World) - Really interesting concept, really poor execution. Gorgeous KyoAni art, really dull and cliched fanservice. Good character designs, dull characters. Good atmosphere, lame plot. Great sound, terrible pacing. For what Phantom World does well, it does something else very badly. The result? Eye of the beholder. To be honest I enjoy it, I like to see what craziness they'll pull this week, but I'd definitely classify that as a guilty pleasure.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (Please tell me, Galko-chan!) - I came into this as a joke/curiosity, stayed for the fun humor and great characters. I expected Galko to be some shallow stereotype but she's nothing of the sort. I expected Otako to be yet another stereotypical nerd, not quite. I expected Ojou to be the stereotypical dumb rich girl and kinda is but feels more like London Tipton in early Suite Life of Zack and Cody (kinda dumb but nice and hilarious). What I started watching as a dumb time waster has become my third favorite series of the season.

Pokemon XY&Z - There's really nothing new to Pokemon that hasn't been there since Johto, except for the significantly better battle scenes that have been around since Origins and XY and the excellent handling of Team Flare so far, they're much more interesting than in the games. I like the Ash-Greninja power-up but I can see this making for some really cheap battles and awkward pacing at the league when we get there. Right now I'm just waiting for the next episode to be subbed so I can see my waifu Alan fight with Ash. God, I miss the Mega Evolution Special. Still, XY&Z is as serviceable as the early XY episodes (why couldn't the entire XY series be like the first 6-8 episodes, why must we have endless filler) and anything's better than freakin' BW.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut (The Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle) - Easily the worst this season. Every single harem, mecha and light novel cliche is in this series. Like someone said on another forum, every episode of ERASED ends in a flash whereas Bahamut drags on forever. I nearly fell asleep to this, which is something that only Divine Gate has gotten close to doing for me before (and that was mostly cause I was tired that day). I'm not gonna go into detail cause there really isn't much more to say other than list the cliches. I really only continue to watch it so I can argue with my friend about it and reasonably defend my stance.

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mesazu (Girls Beyond the Wasteland) - I was hoping for this to be a Shimoneta-esque series that made me laugh nonstop and it's kinda fallen flat for me by making an attempt to be more serious while not really offering much to be serious about. The character interactions are great, the characters themselves are fun and the premise is cool but there's not much else beyond that and the humor, which sometimes falls flat. I have more hope, given the last episode's events, but I'm not expecting much more than some laughs with the characters' antics.

If you're having trouble keeping track of series, I use MyAnimeList. I'd be completely and hopelessly lost without it. I just added Showa Genroku to my plan to watch list and will try to binge it next weekend.

Oh, I have a list. I was at work at the time and couldn't access it. And I'm sure you know, but Showa Genroku is currently airing. You're binge watching will eventually catch up to as it airs. Also, first episode was a twofer. 40-some minutes. I also feel I should warn you that the show probably isn't for everyone. But if you enjoy more laid-back anime and realistic characters and interactions and drama, then you should enjoy it. I'd really like to hear your opinion!

Also, other shows I'm watching are Phantom Myriad Colors World (or whatever). I'm just sorta... Watching it. Taking it at face-value. Yeah, fanservice. Yeah, near-non-existent plot. But I don't really care. I've accepted it and am enjoying it as it is. Art, music, and animation are aces, though.

And Konosuba. Which is actually pretty entertaining once you get past the mediocre art/animation.

Pretty sure that covers everything I'm watching this season.

Read through some of your list... Divine Gate... Ergh. Biggest disappointment. Stuck around through episode... 6 I think? Then I dropped it. Which is sad because I liked the premise and art style (and that OP, man!), but the show went absolutely nowhere. I just... Argh!

Edited by Kalhiki