ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Bought a second cup today with 609 pieces. I have remember to keep an empty PAB cup in my car at all times. :classic:

Picture14234.jpg

I was in Copenhagen last week and on each day of my visit I got 1 big cup on PAB.

Cup 1, total of 812 pieces:

2x2 radar dish (White) 29

Bracket 1 x 2 - 2 x 2 (White) 23

Brick 1x10 (White) 16

Brick 1x2 (Trans White) 23

Brick 1x2 with clip (Black) 12

Brick 2x2 with pin (White) 4

Green plant flower stem (Green) 38

Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers (Light gray) 9

Little wing (White) 4

Plate 1x2 (Black) 121

Plate 1x2 (Tan) 55

Plate 1x2 with handle (White) 50

Plate 1x4 (Tan) 15

Plate 2x2 corner (Tan) 22

Plate 2x4 (Tan) 29

Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Arm Up (Dark bluish gray) 26

Propeller 3 Blade 3 Diameter (Black) 4

Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3 (Trans red) 82

Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3 (Trans white) 79

Slope, Inverted 45 2 x 2 (White) 29

Tile 1x2 with grille (White) 88

Tile 2x2 (Red) 54

Cup 2, total of 816 pieces:

Antenna (Black) 22

Brick 1x1 with handle (Black) 40

Brick 1x2 (Trans white) 17

Brick 1x2 log (Brown) 15

Brick 1x2 log (Tan) 31

Brick 2x2 round (Brown) 29

Green plant flower stem (Green) 48

Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger (Light gray) 44

Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers (Light gray) 36

Plate 1x1 (Trans yellow) 32

Plate 1x1 with clip (Black) 54

Plate 1x4 (Tan) 43

Plate 1x4 (Yellow) 12

Plate 2x2 corner (Tan) 35

Plate 4x4 (Tan) 11

Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Handles (Black) 11

Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3 (Trans white) 118

Slope 45 2 x 1 Triple (Black) 30

Tile 1x2 (Lime green) 116

Tile 1x8 (Red) 19

Tile 2x2 (Yellow) 21

Treasure Chest Bottom Type 1 (Brown) 5

Utensil Seat 2 x 2 (Brown) 27

Went to the store last week and picked some nice pieces up. I fit all of this into 2 large cups and 1 small cup.

6063281040_2883ed3bd7_z.jpg

To get all 52 wall pieces into the cups along with other goodies (100+ windows) I used this method. You fill the areas between the walls with pieces, create a column of them and then fill the outside with whatever else you want.

6071366799_01e4816f31_z.jpg

It took about an hour and a half to do it, but my wife wanted me out of the house during her craft group and i certainly didn't want to stay!

Edited by Tervlon

Went to the store last week and picked some nice pieces up. I fit all of this into 2 large cups and 1 small cup.

To get all 52 wall pieces into the cups along with other goodies (100+ windows) I used this method. You fill the areas between the walls with pieces, create a column of them and then fill the outside with whatever else you want.

It took about an hour and a half to do it, but my wife wanted me out of the house during her craft group and i certainly didn't want to stay!

Those walls are great pieces to have in such great quantities-- they make for easy building at a large scale!

I wish there was a more unique assortment of parts at the Potomac Mills Pick-A-Brick. We went there recently and got a bunch of Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange flames (new style without pins), Transparent Brown 1x2 bricks without pins, Bright Yellow 1x2x2 bricks, Medium Stone Grey 6087s, and Bright Red and Bright Yellow 60212s.

Edited by Aanchir

Those walls are great pieces to have in such great quantities-- they make for easy building at a large scale!

I wish there was a more unique assortment of parts at the Potomac Mills Pick-A-Brick. We went there recently and got a bunch of Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange flames (new style without pins), Transparent Brown 1x2 bricks without pins, Bright Yellow 1x2x2 bricks, Medium Stone Grey 6087s, and Bright Red and Bright Yellow 60212s.

Yeah, I always shop at Tysons now. PM is a constant disappointment when it comes to the PAB wall.

6063281040_2883ed3bd7_z.jpg

6071366799_01e4816f31_z.jpg

I also did that technique when I was at Tysons Corner a couple of days ago. All I put between the walls were the windows and 1x1 transparent red tiles though. Anyways, it was a great haul. :grin:

Heres my haul. I know I could of put in more 1X1 studs/plates/tiles to fill in space, but i've been a couple times b4 and I have enough studs to fill a small lego pool and I don't need more plates and tiles.

lime green 2x4 = 23

orange 2x4 = 19

light blue = 10

tan 2x4 = 1

dark red 2x4 = 12

red 1X2 = 11

1X2 black = 3

1x1 blue stud = 3

1x1 clear stud = 4

1x1 red stud = 2

1x1 red tile = 2

1x1 green plate = 1

1x2 yellow jumper plate = 27

gearstick = 2

2x2 dark gray = 8

1x2 dark tan tile = 1

1x2 gray plate w/ ridges = 15

2x2 dark tan tile = 15

1x4 gray brick = 14

1X1 dark gray brick = 12

1X2 white w/ ridges = 4

1X2 white brick = 1

1X2 tan brick = 1

2X2 tan corner = 29

1x4 log brick = 34

1x2 log brick brown = 75

1x2 tan brick = 40

3X6 dark red wing = 3 left, 3 right

1 mailbox w/ door

1 computer

That's a great technique, but if time is money, then I don't want to spend an hour and a half in the store. :tongue:

Heres my haul. I know I could of put in more 1X1 studs/plates/tiles to fill in space, but i've been a couple times b4 and I have enough studs to fill a small lego pool and I don't need more plates and tiles.

I find that can Never have too many tiles, you have some varieties there that I cannot say I've seen at the local PaB wall but I get there on a hit or miss roughly monthly cycle. When I see a tile I haven't gotten before I tend to get a bunch if I can, uncommon colors or pieces don't last long on the local PaB wall so i have to grab them when I see them.

In general my view I don't want that cup to even rattle, if it does I failed to pack it tight enough :) I pay the same if I fill the small spaces or not and I don't like paying for 'air' in my cup. If I cannot use the small pieces I can trade them or even give them to my nephews....

I bought this from a flee market this morning: 2 strange bags with a very strange pieces selection!

pab.jpg

The bricks are in mint condition and I got this for 3 euros so I think it is worth it... But where the heck does this comes from?

The bags have a set number - 4521. I googled it but did not really find an answer. My guess is that it has to come from some kind of PAB, but...

A) there is no PAB where I live (belgium)

B) I thought PAB where only using cups?

C) why is there only 1 type of wedges? (and what am I going to do with these now... :sceptic: )

Amongst the strangest pieces there are 8 black MF headpieces, 5 shovels, 4 books and 1 MF dress (I thought PAB did not have MF accessories?) and 2 "AT-AT" decorated slopes...

Any ideas?

I bought this from a flee market this morning: 2 strange bags with a very strange pieces selection!

pab.jpg

The bricks are in mint condition and I got this for 3 euros so I think it is worth it... But where the heck does this comes from?

The bags have a set number - 4521. I googled it but did not really find an answer. My guess is that it has to come from some kind of PAB, but...

C) why is there only 1 type of wedges? (and what am I going to do with these now... :sceptic: )

Amongst the strangest pieces there are 8 black MF headpieces, 5 shovels, 4 books and 1 MF dress (I thought PAB did not have MF accessories?) and 2 "AT-AT" decorated slopes...

Any ideas?

Two ideas:

Grab Bags, they look like it at least but the ones I've seen usually have a added price sticker (but I'm in the US). Usually Grab bags are made up of the pieces picked up off the floor, sets that have been busted open (in transit or returns, etc) and the like.

The other possibility is I've heard that most(some?) of the Euro based PaB is done by WEIGHT not by the cup. Since I've never been over there I cannot say for sure if this would be the correct bag for that or is they have minifig parts in said selection.

The bags DO look longer than any I've seen used for Grab Bags but I can recall at least 3 different designs now, and I don't see them that often (too frequent visits are bad for the pocket!)

pab.jpg

Any ideas?

That is quite strange. It looks like the minifigure dress piece is from the blacksmith shop. Also, all the pieces do look quite useless. :laugh: Anyways, I think the Bearded Castle guy is right. They look like grab bags to me. :classic:

I don't know about grab bags, it would be highly unusual for the pick a brick wall to have a non-basic brick in six different colors like that large piece is in the picture. Maybe an order from online pick-a-brick?

Thanks for the feedbacks, I did not know about grab bags...

all the pieces do look quite useless. :laugh:

:tongue: I must agree with you... I'm a bit disapointed with my finding! When I bought I did not really took the time to check the content of the bags in detail (remember it was just 3 euros!) I just asked the woman who was selling it where she got it and she just replied, "dunno, my son never played with it" - no wonder given the pieces, if that's all the Lego her son had, I understand why he never played with them!

Maybe an order from online pick-a-brick?

Possible but... What in the world could you build with that!? :laugh:

Hi,

This reminds me of all the stuff I use around my room to put certain Lego bricks that I want separate for some amount time. :laugh:

Hi,

Those bags are similar to the ones that were used when (at least) in Finland there were those "Chaos-Pick-A-Prick lots" at hypermarkets *). It was about 6-8 years ago, at the time LEGO was emptying their warehouses from extra colours and bricks.

*) Several big boxes (approx. 60x40x30cm) filled with odd bricks and pieces (just like in the picture). You were allowed to fill a bag / cup / blue box with those for certain amount (5€-30€ or something.

It reminds me of one trip to a PAB wall where they had wedges, so I grabbed a handful. (I was limited on time) After returning home I found that I only got right hand wedges so I had to bricklink some left hand wedges to match.

That being said this set http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=3833-1 has four "Lime Wedge, Plate 3 x 2 Left" but no corresponding right plates. So some things can be built without bilaterally symmetrical parts.

Mental note....add right hand plates to my bricklink account.

Several big boxes (approx. 60x40x30cm) filled with odd bricks and pieces (just like in the picture). You were allowed to fill a bag / cup / blue box with those for certain amount (5€-30€ or something.

I don't know if there were similar promotions in Belgium... But if this piece selection is really the result of a manual selection... that would be the one of either the dumbest or the most insane MOCer!

It reminds me of one trip to a PAB wall where they had wedges, so I grabbed a handful. (I was limited on time) After returning home I found that I only got right hand wedges so I had to bricklink some left hand wedges to match.

I was actually wondering about that. Assuming you could find wedges in a PaB wall, would the left and right be grouped in the same box or placed into separate ones?

Mmhh... Set 3833 is an interesting finding! Now I know I could always try using these large lime wedges to build a giant Krusty Krab burger! :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Edited by Yatkuu

I don't know if there were similar promotions in Belgium... But if this piece selection is really the result of a manual selection... that would be the one of either the dumbest or the most insane MOCer!

I was actually wondering about that. Assuming you could find wedges in a PaB wall, would the left and right be grouped in the same box or placed into separate ones?

Mmhh... Set 3833 is an interesting finding! Now I know I could always try using these large lime wedges to build a giant Krusty Krab burger! :hmpf_bad::laugh:

In regards to the assorted bags earlier, the fact that the various wedges were only form one side is part of why I was thinking grab bags...

Wedges in a PaB wall, I have NEVER seen them mix parts deliberately in a PaB bin at the local store, I've seen them pull the last few pieces from a bin and fill it with a completely different part. I assume the last few pieces went to to where ever they stockpile the parts for the grab bags until they are ready to fill them.

In regards to the assorted bags earlier, the fact that the various wedges were only form one side is part of why I was thinking grab bags...

Wedges in a PaB wall, I have NEVER seen them mix parts deliberately in a PaB bin at the local store, I've seen them pull the last few pieces from a bin and fill it with a completely different part. I assume the last few pieces went to to where ever they stockpile the parts for the grab bags until they are ready to fill them.

Hmm, what a coincidence, I just did some major PAB shopping and they did mix relatable parts together.

Anyway, here is my extrmely long list. By the way, I know I could have packed the cups, but It would have doubled my time....as it was I left my house at 8:15 am and got back at 10:15 pm

Shaumburg Lego Discovery Center (Bought by pound)

1 white 1x2 brick

1 tan 2x6 plate

1 white 1x1 technic brick

1 blue 1x2 technic brick

1 mid stone half pin

8 red flower clusters

1 transred 1x1 tile

2 white jumper plates

2 white 1x3 bricks

8 white 2x3 bricks

8 white 2x4 bricks

2 white 2x2 slopes

14 tan 1x3 bricks

2 blue 2x4 brick

9 blue 2x4 45 slope

30 blue 3x2 33 slope

6 red 1x3 brick

16 red 2x3 brick

Mental note: shop here last next time prices are only good if you cant get them anywhere else.

Shaumburg Lego Store PAB

10 Dark Tan? 2x2 tile

18 trans yellow 1x1 plate

211 white 1x2 brick

23 white 2x2x2 60 slope

25 white 2x1 45 inverted slope

10 dark stone crate

46 black 1x1 plate with ring

11 mid stone 2x6 brick

31 green plant stems

98 clear 1x1 plate

Downtown Chicago LS

7 white 1x10 Brick

1 white 4x8 plate

15 White 4x6 plate

42 white 1x1 plate with ring

52 Tan 1x4 plate

34 tan 2x2 corner plate

14 brown 2x2 round brick

9 yellow 4x4 plate

8 yellow 2x2 brick

44 yellow jumper

49 red 2x2 45 convex corner slope brick

57 red 2x1 45 slope brick

43 black 2x1 45 slope brick

17 black 2x2 round brick

22 black 1x2 plate

Downtown Chicago LS Grab Bag

198 Light Gray tile 1x2 with Gauge Pattern http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3069bpx19

94 white 1x2 brick

42 orange 1x4 brick

53 red 1x2 brick

6 yellow 1x4 brick

71 clear 2x2 45 slope

10 brown Barrels (Hooray!)

3 Transred 1x 1 round plate

2 transyellow 1x1 round plate

1 clear 1x2 plate

1 tan 1x2 plate

1 white 1x2 profile brick http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2877

1 midstone Control stick base with black stick

Northbrook LS PAB 1

72 white 1x2 tile grille style

31 white 1x2 hinge brick top

54 white 1x2 hinge brick bottom

38 Red 2x3 45 slope brick

29 red 2x2x2 60 slope brick

8 white 2x2 brick

4 white 1x2-2x2 bracket

102 navy 2x2 45 slope brick corner convex

PAB 2

37 black 1x2 tile with handle

20 dark tan 1x2 tile

12 dark tan 2x2 tile

8 white 1x2 hinge brick top

8 white 1x2 hinge brick bottom

8 white 1x1x5 brick

53 white 1x2-2x2 bracket

4 brown 2x4 plate

31 black 1x2 plate with handles

60 black 1x2 plate

198 Midstone 1x2 hinge plate w/ 1 finger on end

219 Mid Stone 1x2 hinge plate w 2 fingers on end

So, what did I learn from this trip.....

1 Get better directions for the orland park store (so I don't end up in indiana)

2 skip the downtown Chicago store (Parking is brutal)

3 Bring the big cooler, so lego purchases can be kept cool and not melt in the sun.....this didn't happen, because after each store I would take the time to separate any pieces put together to get them into the cup

4 Visit Legoland discovery center last...or not at all. I Did this location first because it closes at 6 and the other places close at 9, but after many attempts to make this place work for me, I think I finaly figured out that the only bricks worth getting here are supper rare ones, and I've only seen that happen once.

I think it's manual selection. :tongue: I think four or five years ago Fun toy stores (in Belgium) had a small selection of Pick-a-brick pieces. I remember the one in Poperinge had a big box of pieces thrown together and you could fill the bags with them (though I never bought a bag there). I did buy a few bags in the Fun in Roeselare: there they were sorted in different boxes. I then bought a reasonably amount of 2x2 bricks in trans-blue, together with window pieces. :sweet: They had to be put in those little bags, I think it was around 4 or 6 euro for a bag.