ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

zXaiRjN.jpg?1

y6t8GFc.jpg?1

l9byOOY.jpg?1

Yep, NEW LEGO store in Michigan, this one is about 30 minutes closer to me than the one in Troy. In the south-east corner of Great Lakes Crossing mall (area #6) is the new LEGO Discovery Center which is huge compared to regular store. The store pictured is roughly same as most other LEGO store but the discovery area (requires admission to enter) is huge. I didn't go in the discovery area, it didn't seem fun to go by myself and be surrounded by about 100 preschoolers that gets too excited easily.

PAB wall is 14 bin wide and 8 bin tall with a few in the middle not used for parts. I didn't note what was available as a couple seems empty already (today was first day for public) but I did snag a lot of 2x2 dark grey tiles and a lot of 1x6x5 white panels. They had just about every current color except for trans-black and trans-green. No 1x1 round tiles or plant stuff.

With Easter just a couple days away, this store is sure to be quite busy.

I visited PAB Berlin few days ago. That was my first visit at PAB wall and I bought myself 12 big cups. It took forever to pack it as I tried to pack it as tight as possible.

They didn't had to many interesting pieces on the wall but I was quite happy from theirs "leftovers". I can say that the staff was really nice and understanding for the guy squatting on the middle of the shop for hours. :P

25437022744_640eb5d1cb_c.jpg

26015846026_5a7757c089_c.jpg

25975407721_d8bd790091_c.jpg

26041773485_7b316627a4_c.jpg

25437018624_c73aea9a87_c.jpg

25768929400_bf5f7f80a0_c.jpg

26041770205_d1cba4bdfd_c.jpg

26015837316_6e4c6a09af_c.jpg

25768921260_701f2ba566_c.jpg

26041758525_0895313eb6_c.jpg

25768911980_2a438ff9fa_c.jpg

25768906990_430be747c1_c.jpg

25768896380_fd9064782f_c.jpg

I don't have photo of all bricks on the floor as I wanted to count pieces in each cup.

25439211173_ece9c09018_c.jpg

Edited by Stelario

Palm leaves! Why can't I get any from my local stores? I've seen a lot of 3 stemmed plants with flowers on sprue, and I once packed up 2 large cup full of 1x1 green brick with 3 bamboo leaves. But palm? Never seen em.

12 cups?!? Now that's dedication! I get tired after filling just two cups.

It was really tiring, but now I know I would never ever carefully pack 2x2 tiles again ;P

Palm leaves! Why can't I get any from my local stores? I've seen a lot of 3 stemmed plants with flowers on sprue, and I once packed up 2 large cup full of 1x1 green brick with 3 bamboo leaves. But palm? Never seen em.

The palms were hidden in the storage room, You should always ask staff if they have it hidden "somewhere". :P

Shame I started packing them in my 10th or 11th cup. I never had too many palm leaves and I didn't know that packing whole cup of it it's just waste of space. At least I don't know to good way to compress them. That's why I bought only 44.

Aren't they supposed to be in stores today?

Yep. :sceptic: Anyone got plans to visit a Lego store in the next, oh, week? :grin: We need some on-site reporting!

I am going to try to make it Tuesday (since today's planned trip bottomed out :hmpf_bad:)

If I do, I'll prepare a full report :grin:

Edited by rodiziorobs

A little surprised there is not more info on the new PAMs (and their component pieces). Aren't they supposed to be in stores today?

The bee ?

24506309053_7ce9182528_c.jpg

No, that's the free build kids get to do. I think. There should be 2 new Pick a Models (PaM) in the PaB wall starting today. I think my store gets shipments on Monday, so my guess is they won't see the new stuff until Tuesday.

I think my store gets shipments on Monday, so my guess is they won't see the new stuff until Tuesday.

I believe they keep the bricks in the storage with the note don't open until .....

I was at Lego store more then a week ago and from the staff behavior I could say they had something over there what I wasn't able to buy at the time. After that Manager told me there will be some new bricks at April. Anyway I didn't see any PAM in Berlin. Is it only at the beginning of the month or it should be over there all the time?

I just phoned the Rochester, New York store and they have all parts for this quarter's Pick a Model. The official names are "Black Airplane" and "Butterfly".

Yep. :sceptic: Anyone got plans to visit a Lego store in the next, oh, week? :grin: We need some on-site reporting!

I will be on Monday hopefully, if not then then some time next week!

Found a picture of the butterfly:

butterfly-240x289.png?l.r2=1061255108

Looks like there might be 1x2 and 1x4 bley brick modified with stud, which would be really cool.

Here is a photo of both models:

lego-stores-france-pick-a-model-2016-600x337.jpg

Here is a photo of both models:

lego-stores-france-pick-a-model-2016-600x337.jpg

This image was copied from a French website. The resolution of the image doesn't allow for a perfect analysis of the pieces, but it appears to be some small black curved slopes in the airplane model, as well as some trans-red plates.

Ok so I was at the Mayfair, WI LEGO store on Thursday and they definitely had quite a few if not all of the butterfly pieces out on the wall. I didn't actually look at what the PAM containers showed for the active models. There were at least the 1x4 and 1x1 light bley bricks with studs, the levers, the magenta slopes, the white bows, the azure plates, and the pink 1x1 rounds. Note I said 1x1 light bley with 1 stud on the side, which I think it was it shows on that picture of the PAM as well (not 1x2). I was happy to load up on those light bley bricks with studs.

I've been to Lego Store Vienna, Austria on Friday and they had the two PaM already. I dont like them cause they are way overpriced. And secondly - you are not supposed to fill PaB Cups with those PaM Parts. So now, there is even less to choose from the Wall cause the PaM-Parts use like 12 spots on the Wall ...

Edited by DaOarge01

I've been to Lego Store Vienna, Austria on Friday and they had the two PaM already. I dont like them cause they are way overpriced. And secondly - you are not supposed to fill PaB Cups with those PaM Parts. So now, there is even less to choose from the Wall cause the PaM-Parts use like 12 spots on the Wall ...

Oh, so they replaced some pab containers with those pam things? I am planning to go to vienna (hopefully) this week, been there last month, visited both shops, they had more or less the same stuff. Just btw was it you who has updated the http://www.brickbuil...tore/?store=122 vienna store site? :)

Edited by Andrzej777

I went to the store in Cologne on Friday and filled a big cup. They had some of the bins reserved for parts for the two models mentioned before, but i had no problems taking some of these for my cup. This is what i took home with me:

ctvj83or.jpg

I also got two plastic shells with minifig parts because they had a few new interesting pieces. Spartan torsos! Deep sea diving helmets! Dark green hoods! Really cool and some of those are pretty expensive on Bricklink, especially the torsos. I didn't have a lot of time and the build-a-minifig station was overflowing with kids, so I wasn't able to take away more parts this time.

vnaurtk7.jpg

I went to the store in Cologne on Friday and filled a big cup. They had some of the bins reserved for parts for the two models mentioned before, but i had no problems taking some of these for my cup. This is what i took home with me:

I also got two plastic shells with minifig parts because they had a few new interesting pieces. Spartan torsos! Deep sea diving helmets! Dark green hoods! Really cool and some of those are pretty expensive on Bricklink, especially the torsos. I didn't have a lot of time and the build-a-minifig station was overflowing with kids, so I wasn't able to take away more parts this time.

THEY HAVE DIVING HELMETS!!!! :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

You can fill PAB cups with PAM parts at every store I've been to (US based).

I'm confident the option to include PAB parts in your cup is on a per-store basis. I ask first and each time.

Last time I asked my store they said you could include a few, but not to abuse it.

I wish that when the models rotate the old pieces would be included in the free-for-all bins. That would be clear.