MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia Confirmation/General Discussion Thread

Let's see...

ImperialShadows plays Shawn Imperante.

Hinckley plays Henry.

I(Striker) play Sal.

Millacol played Michelle.

Ricecracker plays Rose.

Most of our game names(Rhyme!) starts with the first letter of our usernames, or include parts of it, or resemble it. ImperialShadows is a fine example.

While I'm not in the game [i hope I'm even allowed to post in this thread :tongue:], I've been following it, and this is really heating up now, isn't it? Also, TinyPies seems to be doing a great job as host :thumbup:

While I'm not in the game [i hope I'm even allowed to post in this thread :tongue:], I've been following it, and this is really heating up now, isn't it? Also, TinyPies seems to be doing a great job as host :thumbup:

Nah, I think it's cooling down from Day 3, after which I was killed off. :tongue: Granted, much of the heat came from me, but at least I didn't go out without a fight. :wink:

I'm really interested in seeing how this will end. Right now it doesn't seem very promising for the Town, but miracles can happen.

I also can't wait to get the chance to vent out at the Conclusion-thread. I have to keep reminding myself that some people are just playing a game, and that they're probably not such jerks in real life. :laugh:

I have to keep reminding myself that some people are just playing a game, and that they're probably not such jerks in real life. :laugh:

Funny, that's what you usually have to remind us about you while you're playing. :grin:

I also can't wait to get the chance to vent out at the Conclusion-thread. I have to keep reminding myself that some people are just playing a game, and that they're probably not such jerks in real life. :laugh:

I know exactly what you mean. I got so into the game that I was actually mumbling to myself and insulting people (in the game) under my breath. :laugh: The conclusion topic should be very interesting indeed. :thumbup:

Funny, that's what you usually have to remind us about you while you're playing. :grin:

Jerk. :tongue:

Certainly some interesting turns, I'm enjoying watching this one I must say. One thing that is bugging me though is that people keep trying to change their votes after a consensus has been reached. That is not allowed people, it is technically cheating! I jut thought I should make a note of it, since it appears a few people don't seem to know that. Once the consensus is reached, the day is immediately over, with just some lag time while the host catches up and ends the day. :classic:

I've only really been a jerk with Eleanor. My character in Mystery Mansion was quite nice, actually, and Artie wasn't obnoxious, either, just a drunkard. :laugh:

Dragonator: Of course people have the right to unvote people, up to the point when the host calls the quits. Your "unwritten" rules don't overwrite what the game's rules say. :wink:

Dragonator: Of course people have the right to unvote people, up to the point when the host calls the quits. Your "unwritten" rules don't overwrite what the game's rules say. :wink:

Except that the game's rules says the same as Dragonator. (at least my interpretation of them is the same as his, they aren't written explicitly enough in my opinion). However, I agree that TinyP's practise until now creates a precedent for your interpretation of the rules. So, TinyP, could we please have a rule clarification here? Are we allowed to change our votes after a majority has been reached, and when does the day end? :classic:

Um, Sandy, TinyP said this game is to follow the "basic rules of Mafia". A basic rule of Mafia is that when a consensus is reached, the day is ended. Feel free to change your votes, but only until a consensus is reached, for by then the day is over, and anything after is just chat to fill in the time between the end and the host logging on to finish the day. :classic: While a game moderator can adapt the game however he wishes, TinyP has already stated that this is the way the game is to be played.

It is very much a written rule:

Rules:

Noir Mafia will follow the basic rules of mafia.... Once someone is voted off, it will be night time...

when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched.

Um, Sandy, TinyP said this game is to follow the "basic rules of Mafia".

Sorry, I was unnecessarily cheeky. :blush:

But it wasn't clear to me, since I didn't know about such a rule. It probably should be written clearly for us first-timers. :wink:

In the real-life version of this game, we just point fingers and the one who has the most fingers pointed at him or her gets voted out. :tongue:

Sorry, I was unnecessarily cheeky. :blush:

Yeah, it's only Eleanor. :grin:

But it wasn't clear to me, since I didn't know about such a rule. It probably should be written clearly for us first-timers. :wink:

There are a lot of little online standards that might not be obvious initially. We're actually planning to write some general guidelines by which games are to be run as well as some helpful hints for both hosts and players. That should improve the situation for future games.

Yes, unvotes don't count once a consensus has been reached. So before you vote for someone, you should probably make sure that you're fairly confident that you want them dead first (but I'll shut up now before I get yelled at for discussing tactics in the general discussion thread. :tongue:).

... And keetong had better post in the Day 5 thread soon, because otherwise he'll be replaced...

If he gets replaced, he could really screw everything up! Post Keetong, or at least PM TPRU!

So, since keetong didn't post in the Day 5 thread, which one of the reserves is going to take his place?

Agh, it was fun while it lasted...

Ditto. Thanks for a great game, TPRU, I only hope Jimbutcher and mine's is half as good.

Agh, it was fun while it lasted...

All I can say is. Damn you bob, Damn you. :cry_sad::tongue:

I've never lasted this long in a mafia game before. :blush:

Good game Tiny Pius I enjoyed it. And good game to everyone else who's played/playing. :sweet:

Edited by Darth_Legois

I got so into the game that I was actually mumbling to myself and insulting people (in the game) under my breath. :laugh: The conclusion topic should be very interesting indeed. :thumbup:

Especially me, eh, Jim? :wink: I hope there's no hard feelings about how hard I cracked the hammer. :blush: I could have done that in a much calmer way.

Ditto. Thanks for a great game, TPRU, I only hope Jimbutcher and mine's is half as good.

Right. :thumbup:

Especially me, eh, Jim? :wink: I hope there's no hard feelings about how hard I cracked the hammer. :blush: I could have done that in a much calmer way.

Nope, no problem. You did fine, it's all part of the game. :wink:

All I can say is. Damn you bob, Damn you. :cry_sad::tongue:

I think I got you back for Galactic Paranoia. Only when you're dead do you understand the alliances of everyone.

I think I got you back for Galactic Paranoia.

Bah I suspected him but had no proof... :hmpf_bad::blush::sadnew::sceptic:

Only when you're dead do you understand the alliances of everyone.

Not necessarily. :wink::devil:

He's the mob boss! :oh3::laugh:

:laugh:

Not sure if YG's joking, but that's the chef of the Aventine and there's also a waiter in there, too. :tongue:

Sign in to follow this