ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

There were new bricks in this week at the Santa Clara store. There are four small cups here.

8700522856_4ec0cb4203_c.jpg

1x2 purple tiles

1x4 dark pink brick and

1x1 dark green bricks were on the brick wall

There are also 1x2 light pink bricks but they didn't have any in at the moment.

The cup on the right was from old kids building stations, I was really lucky to find what I did, I bought the last of it that I could see. Sometimes these things are in the kids building bins, sometimes they make it onto the wall if the store is low on stock.

Edited by Cara

There were new bricks in this week at the Santa Clara store. There are four small cups here.

1x2 purple tiles

1x4 dark pink brick and

1x1 dark green bricks were on the brick wall

There are also 1x2 light pink bricks but they didn't have any in at the moment.

The cup on the right was from old kids building stations, I was really lucky to find what I did, I bought the last of it that I could see. Sometimes these things are in the kids building bins, sometimes they make it onto the wall if the store is low on stock.

Dat purple...

I'm so jealous of that store right now

Yes I have no idea what I'm going to do with almost a full pot of them. But I know when I go back they'll never be seen again!

SQUEEEE!

I just got back from the local store with two Large Cups full of 5x6 leaves (and trans-blue 1x1 plates, 6x8 green plates, and a healthy amount of tan 1x2 plates)! I'm stocked on leaves for life!

Very lucky haul, Cara.... I heard from a source one can now pick from the building tables so I'll keep that in mind in the future.

From Orlando on April 27, 2013:

Purchased:

White 1x8 tile

White 1x2 tile with grill

White 1x2-2x2 bracket

Yellow jumpers

Dark tan 2x2 tile

Clear 1x1 plate

Clear cheese wedge

Edited by brickbuilder711

Dat purple...

I'm so jealous of that store right now

Ditto, what a lot of nice colors/parts...

Very lucky haul, Cara.... I heard from a source one can now pick from the building tables so I'll keep that in mind in the future.

The stores around here don't let you do it if they also have a limited time building area, like a friends one or a TMNT one up in the store. Because kids move bricks back and forth between the two building areas. However once the limited time one has been cleared away, the normal building area seems to be ok to pick from. You can also find bricks there that were on the brick wall but that might have sold out.

I really wish that when Lego did a limited time building area that they would send those same bricks for the brick wall too. That way kids could buy the bricks to recreate things they had built in the store and the rest of us could have a chance to get bricks we otherwise wouldn't see on the wall.

heeey Cara those are like candies!! nice photo xDDD

guys how many pounds the cups cost in UK?? small 6pounds and the big 11pounds??

i am travelling to London soon..

8701964279_df84ef642b_b.jpg

8701963947_bfe3dc7136_b.jpg

Large PaB cup I picked up last month from the store in Tigard OR.

Have forgotten the piece count sadly ; (

Nothing spectacular but some fun colors and larger bricks.

No offense, but I find the 1 cm gap between the cup and the lid pretty spectacular. :grin:

No offense, but I find the 1 cm gap between the cup and the lid pretty spectacular. :grin:

lol!!!! :laugh:

Large PaB cup I picked up last month from the store in Tigard OR.

Have forgotten the piece count sadly ; (

If you are still in the area, they have 5x6 leaves, wheels AND axles (a first), and 1x4 brown tiles (to name a few). Better hurry in as May the 4th will certainly draw in PAB hoarders.

Pffft give me some credits thats atleast an inch gap!

But in all seriousness I've talk to the employees at the store a few times after hearing one of them explain how high the PaB cup can be. I used to have them so the lid fit securely on but was told that wasn't needed.

This is normally how full I fill all my cups and I always have a good time chatting with them.

Obviously this varies by store but ya, just me trying to max out piece counts for MoCs.

If you are still in the area, they have 5x6 leaves, wheels AND axles (a first), and 1x4 brown tiles (to name a few). Better hurry in as May the 4th will certainly draw in PAB hoarders.

Thanks Penkin11, was it you that updated the PaB wall on BrickBldr? I ran down after work as soon as I saw they had 5x6 leaves as I have been really jealous of anyone else who had gotten them at PaB walls. Even the employees were shocked they had them!

I'll post a pick of that haul soon.

If your going t be down there on the fourth maybe I will see you there haha :laugh:

I've only been to BrickBldr once, about a year ago to be exact, so no that wasn't me.

I won't be able to make to Mt4BWY. Don't forget your 50% off B-Wing!

Has anybody been to either Denver area store recently? I'm making a trip there in a couple of weeks and want to know which store is better and what selection they have at the PAB wall.

Rate my packing EuroBrick Members!

Spent a full One and A half hours in the Cardiff Lego store today, Wonderful staff and a nice selection!

541611_280549258748232_613835156_n.jpg944391_280549525414872_161396905_n.jpg316215_280549612081530_1752374577_n.jpg

923334_280549688748189_388908916_n.jpg

All from one large cup!

Piece count, I counted a large amount of it and got to 1000, Gems, slopes and 1x1 round tiles remained I would estimate at around 1400 pieces!

Not bad for 11 pound

Edited by Legopast

Olive pieces, gold cones, 1x1 round bley plates, 5 faced greebles and jumper plates!?! Seriously jealous right now...

It was a rather good haul,

I have been planning a castle scape on LDD and went mainly for plates but came away with nothing of the sort but none the less some great parts!

Love the look of your mocs in sig bar! (not to go off topic!)

You did a great job, Legopast. Well, it's not hard to pack the mini 1x1 bricks, and they're actually great to fill the bottom, and then build up with larger bricks.

Rate my packing EuroBrick Members!

Yes I agree completely! 1x1 rounds are very versitile bricks and It was nice too see them in the wall.

Am I right in thinking that the cups have been put out of use in some areas?

Also a quick note, I put these items into online Pick A Brick, It came to a huge £70 plus some odd change!

Am I right in thinking that the cups have been put out of use in some areas?

I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you hear this?

That is a great PAB from Cardiff, may have to try and get there myself, especially for those 1X1 tiles and the 1X4 tiles.

Well if you have not seen it anywhere it must be a false alarm sid, I thought I had read that they were using bags (in the states?) But I must have been wrong will have a look into it now!

They use bags only at the Legoland PAB.

By the way Legopast, were the 1x1 round tiles available by themselves or in a "leftover" pile from one of the kiddie building stations?

The 1x1 round tiles? They had a wall pot (the wall PAB holders I think they have them in the USA too) full of them, They had been put in earlier that day.

The only parts left over from the "kiddie areas" were as follows,

The green 4x6 plates

The Torch plume and hood

And also the 1x4 brown plates but they had alot of those hanging around

All the rest was Pick A brick they had a large selection of odd colour pieces including some other olive pink and purples