achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

Those pictures have been on Brickset for quite a while. They are at least one month old.

Oops :blush:. I don't regularly browse this thread (or Brickshelf) so wouldn't know.

I can see coming from this since Ben and his friends always travel around so that there are not many iconic vehicles or locations in the show, but I'm sure TLG can think of some good.

Surendettement

Ellaine

What can you see coming from this? TLG can think of some good what? And what does that website have to do with anything? Please elaborate.

Btw, they are showing Lego Ben 10 ads on Cartoon Network now. It's basically the videos from the website. Speaking of which, Chromastone is up.

Looks like Big Chill will be next! :sweet: I wonder where he is going to be. Maybe in a fridge? :laugh:

Looks nearly as bad as Galidor - the only reedeming thing is the purple spikes and the fact that the line uses ball-joints instead of the horrible system used in Galidor. And, since the guy said the plastic is of poor quality, I fear a repeat of Bionicle 2008's shattering joint connections. :sadnew:

Seriously, we better get pictures of the Bionicle replacement soon, because I need something to get my mind off the awfulness of this... this thing TLC is trying to market as Lego. :thumbdown:

I'll admit that I got a couple of the smaller Bionicle sets; I don't have much use for the "skin" elements but the "bone" parts - those combination technic struts and ball sockets - are great for Exo-Force mocs. Those Chromestone pictures, though, confirm that I won't really need to bother with this line. Each limb part is ball-jointed, so there's not much that can be done with them. I hope it does well, I can see what it's trying to do, but it's nowt to do with me.

Are those pink spikes new, or are they the same as the existing ones in other Lego lines? They look squared.

OMG what the ..... ? :angry:

This looks like what the cat dragged in ? :sick:

I give it a year and it's axed !!!! :wink:

Come on Lego do Ben 10 in system form, we all want Kevin's car !

What does it mean:"Plastic is bad"?It's easily break or it's like a rubber?

I think what that means is the plastic is not up to the usual Lego standard and may not last.

I was only in a toy shop today, a kid return a Bionicle set with a broken leg component, I saw the state of the plastic of this and in my mind remembering the pictures of Chromastone they seem to be of the same grade. I did not like what I saw.

Children are going to be rough with this toy and it's not going to last.

We need a few more indepth reviews before we can either give Ben10 lego the :thumbup: or the :thumbdown: .

Children are going to be rough with this toy and it's not going to last.

We need a few more indepth reviews before we can either give Ben10 lego the :thumbup: or the :thumbdown: .

You have right... I'm waiting for more reviews, becosue I want buy Big Chill badly...

I hope Lego knows what it's doing. One of these sets will cost 15 Euros; that was the price for an Exo-Force mecha set and since 2009 is the price for SW battle backs.

Dear lord, $17 for one of these is a terrible price...

I wonder, you guys see the strange ball socket on the new hands, is that the new one that won't break?

4179874440_3ae4422c29.jpg

I just happen to have a big bag of ball joints beside me. Yeah, these are definitely different, I hadn't spotted that. Regular ball joints taper in towards the tips, these are level all the way out. However, the existing style tapers because otherwise, the plastic would be too rigid to let the ball in and out. The inside of the ball joint doesn't look any different, so I hope this isn't why the plastic is less sturdy.

As long as you are willing to pay 75 cents per element they are worth buying. Haven't found an AFOL yet who would pay that unless the parts have very special building properties. I just ended up spending a small fortune to purchase the only yellow double arch znap piece available in the world through an intermediary European buyer...ended up costing me 17.77 Euro. But Melissa (my wife of 33 years) had a specific project in mind and SHE is worth the price.

Swampfire and Chromastone are excellent. I will buy them even though there is the awful price. But all the rest are shockingly bad. Well, the Red one is alright I guess.

Two Big Chill pictures from BZP from Primus:

4198289189_aa9bc0f779_o.jpg

4198289099_0f19c7ac26_o.jpg

In addition he says that all pieces are Bionicle compatibile. Yay!

ben10af.04.lg.jpg

Personal thoughts:

Where are his anthenas? And his baby blue parts should be black with this cool "ice skin" pieces too to be more accurate...

But I think I will buy him!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Two Big Chill pictures from BZP from Primus:

4198289189_aa9bc0f779_o.jpg

4198289099_0f19c7ac26_o.jpg

In addition he says that all pieces are Bionicle compatibile. Yay!

ben10af.04.lg.jpg

Personal thoughts:

Where are his anthenas? And his baby blue parts should be black with this cool "ice skin" pieces too to be more accurate...

But I think I will buy him!

Hmm........I think I might get him aswell. I am really taking an adventure in buying these. They do have a lot of potential as a theme, I just hope they aren't as crappy as the seem.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

What the crap is this... crap?! I don't know what's worse: LEGO losing its mind with all the new licensed themes popping up like crazy or seeing so many people get excited for some alien/mutants/whatever based on some stupid children's cartoon...

OK, I understand some people may be fans of the cartoon; sorry. But is this even LEGO anymore...? :sick:

Come on, it looks horrible! At least the PoP sets will be made out of normal bricks, and it will have camels!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

What the crap is this... crap?! I don't know what's worse: LEGO losing its mind with all the new licensed themes popping up like crazy or seeing so many people get excited for some alien/mutants/whatever based on some stupid children's cartoon...

OK, I understand some people may be fans of the cartoon; sorry. But is this even LEGO anymore...? :sick:

Come on, it looks horrible! At least the PoP sets will be made out of normal bricks, and it will have camels!

I might have to agree with you on that 'Mörs', this is only really going to appeal to 10 year old boys and that's about it.

Lego doesn't need to chase after MB as they had a similar thing for Marvel characters but they did have some kind of minifig style sets too.

Why doesn't Lego listen to KFOLs and AFOLs alike and do something like they did for Batman, now that would sell and be much better !

Edited by lightningtiger

I wonder why there are no reviews yet....

I'm waiting for Big chill one badly! I watched many Youtube Reviews and many people like them (mainly for great pieces).

Here is some random infos:

-Torso have7 ball joints

-Omnitrix sign on torso is sticker (WTF?)

- Great quality- 0 broken parts. The connectors are stronger! :cry_happy: Finnaly!

- hands are made of soft rubber

-Chromastone is the same color like tarix helmet

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I got 4 Ben 10 sets :-)

Although all the parts in Ben 10 is all new, and for many fans of Lego may seem like useless, they do shine of high quality, compared to your standard Bionicle part. Quality in the surfaces, textures etc.

And as I promised some months ago, ball joints will not break.

Do you know if those new ball joints will be used in regular Lego sets? 'Cuz I just broke a third one giving my Buzz Lightyear elbows.

Do you know if those new ball joints will be used in regular Lego sets? 'Cuz I just broke a third one giving my Buzz Lightyear elbows.

I can't reveal anything about new products, but you can probably understand that there is a good reason why Ben 10 did get a newly designed ball cup.

But please complain about the broken pieces to consumer service on lego-dot-com. You will get new parts, and we will get knowledge of where to improve.

I have never myself broken ball cups on the 2x2 brick, but I have no doubt that it happens like on Bionicle elements with the same ball cup design.