I moved last year from Italy to Lancaster.. I have yet to see a good toy shop in the area.. Does anyone have any advice? I was planning to go this saturday to Liverpool for some regular shopping and a visit to the Lego store. What other stores should I visit while I am there?

There are no 'good' toy shops. You're better off trying Argos or a large Asda/Tesco or buying online from Amazon. Toy shops like the Entertainer and Toys'r'us are usually overpriced.

If you're heading into Liverpool, your best bet for a deal on Lego is John Lewis but it's unlikely you'll find anything worthwhile.

- - -

EDIT

Forgot to add:

Disneystore.co.uk has the big bentley set on sale for £35.99

Edited by tiberium_blue

There are no 'good' toy shops. You're better off trying Argos or a large Asda/Tesco or buying online from Amazon. Toy shops like the Entertainer and Toys'r'us are usually overpriced.

If you're heading into Liverpool, your best bet for a deal on Lego is John Lewis but it's unlikely you'll find anything worthwhile.

Yes by "good" I mean well stocked.. At least you people DO have toy sales :) They are unheard of in Italy.. Some months ago my local toy store still had a Tantive IV at about 190 euros!

I'll see what I'll be able to find along the way.. Is it the same in Manchester?

Tescos in Cirencester were clearancing several items for over 50% off:

Harry Potter Hagrid Huts was £20 (but with a really beaten up box)

Harry Potter Quiddich Match was £9

7634 City Tractor was £4

7635 City 4WD and Horse Trailer was £7

7978 Atlantis Angler Attack was £4.50

As I have the first two already I bought 7634, 7635 and 7978 for £15.50. Then used £15 of Clubcard vouchers :classic:

Has anyone been able to find a 'Friends Loyalty Card' in their local Argos store? It's the card used to collect the Friends promotion stickers and send for a mysterious surprise. Since there are a number of different surprises all age 3+, I strongly suspect this is a selection from the recently revealed Friends promotional polybags. Anyway, the employees in my local Argos had no clue and no cards.

Argos Friends promotion link

Had to nip out of work to see a customer today and took the scenic route back - that's the route past Sainsbury's, two Asda's and TRU :devil: .

Not much to report except Asda again with Ewok Attack @ £12.47 and the Sith Nightspeeder @ £12.48 (presumably the extra penny is for the huge DSS).

TRU had discount on a 4 in 1 box of City Police Stuff (I'm pretty sure it included: 7498, 7279, 7285 & 7235) @ £69.99. And POP Ostrich Race @ £7.99 which I thought was still a bit steep

Also my local Asda has the City Harbour down to £25 (still beyond what I would be willing to pay for it).

Edited by Praiter Yed

Had to nip out of work to see a customer today and took the scenic route back - that's the route past Sainsbury's, two Asda's and TRU :devil: .

Not much to report except Asda again with Ewok Attack @ £12.47 and the Sith Nightspeeder @ £12.48 (presumably the extra penny is for the huge DSS).

TRU had discount on a 4 in 1 box of City Police Stuff (I'm pretty sure it included: 7498, 7279, 7285 & 7235) @ £69.99. And POP Ostrich Race @ £7.99 which I thought was still a bit steep

Also my local Asda has the City Harbour down to £25 (still beyond what I would be willing to pay for it).

You don't mean the 4645 harbour? That's an amazing price for that, It's supposed to be £72!

You don't mean the 4645 harbour? That's an amazing price for that, It's supposed to be £72!

Sorry, my bad, I meant Marina. :blush:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Tesco will be redoing their toy plans in 2 weeks. Hopefully will get a copy of the plans for my store next week, so that I can let you know what is on the horizon.

Amazon have got 7956 'Ewok Attack' for £15.99, that's 38% off (link here)

As usual, you might need to be quick! :classic:

Hi

Swung by tescos in south queensferry (near Edinburgh) looking for S6 minifigs this morning only to find they have 7959 geonosian fighter for £14.97. Only had a couple left though

For anyone stuck without Argos' BFF Rewards Card, it looks like this:

6720839225_bf7d0f2c5b_b.jpg

These should have been given with a Friends set purchase, as stated in the promotion details, but in reality you'll have to fight with the staff to get hold of one. The gifts are either a drunks tumbler with pouch, or an "exclusive" shoulder bag - both for kids.

The gifts are either a drunks tumbler with pouch, or an "exclusive" shoulder bag - both for kids.

Not sure how the bolded item is appropriate for kids ... mind you, they start em young these days :laugh::wink:

Stopped off in Argos today and noticed they had the new DC superheroes line on their shelf.

There were no price tags under the sets and when I took the Batcave to the counter I was told that they couldn't actually sell me the set until Friday.

Just a heads-up.

Amazon UK have the new Star Wars X-Wing (9493) for £40.90 (18% off) at the moment: (link here)

Amazon UK have the new Star Wars X-Wing (9493) for £40.90 (18% off) at the moment: (link here)

Wow.... already back up to £48!

Boots in Glasgow randomly had the new Cars 2 "impulse" sets showing at £5, scanning at £1.99!

Cue going back for the Francesco, Yellow corvette, blue mater on top of Finn McMissile I was origin ally getting

Wow.... already back up to £48!

Yes, it's strange how the prices on Amazon fluctuate often fluctuate from hour to hour :look: I've found some cracking deals sometimes, it's just a question of being lucky (e.g. 8092 Luke's Landspeeder for £13 a couple of weeks ago!).

I've just checked the X-wing again and it's down to £42.85 (14% reduction), which isn't a bad price.

I *think* this is the place for it,

On Tesco Direct they have 25% off PotC Queen Anne's Revenge making it £76. Linky

Also, they currently have an eCoupon offer on, providing £10 off any orders £75+, which makes the QAR £66 in total.

Yes, it's strange how the prices on Amazon fluctuate often fluctuate from hour to hour :look: I've found some cracking deals sometimes, it's just a question of being lucky (e.g. 8092 Luke's Landspeeder for £13 a couple of weeks ago!).

I've just checked the X-wing again and it's down to £42.85 (14% reduction), which isn't a bad price.

The camelcamelcamel.com website is useful for looking at Amazon prices. As an example, the 8092 data can be seen here, looks like £13 was a good deal

If you registor you get it to alert you if the price of a product is reduced

The camelcamelcamel.com website is useful for looking at Amazon prices. As an example, the 8092 data can be seen here, looks like £13 was a good deal

If you registor you get it to alert you if the price of a product is reduced

That is a fantastic site, thank you for the link!

Boots in Glasgow randomly had the new Cars 2 "impulse" sets showing at £5, scanning at £1.99!

Cue going back for the Francesco, Yellow corvette, blue mater on top of Finn McMissile I was origin ally getting

Back up to full price again, my fiancee went & had a look & they scanned at a fiver :sadnew:

Back up to full price again, my fiancee went & had a look & they scanned at a fiver :sadnew:

Sucks. Wait till John Lewis get them in. I have never known a shop where the lego price fluctuates so much and if you have the time to scan some sets the bargains that can be had