ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I went to the Lego store in Wijnegem shopping Center (belgium) yesterday to check out the PaB-wall, but they had nothing nice, just some 2x2, 2x4 bricks, some plates, a few tiles...

If anyone spots some nice pieces when there, please let me know, because nobody seems to update the brickBuildr site for that location...

Did you took the opportunity to update it? :laugh:

Some day I'll probably go back to that shop, but if the wall isn't very interesting I'll probably wait a little more.

I went to the LEGO store and wanted to get a PAB cup, but I ended up not buying one because there was too much to choose from, and had no idea for a MOC at the time (now I do). In fact, I ended up buying a set and got an idea as soon as I finished :/ Tips for Lego store first-timers:

• If you want to buy a PAB cup, make sure you know what you want.
  • Get everything you want before you leave.
  • Think of a MOC to build if you have no idea and really want a PAB cup.

I'm opposite, I never visit the pick a brick wall with a build in mind, because more likely than not they aren't going to have the bricks I need. I usually fill up on bricks I know will be useful in MOC's, such as tiles and bricks in uncommon colors (like light blues, dark greens, etc) I also fill up on foliage pieces when they appear, can never have enough off those.

Did you took the opportunity to update it? :laugh:

Some day I'll probably go back to that shop, but if the wall isn't very interesting I'll probably wait a little more.

No, I thought the guys from the stores did that. I've just seen that you can do it yourself at brickBuildr.

So next time I am there I'll take the time to right it down and update it when I get home

I added a couple updates to Sawgrass reflecting upon my recent visit. It's always nice to update but on a busy schedule, and with bigger walls (ie. 18x6 @ Sawgrass) it's tough to keep an update.

1x1 trans-red tile ? I hope that I'll find these some day. I only saw the 1x1 plates in PaB until now.

1x1 trans-red tile ? I hope that I'll find these some day. I only saw the 1x1 plates in PaB until now.

If you need the 1x1 trans red tile, I was in the Lego store in Wijnegem last friday and those we're in the wall :-)

A few months ago I bought a PaB-Box of 1x4 Reddish Brown Log Bricks (Palisade). I intended to use those for a new project but right now I don't got the time and place to start.

So if someone is interested, I'm selling the whole Box. I counted the Bricks and there are +/- 1250 Bricks. I do not intend to make a profit for these but do not intend to lose money eather, it's just for someone who can use these. I paid 94 euro.

Interested? send me a PM.

If this post does not belong here, please excuse me and please move it to an other place.

img_20140414_145858.jpg

img_20140414_145904.jpg

img_20140414_145812.jpg

Is anyone in the US willing to buy some K-boxes or PAB cups for me, so that I could arrange a courier to pick them up and ship to me in Australia?

Happy to pay whatever fee you think is reasonable. And you get the VIP points and my eternal gratitude. :)

Have been trying to build some largish architectural models with my son but getting reasonable quantities of bricks via bricklink is killing me financially... especially when having to buy the same brick across multiple stores, which is a killer in shipping charges to Australia.

^I was told stores aren't allowed to sell them anymore. Maybe it depends on the store, but I know our local store doesn't sell them to customers anymore. I thought it was a corporate decision.

^I was told stores aren't allowed to sell them anymore. Maybe it depends on the store, but I know our local store doesn't sell them to customers anymore. I thought it was a corporate decision.

Must be your store manager decision, because a lot of stores still sells them :P

I went to the "new" P.A.B. wall at the Mall of America today, it was terrible. One side basically mirrored the other, about half of the bins were duplicates. There were six bins of wheels and tires, four filled with 4x6 wings, two with propellers. Plenty of Lime green 1x1 bricks though...

I was finally there without my kids and ready to really spend some time packing a few cups, I should have called the store and made them tell me what was in stock first.

I stopped at the King of Prussia store on my way back from Philly Brickfest today. They didn't have anything really useful there. It's a shame the stores don't have stuff that people actually use. (Who needs 100 propellers??)

I have spent some time packing these cups in the Lego Store.

But usually I give up the quest of stuffing as much as I can into a cup, just to get out of the Lego Store, due to the noise and masses of people in the area of the PAB bins.

I also don't like having to sort when I get the cups home.

Sometimes spending a bit more money is worth the time I can save.

So I have gotten away from stuffing for maximum value, and now I do the following:

- No more than two different pieces in any single cup, and the two pieces have to be easily separated using some sort of filter (such as a home made piece strainer I use to separate dots from larger pieces).

- Two smaller cups is better than one large cup, unless the large cup contains all the same piece (or two pieces easily separated). I actually prefer the small cups for use in sorting while building, as they are not as easy to knock over.

- I can never have enough of any tiny piece that easily fills up that space between larger pieces. Someday I really might have a use for thousands of dots in colors I now do not have a need for.

- It is ok to take the time to separate flowers from the middle thing, as long as the Lego store is not crowded and noisy.

- Any piece that is easy to separate, can be connected for placement in the container. This means I can quickly and easily take the pieces apart with out the use of any tools except the official lego separator.

- Use holiday boxes for larger pieces, break above rules for connecting and mixing when filling these boxes due to not being able to just get more of them when I want them.

- Fly SW (2 bags fly free) when traveling to Disney World or DisneyLand. The PAB wall at the Lego Imagination Center always has a much better selection than the one near where I live.

Edited by eileenkeeney

I visited the Victor, NY LEGO store (Eastview Mall) yesterday and this is what I bought.

At first I was a little disappointed with the parts on the wall, but I asked an employee about what they had in the back and he brought out a box of bley 2x2 tiles. I loaded up on those.

14079249812_16532dc332_c.jpg

Part Counts:

medium lavender 1x2 plates: 1104

clear 1x1 plates: 1090

bley levers: 27

bamboo leaves: 75

grass stalks: 66

green 6x8 plates: 8

white 2x2 jumper plates: 32

medium blue 1x2 bricks: 217

dark bley 2x2 bricks: 77

tan 2x4 bricks: 27

bley 2x2 tiles: 1714

bley 2x2 slopes: 134

bley 2x4 bricks: 26

Total Part Count: 4,597

I'm willing to trade/sell some of what I got, so if you're interested in something send me a PM.

I do not have a Lego store within 300 or so miles, so I've never seen the pick-a-brick cups in person. I'm curious how large they are. Could the large cups fit easily within the USPS flat rate priority mail boxes? (I'm considering trying to get a friend with a store nearby to ship me a few and I was wondering how much it would cost as I imagine the weight could get up there. Probably would be cheaper just to do pick-a-brick in the long run....

I do not have a Lego store within 300 or so miles, so I've never seen the pick-a-brick cups in person. I'm curious how large they are. Could the large cups fit easily within the USPS flat rate priority mail boxes? (I'm considering trying to get a friend with a store nearby to ship me a few and I was wondering how much it would cost as I imagine the weight could get up there. Probably would be cheaper just to do pick-a-brick in the long run....

How large they are? Think of a large beer glass, figuring about 2, 12oz beers can be poured in it, so its a good sized cup! :grin:

You can easily fit in two, maybe three? into one of the medium flat rate boxes.

I popped by the Lego store in Vancouver today. I was somewhat pressed for time so I just went for a small cup. They were just refreshing some of the wall, so I got some pretty nice parts; especially the olive green cheese slopes, and the 1x2 trans light blue tiles (wish I’d got more of those).

14223110072_66250feaf1.jpg

-4x6 green leaves: 10

-bamboo leaves: 12

-2x2 trans bright green round brick: 1

-green flower stems: 27

-white flower bud: 87

-red flower: 7

-white 1x4 fence: 4

-white seat: 6

-black 2x1 plate with handle: 11

-1x2 grey clamp: 8

-4x4 brown plate: 8

-2x2 slope with printed control panel: 16

-black dalek bricks: 33

-1x1 trans purple cone: 5

-1x1 trans blue cone: 36

-1x2 trans red cone: 23

-1x2 purple tile: 11

-1x1 round purple tile: 33

-1x1 grey tile with clip on top: 34

-1x1 antenna grey-black: 31

-trans red gem: 20

-1x2 trans light blue tile: 60

-1x1 olive green cheese slope: 207

Total: 690

About 1.73 cents per piece (canadian)

Not bad considering I didn’t really put much effort into effectively packing it.

And because I could, I made a spaceship using only the parts I got:

14038855507_9968ac5239.jpg

Edited by Descoladore