On 11/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, paul_delahaye said:

Shop.com Lego this weekend, free Christmas Box with orders over £85 and double points

Winter Villiage Fire Station £84.99 Doh!

We're supposed to have that offer in Denmark as well. But whenever I put an item in the basket that should qualify, I don't get the Christmas Box added - only the double VIP Points. Anyone else experience this?

Just signed up to Very the Catalogue shop in the UK, and picked up the new Technic Cement Mixer £89.99 with a £30 credit to account for the first order when using promo code Q4R3U.  As long as you add the first purchase to your credit account, once they have shipped, you can pay off the balance straight away.  The only negative was £3.99 delivery on first order.  But still that's 30+% discount on a new set.  Very happy.

The coupon code to enter during checkout was Q4R3U

Can't say it will last forever, but worked today.

Argos is having a LEGO sale with 25 - 33% off selected sets. Looks like it is matching Amazon.co.uk which is also having a sale on LEGO.

Edited by AmperZand

9 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Argos is having a LEGO sale with 25 - 33% off selected sets. Looks like it is matching Amazon.co.uk which is also having a sale on LEGO.

It is the other way around, Amazon matching Argos. There are some reasonable deals at Argos, although some of the smaller sets have actually gone up in price as some of them were in the 2 for £15 last week.

Aldi Lego Sets!

Every Christmas for the past few years Aldi sell a few Lego sets that can be found in the special buys isles, this year they have the following sets

42101 Technic Buggy

71700 Jungle Raider

60241 Police Dog Unit

60247 Forest Fire

60249 Street Sweeper

All of these sets that are normally £9 are £6.99 each so not bad if you are looking for stocking fillers or as a secret Santa Gift

Tesco Lego Deals!!

These sets are on sale at 2 large Tesco stores where I live in Salford, Manchester they might be nation wide sales so might be worth checking out

Following are on offer for 2 for £15 think you can mix and match

42101 Technic Buggy

71700 Jungle Raider

60241 Police Dog Unit

60247 Forest Fire

60249 Street Sweeper

60251 Monster Truck

60263 Ocean Mini-Sub

The follow were at these reduced prices

76895 Ferrari F8 Tributo - £13

42111 Dom's Dodge Charger - £72

60252 Race Boat Transporter - £20

60264 Ocean Exploration Sub - £20

There was some Star Wars stuff reduced but it had all sold out, they put stickers over the prices so I couldn't see what was on sale and what the deal was sadly. If I find anymore offers will post them here

I think I am the only one posting on here!

Is anyone actually reading this??

Anyway more offers at Tesco! I popped in yesterday and ALL yes ALL lego sets were on offer up to 50% off!

Most things were only around 25% or 30% off

However if you love the Hidden Side theme all the sets are 50% off! I am pretty sure this is nation wide as well so might be worth popping down to your local store.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:27 PM, williejm said:

I read it 

Good to hear!, I'm glad someone does makes it worth will.

I will keep posting on this topic if only for your benefit

If you visit your local Tesco whilst doing your essential weekly shop might be worth popping down the toy and Lego isle again.

Many Tesco's are clearing out their 2020 stock main thing that caught my eye was the following

76899 - Lamborghini Urus ST-X & Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO is now at £36.50

31109 Creator Pirate Ship £60

42111 Dom's Dodge Charger £60

All polybags were £1

Harry Potter mini figure series £2 each 

Happy shopping!

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I couldn't see where else to put it, so here goes. 

Has anyone in the UK bought from Shop@Home after Brexit and spent more than £135 in one order?

If so, did you get charged the 20% VAT by Lego at the checkout and did you get charged any additional import duty and a courier fee? 

From my understanding of the new rules any purchase my from S@H now that's over £135 could incur both customs and courier charges which could significantly add to the price of an order.

If this is the case then that means I will no longer be able to buy large sets from S@H and in many cases probably not be able to make an order to hit a promo threshold. As we all know, £135 is not a particularly high threshold in Lego terms so it limits purchase options significantly. My latest purchase is the Ideas Blacksmith's at £134.99 and I do have to wonder if Lego purposefully made the UK price a penny under the threshold for this reason.

I would appreciate Lego making the situation clear on their website for purchases, but seeing as the onus is on the buyer for £135+ they probably don't want to advertise the fact that you could get hit with an unexpected and potentially large bill pre delivery.

Any info would be most appreciated. :classic:

@BacktoBricks So, you're telling me that I'm going to *really* regret buying those impulse minifigures? No mention of VAT and hadn't even thought of it until now!

purchase.PNG

By the way, on a side note, the tracking says that my parcel was in the UK (Oldbury - a stone's throw from me) and then got sent to Belgium, only for it to be delivered back to the Midlands, UK. Madness:

tracking.PNG

EDIT: I guess the customs clearance might not have included the parcel itself, even though the wording suggests that.

EDIT EDIT: The below is still on the Lego website. Surely this should have been updated or it will cover us?:

VAT.PNG.aac6719e49b17cd96557f93bbdf92c4a.PNG

Edited by leafan

46 minutes ago, leafan said:

@BacktoBricks So, you're telling me that I'm going to *really* regret buying those impulse minifigures? No mention of VAT and hadn't even thought of it until now!

By the way, on a side note, the tracking says that my parcel was in the UK (Oldbury - a stone's throw from me) and then got sent to Belgium, only for it to be delivered back to the Midlands, UK. Madness:

EDIT: I guess the customs clearance might not have included the parcel itself, even though the wording suggests that.

EDIT EDIT: The below is still on the Lego website. Surely this should have been updated or it will cover us?:

Well potentially you may regret adding the figures, but that's what I'm trying to find out. 

Yeah the tracking is confusing at first glance. Having placed many orders with S@H over the years I can say that the tracking changed recently to include the Oldbury reference. Although it says Parcel this undoubtedly seems to just be when info is sent to the UK to say the parcel is coming - if you follow the tracking on DPD website, they don't even have the parcel at this point.

As for the notice on the Lego website, I'm afraid I don't trust it as it goes against everything I've read. If Lego was shipping the parcels to us from UK warehouses then the items would already be in the country and customs would be nothing to do with us, but they're not and are still shipping from Belgium. They wouldn't be the first company to have a notice like this on their website only for customers to find out at their expense that the information is wrong. If it's true, then that's great, but I can't afford to chance it with a larger valued item.

I hope you don't get any extra charges. :)

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well potentially you may regret adding the figures, but that's what I'm trying to find out. 

Yeah the tracking is confusing at first glance. Having placed many orders with S@H over the years I can say that the tracking changed recently to include the Oldbury reference. Although it says Parcel this undoubtedly seems to just be when info is sent to the UK to say the parcel is coming - if you follow the tracking on DPD website, they don't even have the parcel at this point.

As for the notice on the Lego website, I'm afraid I don't trust it as it goes against everything I've read. If Lego was shipping the parcels to us from UK warehouses then the items would already be in the country and customs would be nothing to do with us, but they're not and are still shipping from Belgium. They wouldn't be the first company to have a notice like this on their website only for customers to find out at their expense that the information is wrong. If it's true, then that's great, but I can't afford to chance it with a larger valued item.

I hope you don't get any extra charges. :)

I guess we won't know until the things show up at your door. From reading about it, it sounds like the courier company passing charges on at the point of delivery.

If that happens and it's a significant charge, I'm simply going to refuse the delivery. I'll let you know.

@BacktoBricks It came this morning with no additional charges.

From what I've read online, any charges people incur are probably due to the seller not being aware of the customs changes since Brexit. I guess TLG has it's house in order when it comes to that.

50 minutes ago, leafan said:

From what I've read online, any charges people incur are probably due to the seller not being aware of the customs changes since Brexit. I guess TLG has it's house in order when it comes to that.

That's great. :thumbup: Thanks for letting me know. 

1 hour ago, leafan said:

That's good news, I bought exactly the same set on Monday! Mine's not due until Monday though because of my postcode :(

UK questions....

Batman Classic TV Batmobile 76188 is not listed at S @H GB as an exclusive yet I can't find it anywhere else. Has anyone found it in the UK anywhere but at LEGO itself, online or in-store? Does anyone know if Argos will have it?

On 7/29/2021 at 6:56 PM, AmperZand said:

UK questions....

Batman Classic TV Batmobile 76188 is not listed at S @H GB as an exclusive yet I can't find it anywhere else. Has anyone found it in the UK anywhere but at LEGO itself, online or in-store? Does anyone know if Argos will have it?

Not seen it any any other retailers sorry.