Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Interactive Historical LEGO Timeline

Ahoy.

The past few days I've been assembling an online timeline interface chronicling world history in LEGO from the works of several members of the online community. If you'd like to take a look, the page can be found here.

So far Justin Vaughn (Mainman), Jordan Schwartz (Sir Nadroj), Andrew Summersgill (Dr. Sinister), Alan Saunders (Kaptain Kobold), Pedro Cuahchic, and Daniel Siskind (Brickmania) have been kind enough to offer their photos. If there's anyone else who wouldn't mind allowing me the permission to borrow some pictures please say so here. It'd be great to get more contributions from different people, but since the key here is quality there's no guarantees of inclusion.

Thanks.

If you want to use my pictures... see Flickr.

But I'm not certain if you can use them... if so you have my permission to borrow some pictures.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

I'd love to see this expanded. It's definitely a great idea! We are a bit short on MOCs pre 1600s but with time we can fill this out.

Keep it up... :thumbup:

This is a very cool project, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

If you see anything you like in [my gallery], please feel free to use it, but I don't really have anything historically specific.

Great idea!

It'd be great to get more contributions from different people

:thumbup: How about history of Poland? :classic:

Thanks all for your support. I'm definitely missing the Middle Ages here as it's not a period in which I tend to personally build, so I'll try to add one of you things, Dillon, for that sake. I might have to set a I decide date myself however; I hope that's okay.

TinyPius has been doing some very nice history of the world vigs recently.

I'd love to add some of TinyPie's vignettes. Hopefully the lad will show up here sometime soon?

:thumbup: How about history of Poland? :classic:

If you build the stuff I'll be happy to add it. I find this particularly inspiring -

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=349550

Only it's too bad that like many others it is an emulation of a general geo-cultural style within a vague time period rather than a certain date of notable significance. The former is very tough to map on a timeline.

This is a very interesting project indeed, I'll definitely be following it. Feel free to use my MOC. My gallery is here, though I may have to tidy it up a bit.

I'll also help with this project. This week I will start to tell the history of Belgium in LEGO, so maybe it can be added afterwards. =)