KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

WOW!

That set is way better than anything I was thinking the set would be. It's not overly huge, it's cleanly designed, and it has a new color variant for the always fun A-Wing. That breifing pit is also pretty clever. I'm digging it. Not to mention great new Minifig characters. I'm very happy deino2.gif

Damn! I was looking forward to this set being OT and unappealing so I didn't have to buy it and could save my money but it's not, it's great! I hope it's not too expensive as it doesn't look very big. The fig selection is great and I will probably pick this up too. I just hope the Falcon's no good. :tongue:

Well, gentlemen, that's one great set! ) :thumbup:

Even for us, PT fans, there's some great stuff. ) Mon Mothma (ever young), mons.... :laugh: SW hologram for Confederates..... ) :classic:

Great, simply, great! ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Out in the new Toy Fare April 2009 magazine has a pic of the New up coming SW Lego "Mon Calamari Star Cruiser LEGO set" (no # yet) The set come with a new Lando, Admiral Ackbar, A-Wing Pilot, Calamari mechanic, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, 6 New mini figs in all. This set was the one of the winners in the Lego SW Lego Fan 2008 poll. Enjoy!!! Can't wait till July / Aug.....

I'm totally amazed :cry_happy: I think I'm falling in love with this set:

Just look at the new figures! Lando, Ackbar & Calamari mechanic, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine ... :wub:

One point of criticism: The set doesnt look like nor resembles a Mon Calamari Cruiser and could have been any hangar on any starship. :cry_sad:

Anyways Thank you darthdarren for sharing the info! :thumbup:

Ok, that Mon Calamari "cruiser" is nice.. great minifigs, but, it is just two rooms..one small hangar and one room with the holo Death Star. I might pass on this one, unless it will be sold for a very reasonable price.

Edited by General Magma

no why ...why

I wan`t the pelpetian arrest

why ...

but this is better much better :cry_happy:

You answered your own question. :classic:

Oh, and a general announcement:

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Edited by Algernon

That Death Star hologram is curious, and I'm hoping it's a prelim piece. From what I can tell, it's a Tridax pod from BIONICLE.

60934.1206079838.jpg

I presume it will be replaced in the final set with a more Death Star shaped part.

That Death Star hologram is curious, and I'm hoping it's a prelim piece. From what I can tell, it's a Tridax pod from BIONICLE.

60934.1206079838.jpg

I presume it will be replaced in the final set with a more Death Star shaped part.

Good catch, and I'm sure it will be. It's got plenty of time to go through some more changes before release.

Does it look to anybody else, like there are gaping holes in the floor underneath the holo-Death Star?

Perhaps the gaping hole is to thwart anyone who wants to steal the holo-Death Star. Or, more simply put--It's a trap!

I love it! I thought there would be more than one Ackbar type people! Hopefully the set will be about £40-£50. :thumbup:

JD

Meh, it's alright. The set looks decent and the minifigs are pretty nice. Not much playability and no special parts though. Still, I guess it's a nice playset in the style of cloud city.

But to think that we could have had Palpatine's Arrest with all its jedi and palpy with transforming head etc. instead of this stupid hangar with control room... :cry_sad:

Oh well, at least I wont have to spend all my money on this exclusive and can focus on the CW sets. I hope that all the OT fans out there are satisfied now, and that all the unrealistic rumors of this set being the complete ship will finally stop. :hmpf:

And who knows... maybe they'll make the Arrest set next year. :sweet:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this set, certainly Ackbar!

But is the A-Wing in the movie also green?

Greets, The Force!

They were both, the red ones were apart of Rogue/Red Squadron (one was Flown by Tycho Celcu into the Deathstar) and the green ones were Green Squadron (one flown by Arvel Crynyd, crashed in the Executor's bridge).

Edited by Knightsword

Apologies if I've been a tad slow, but I've only just noticed that it's Chancellor Palaptine rather than Emperor. He's one of the minifigs I've wanted to see for some time, but never really thought we'd get. Sounds promising!

Wow, TWO Mon Calamari? Nice!

And Crix Madine! Never imagined he'd turn up in a LEGO set. Awesome!

Mon Mothma... What hair is that? Umbridge? We'll see. Looking interesting, but to me a little less WOW! than Ackbar and Madine.

Looks like a fantastic set. Always nice to see Lando show his face in a set. Death Star hologram! Green A-wing! Ackbar! Madine! Extra Mon Calamari! :thumbup:

Hopefully the set will be about £40-£50. :thumbup:

I wont enter in a dicussion about price because this thread isnt the place... but in your dreams.

And who knows... maybe they'll make the Arrest set next year. :sweet:

I like the Mon Calamari set mostly because of the minifigures, but I hope they make the Arrest set too.

They were both, the red ones were apart of Rogue/Red Squadron (one was Flown by Tycho Celcu into the Deathstar) and the green ones were Green Squadron (one flown by Arvel Crynyd, crashed in the Executor's bridge).

Thanks Knightsword, love the detailed info. A true fan. So I guess the set has a green squadron A-wing.

Perhaps it is still part of a larger vessel, this is why there are large technic pins below the hangar, to slide this part in and out of the ship.

Just a thought.

Great figs and I will finally have an A-Wing

Nice set. Looks to be about the same price as the Hoth Base (Not the new one). I will consider buying it, even though I have an A-Wing. Lego was very generous with the figures. We didn't need Lando or Madine. :thumbup:

It's... it's BEAUTIFUL! A set I won't be getting, but, two Min Cals, a good little A-wing... and... it's just simply perfect!

And now it does look a lot like the midscale MF will fit in there!

What a rubbish ''set''!

I love the mini figs so i'll buy it but - there aint even enough of a ''set'' to display!

Are you saying you'd buy a downscaled interiorless heap with one minifig, or a trillion dollar mess of a massive load of impossible?

This is one of the best sets out there, and you can't do much else with a Mon Cal Cruiser seeing as they're shapeless masses.

Edit: First post should have home one listed for August. It says so in the picture. Also, it's a Clone Pilot in the Venator, not a Clone Trooper. Pilot and Gunner.

Edited by Darth Legolas

It's... it's BEAUTIFUL! A set I won't be getting

What?! You love it but wont get it?! You've got me confused :wacko:

And now it does look a lot like the midscale MF will fit in there!

Probably not. Even a midscale will be able to fit minifigures and that combining with the size of the MF and seeing the size of this set, I disagree. But I guess only pictures can end to this discussion :grin:

What?! You love it but wont get it?! You've got me confused

He's more of a Clone Wars fan than an OT fan.

Probably not. Even a midscale will be able to fit minifigures and that combining with the size of the MF and seeing the size of this set, I disagree. But I guess only pictures can end to this discussion

Seeing as nobody has seen the set, there is no answer to that yet.

Thank you very much for that news and the pics, darthdarren! :sweet:

WOW!

That set is way better than anything I was thinking the set would be. It's not overly huge, it's cleanly designed, and it has a new color variant for the always fun A-Wing. That breifing pit is also pretty clever. I'm digging it. Not to mention great new Minifig characters. I'm very happy deino2.gif

That's exactly what I wanted to say, too, Deinonychus! :grin:

This set is simply perfect! :wub: :wub:

Firsly I feared that we'll get only a very disappointing set, with an A-Wing pilot, General Ackbar, a mechanic, some other minifigs and a very "cheap" scenery, And I was really disappointed since we won't get the whole ship.

But, hey, the first aspect is totally destroyed since we get five new minifigs - General Ackbar, General Crix Madine, another Mon Calamari minifig, Lando Calrissian (new style) and even Mon Mothma :wub: - an A-Wing Pilot, a very well designed A-Wing (apart from that it's a big too big :sceptic: ) and a perfect scenery with a lot of details :oh: ! It seems as if TLG gave us all elements we wanted to get! :thumbup:

The second aspect is not yet gotten over since I still hope that we'll get a Home One as a whole ship somewhere in the future. But to tell the truth I do not think that TLG will release a Home One as a whole ship with interior and minifigs (like the awesome minifig-scaled DS in 2006) anywhere. :cry_sad: But nevertheless that's not that bad since the main thing is that we've got now the control room, General Ackbar, Madine and Mon Mothma! :wink:

Only one word: Awesome!

I hope that TLG will continue next year with releasing that perfect and many new minifigs including OT sets! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can see second floor, hangar crane, Death Star hologram (nice piece) and mysterious black stick in a hangar on a this photo :

Mon_Calamari.JPG

I, too, wonder about what function this mysterious black stick does have. :look:

I love it! I thought there would be more than one Ackbar type people! Hopefully the set will be about £40-£50. :thumbup:

JD

This set includes more scenery than the Endor set but less minifigs. So I'd think that it'll be about the same price like the Endor set (100 Euros), perhaps a bit more, but surely not more than 120 Euros. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter