donneyboy

Worst Part

Flick fire missiles and their related parts.

Disagree.The flick fire misiles may don't shoot far compared to this one and this one,but it's a very useful part.

I don't think that there are any useless parts in Lego,because if you don't know how to use those parts,someone will. :classic:

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I don't think that there are any useless parts in Lego,because if you don't know how to use those parts,someonw will. :classic:

I'm sure the OP meant what part is useless to YOU not the general public. If you a had a few hundreds of the part in the OP you could probably build a shack in some 3rd world country and you'd be quite happy

But I would just throw it out as I've done with a bunch of these :

32448.gif

Cheers,

Ole

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I would have to say any fleshy minifig part. They're nothing short of a betrayal of the brand.

Sure, you can replace fleshy hands and some fleshy heads with yellow ones, but fleshy torsos and legs often can't be replaced because there is no yellow equivalent.

I would say that any part is useful, if nothing else as a challenge to work in to a MOC. It is frustrating to me, though, when I come across pieces like this:

4659335.jpg

The clip on the side is in system, and the shape makes this a useful part, but the knob on top is too big for a clip, yet too small for a technic connector. Also, the greebly hole on the side is designed to be too small to receive a pin. It's like, "really TLG? You couldn't spare another mm to make this into an extra connection point?" And I dunno, maybe they couldn't; it is still frustrating.

I actually wondered, during my kid years (80's), why LEGO did not make flesh-colored minifigs. If I had a large population of fleshies (I only have a few), I would just pretend the fleshies are Caucasians and the yellow figs are Asians. Like someone did creatively here.

Worst part IMO? Any "One trick pony", like the train nose above, that you would have to get seriously brain-fryingly creative to work into a MOC w/o it looking like what it was originally meant to be. I'm not exactly "uncreative", I just seldom get any ideas that would set off a brain-fry-storm, so any "one trick ponies" that come into my possession end up on Bricklink.

BTW: "One trick ponies" are already known in AFOLdom as SPUDs: Special/Single Piece/Purpose Ugly/Useless/UnLEGOish Design/Decorative. From Here.

Edited by splatman

I actually wondered, during my kid years (80's), why LEGO did not make flesh-colored minifigs. If I had a large population of fleshies (I only have a few), I would just pretend the fleshies are Caucasians and the yellow figs are Asians. Like someone did creatively here.

Worst part IMO? Any "One trick pony", like the train nose above, that you would have to get seriously brain-fryingly creative to work into a MOC w/o it looking like what it was originally meant to be. I'm not exactly "uncreative", I just seldom get any ideas that would set off a brain-fry-storm, so any "one trick ponies" that come into my possession end up on Bricklink.

BTW: "One trick ponies" are already known in AFOLdom as SPUDs: Special/Single Piece/Purpose Ugly/Useless/UnLEGOish Design/Decorative. From Here.

I am not too creative - kinda rely on what I see elsewhere to inspire me.

I dont generally sell lego (except certain minifigs) because anything can come in handy one day one way or another...

Pretty much any part that cannot be connected to any other form of lego part is the worst part. As they can't be used in any moc other than landscape. (Like the part in the very first post)

I would say that any part is useful, if nothing else as a challenge to work in to a MOC. It is frustrating to me, though, when I come across pieces like this:

4659335.jpg

The clip on the side is in system, and the shape makes this a useful part, but the knob on top is too big for a clip, yet too small for a technic connector. Also, the greebly hole on the side is designed to be too small to receive a pin. It's like, "really TLG? You couldn't spare another mm to make this into an extra connection point?" And I dunno, maybe they couldn't; it is still frustrating.

This piece is not designed for the use you mentioned here.This piece is designed to been a claw or a finger,similar to the Exo-Force robot arms.This piece is good for giant demon,giant monster,and CCBS MOCs.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

That is kind of the problem, it was designed for one use and one use only, there are lots of examples where parts meant to be one thing have been used successfully as something else or as a part of something else. Does it mean it's a bard part? No, just limited and again the major limitation is creativity.

This piece is not designed for the use you mentioned here.This piece is designed to been a claw or a finger,similar to the Exo-Force robot arms.This piece is good for giant demon,giant monster,and CCBS MOCs.

My first encounter with it was with my son's TMNT sets. I realize, however, that it is from a different system of building, but that doesn't forgive the almost-system-like design. Is it a good, useful piece? Yes. But it is also a missed opportunity to include further connection points (while keeping the piece the same in every other respect), and that is what frustrates me.

Edited by rodiziorobs

I love the claw(s - there is a new, recent version of it), I've used it a lot.

But just assume that the extra stuff is just greebling. I don't have a problem with greebling, *unless* it seriously brings troubles, like this part that is a nightmare in the LDD.

Lightsaber hilts are of those rare bits to connect bars together, and while the detail does look nice, it looks like it's designed for collision troubles.

41scu5o7hOL.jpg

My first encounter with it was with my son's TMNT sets. I realize, however, that it is from a different system of building, but that doesn't forgive the almost-system-like design. Is it a good, useful piece? Yes. But it is also a missed opportunity to include further connection points (while keeping the piece the same in every other respect), and that is what frustrates me.

I understand your opinion,but I think that's some sacifise TLC need to do to make the piece has a sturdy design.The further connection points you mentioned here,like having the greebly hole to wide enough to fit a lightsaber bar,properly wouldn't meet TLC structural design standard and it may weaken the structure of both the claw piece and the lightsaber bar.The others mentioned,like having the knob on top wide enough to fit a technic connector or a clip,would also present other problem because to fit a technic connector or a clip without causing stress to the parts,the clip that connect the piece to another bar need to been placed lower and this may ruin the sleekness of the piece and make the piece been too clunky.

Edited by ArmstrongYong