Sign in to follow this  
AndersI

Poor man's modular castle

During Christmas I played a little with a modular Castle in 'stickfig' scale, that's about half of a minifig scaled castle. I don't have parts enough to build a minifig scaled castle, but I still wanted to have something a bit more than an entrance portal...

ssa52739.jpg

ssa52740.jpg

So, I can't man the castle with minifigs, but have to build 'stickfigs' instead (NOTE: Anyone calling the castle lord's horse a 'camel' will get whacked!).

ssa52743.jpg

ssa52745.jpg

Full brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=361087

This is just great, I love it. This proof castles don't have to be huge to be great. This modular castle is very lovely, it has almost something cute. The mini horses are also very refreshing. Nice work, I would love to see more of these things!

:sweet:

Nice...especially the camel. :tongue:

What´s the arch at the side of the rised baseplate supposed to be?

I agree that this castle is very cute! :wink: That scale is pretty good for someone who doesn't have that many bricks - you can save pieces yet create something very extensive.

I reckon those birds atop the tower must be enormous in comparison to the people living there. Maybe they're some sort of royal flying steeds, like the eagles in LotR?

Not bad, not bad at all! You've done a nice job building this. :thumbup:

Although, I think the wooden roof (stables I guess) is quite large if you see the castle.

And what Sandy just said: the birds are huge as well.

But it's still a nice creation!

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

That's a very nice little castle, and I like the concept of "stickfig" very much. I would, however, like to know why the guards' spears are clear, and the only recommendation I have is to change them. The large wooden structure that appears to be a stable looks very nice too.

Also, I really like the donkey in the rear of the column and the royal camel

P.S.- you have to know that if you specify someone to not do something, it automatically gives them the idea of doing it. :classic:

Thanks all for the comments!

The arch on the side of the baseplate is an addition by my daughter Jenny (9). I didn't agree with it, but she can be very persuading, so it had to remain during photography.

Same with the birds, although it's quite possible to imagine very large birds in a fantasy theme. They're almost dragon-size for a stickfig.

I don't think the stable is oversized. Horses are larger than men, and such a castle would probably need even more horses (and donkeys).

*Clear* spears? I don't see any clear spears? They're silver harpoons from the old Aqua Raiders. Or did you mean they should be brown and rusty? Not with this castle lord, he's very picky about keeping your weapon nice and tidy (besides, I don't have any other spears).

Plus points go to Francis Marion for noting the donkey (with a kid on the back)!

Slaps to Dennimator and Francis Marion for calling my camel a horse. Err... I mean...?

Anyway, when it was built I wanted to put it in a nativity scene instead, but Jenny wasn't interested and so it stayed in the castle scene.

Wow, great work Anders.

That castle is so classic in it's appearance, that it's almost minifig scale.

Just think of some classic castle sets like the blacksmith.

:thumbup:

*Clear* spears? I don't see any clear spears? They're silver harpoons from the old Aqua Raiders. Or did you mean they should be brown and rusty? Not with this castle lord, he's very picky about keeping your weapon nice and tidy (besides, I don't have any other spears).

Very sorry about that, I didn't see them correctly :sceptic: , and I was thinking of recommending the silver spears, which is a tad funny/ironic.

This is so awesome. Not only is the scale great, but the figures look better then a lot of the others I've seen. The idea is fantastic and so well pulled off. And the trees are finally the right size. This is really really great!