Thought id post up my Deckard & Gaff from Blade Runner minifigs-

3657524950_072cf4308c_b.jpg

3671023935_0b676b29aa_b.jpg

Seen quite a few Deckard customs but thought this torso was a good match, & the Gaff torso seemed perfect :thumbup:

Had a go at making the coats myself out of a couple of capes, think they turned out ok- tried using the hole punch method on the arm holes... but my hole punch just made a mess of it, cut tiny holes with a knife in the end- was pretty fiddly!

Very nice! I like the movie a lot, even it has this pre-MTV slowness. And you used my favorite minifig head on Deckard! :classic: And I love how you placed the light on the pictures, very cool shadows! Keep it up, cheers

What a great yet intensely strange film. I love your customs.

Nice rendition of the characters, smokebelch :thumbup:

What a great yet intensely strange film.

Did you ever read the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by P. K. Dick). That's even more strange :wacko::alien:

[Trivia - that book is the source of the title of the current LEGO SW comic chapter]

LuxorV

You're a real artist smokebelch! Gaff is simply wonderful :thumbup: Are you entering the MCW contest?

Very nice work! I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner, and you really captured the characters here. Gaff is a particularly nice surprise as he's one of my favorite characters from the film, but not usually the focus of folks' custom work.

Hopefully we'll see some more figs on the same theme soon. I'd love to see a few of the replicants or maybe Chew!

How do people make those awesome coats?! These are amazing, strange they're both wearing vests.

Thanks very much for all the comments :classic:

Are you entering the MCW contest?

Alas cause these would technically be movie license figs they arn't eligable for the comp.

...strange they're both wearing vests.

Yeah Gaff wears one in the movie, but Deck doesn't- but i liked this torso so used it anyway :wink:

Very nice work! I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner, and you really captured the characters here. Gaff is a particularly nice surprise as he's one of my favorite characters from the film, but not usually the focus of folks' custom work.

Hopefully we'll see some more figs on the same theme soon. I'd love to see a few of the replicants or maybe Chew!

Thanks :classic: Yeah Gaff was always one of my favs as well, It was after re-watching the film for the umpteenth time the other day, and looking at the Indy Shanghai chase set and thinking that the gangsters head would make a great Gaff minifig that promted me to make the pair of them.

Im kinda tempted to have a go at some of the replicants now as well....

Finally got all the pieces from Brinklink through to make Kaitimar's awesome Spinner Had been trying to make one of my own but was having no luck, admited defeat when i saw his increadible MOC.

Thought id take a quick shot showing it off with Gaff behind the wheel :classic:

3730672386_fa2d63cf83_b.jpg

Edited by smokebelch

I have made a black version in "LDD" (LEGO Digital Designer) but some of the bricks are missing in LDD :-( they can be found on bricklink.com :

Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Top 2430 x2

Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Base 2429 x2

Trans-Black Slope, Curved 6x1 42022 x2

Modified 2 x 3 with Curved Top 6215 x2

Trans-Black Windscreen 8x6x2 Curved 41751 x1

Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 without Stud Notches 4859 x2

Plate Modified 1x2 with 4x4 disk at 90 degrees 30209 x2

Trans-Red Electric, Light Bulb Cover (Colored Globe) 4773 x2

Tile 1x4 with Diagonal Stripes Black Pattern (Yellow) 2431p52 x1

Download here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/387938988/BRS.zip

lbrs.jpg

Nice minifigs,especialy coats :thumbup: ;how did you make it?

@theRiddler

Spinner is from guy nicknamed kaitimar(i guess he "borrowed" his name after someone from early slovenian history), and it looks even better than on pics.

@Sunefar

Have you tried with lego universe mode? Im not saying there ARE those needed pieces, just suggest to look there.

Yeah, blade runner is far better then most of novadays cyberpunk(i can imagine only "new" cyberpunk movie out there is tron legacy and even that one is not out yet) and sci fi.Great story, good actors,even better universe...what else do we want? Maybe new one :tongue: .

I have made a black version in "LDD" (LEGO Digital Designer) but some of the bricks are missing in LDD :-( they can be found on bricklink.com :

Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Top 2430 x2

Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Base 2429 x2

Trans-Black Slope, Curved 6x1 42022 x2

Modified 2 x 3 with Curved Top 6215 x2

Trans-Black Windscreen 8x6x2 Curved 41751 x1

Wedge, Plate 3 x 4 without Stud Notches 4859 x2

Plate Modified 1x2 with 4x4 disk at 90 degrees 30209 x2

Trans-Red Electric, Light Bulb Cover (Colored Globe) 4773 x2

Tile 1x4 with Diagonal Stripes Black Pattern (Yellow) 2431p52 x1

Download here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/387938988/BRS.zip

lbrs.jpg

have you used the LU mod? If not, I'd use the mod, then try to finish it.

These figs are great. The part that really makes this for me is the presentation.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

have you used the LU mod? If not, I'd use the mod, then try to finish it.

No it is made in "normal" mode - so i could bye it...

In LU mode ther are still some bricks missing (Plate Modified 1x2 with 4x4 disk at 90 degrees #30209) and some of the bricks I cant "fix" within.. normal bricks can't be fixed into the holes of Technic bricks... i need that for the back and the side.

- anybody know how to do this??

But i will give it a try in LU mode.

...after that it's on to the Owlship : http://www.reasonablyclever.com/lego/owlship/index.html

post-10678-1274905946.jpg

post-10678-1274905923.jpg

Nope it can't be done in LU mode, the windscreen (41751) can't be "fixed" onto somthing big ther are somthing wrong on the sides - it gets "seethrue" ant I can't release it.

Guess I have to wait fro the update :-(

Allmost ther... so close!!!

post-10678-1274906505.jpg

But still brick 30209 Plate Modified 1x2 with 4x4 disk at 90 degrees - are missing in LU mode...

30209.gif