Sign in to follow this  
woody64

Big French/British Army

In the pics it shows "only" 585 soldiers, maybe the pics on BS show the rest. Very impresive army, great find.

Seems some of the "governors" have a pirate torso, and not every minifig has red epaulettes.

Edited by Fluyt

In the pics it shows "only" 585 soldiers, maybe the pics on BS show the rest. Very impresive army, great find.

Seems some of the "governors" have a pirate torso, and not every minifig has red epaulettes.

That caught my eye as well, seeing this i'm afraid the seller is a fraud.

That caught my eye as well, seeing this i'm afraid the seller is a fraud.

No this army is not intended to be sold. The owner asked for some of my creations and provided me with the pictures of his army and gave me the allowance to publish it.

But before seeing the pictures I couldn't believe the number of 1500 minifigs ....

Here are some other previews:

bild_016_2.jpg_thumb.jpgbild_017_2.jpg_thumb.jpgschlachtfeld_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

bild_015_2.jpg_thumb.jpgbild_018_2.jpg_thumb.jpgbild_021_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

andreas

Edited by woody64

His army looks great, is he going to join the Forum? I especially like the way he made the bayonet's, what is that piece from or is it custom made?

His army looks great, is he going to join the Forum? I especially like the way he made the bayonet's, what is that piece from or is it custom made?

For so far I know it's custom made. I've never seen bayonets before and I know almost every brick.

Especially bayonets wouldn't escape my eye if they were for sale somewhere.

Back to the army:

HUUUUUGE!

For so far I know it's custom made. I've never seen bayonets before and I know almost every brick.

To my knowledge they are from playmobil ...

Andreas

Yes they look exactly the same as the playmobil ones.

Nice army anyway :pir-oh: , I really doubt mine will be as large as that one...ever... :thumbup: .

humana humana humana *faints*. SWEET MOTHER MOLASSES!!!!!! Thats a huge army especially with the custom bayonets and drums. of course I prefer redcoats so cant buy this. but still this would be a life long creation why would he (or she) sell it?

Hes so Lucky :pir-look: I only have 9 French soldiers,1 old Spanish soldier and 3 new Spanish soilders. :pir-grin:

Is the Spanish army vs the Pirates lego did not use any french army and real life the ones arround the caribbean were Spanish and Pirates ( which were from some countries and non a specificated one ) :pir-tongue:

Hello Eurobrickers,

I am the owner of the big armies.

@ Fluyt: Yes, on the big picture are "only" 585 Soldiers. In the middle block the third line soldiers have blue epauletts. This should be sharpshooters. I read in a book some of them had blue ones. The number of 1500 meant my 1500 shako hats i have. The big french army i also have as a redcoats army (585 soldiers) with blue epauletts. I tried to make more different units with existing torsos. For example i made with the old firemen a batallion english artillerymen. They have also the shako hat.

@ all: Yes i took the playmobil bajonetts for my creation. After a long search i found them. They are too big a little, but better than actually none... So i am looking forward for woody64 bajonetts and his other creations.

Stefan

I want to rebuild a scene from waterloo. Maybe the fight around the La Haye Saint. So i also want to add the original flags on it. At the moment i am thinking about create my own figures (decals on torsos) because the original Lego soldiers don't look like the 1815 soldiers example "the coldstream guards". Now woody64 produces hats from the napoleonic era, comes to me very much conveniently. So i am able to creat different units.

For torso's you could take a look at our library where we have a large collection.

It would be great if you could reproduce a scene for Waterloo with Lego and take pictures. Annually I'm visiting the Waterloo battlefield. Have you been there already? You feel very much connected with the history of that place when you walk over the fields to La Haye Saint and Hougoumont.

Flags are available on this website. They are the right size for minifigs, so no need te resize.

Wow, what an incredible army! 24 regular soldiers per baseplate! How long has it taken you to amass such a great amount of soldiers like this?

Unfortunately, I was not yet on the battlefield. But i want to go there. Maybe this year.

Thanks for the links. Very useful. Is there also a thread with a manual for the Decals? Which accessories i need... I didn't do it before.

@ ImperialScouts: I think i collect this soldiers since 3-4 years. I didn't count a long time. I think i've got now 1700 soldiers. 1000 french, 700 redcoats. I could have more if the quality would be better. If i buy on Ebay for example 50% are bad. The colors of the original print are also often shifted. I only take very good torsos.

I think i collect this soldiers since 3-4 years. I didn't count a long time. I think i've got now 1700 soldiers. 1000 french, 700 redcoats. I could have more if the quality would be better. If i buy on Ebay for example 50% are bad. The colors of the original print are also often shifted. I only take very good torsos.

This is truly an amazing army you have here :thumbup: , and many (me included) are at least a bit jealous of you!

Do you plan to make other battlefields with all of them or are you mainly armybuilding?

At the moment only armybuilding. My daughter (1.5 years) takes up my whole time ;-)

In theory I can rebuild almost everything.

Why do you ask for? Special wishes?

Maily because out of interest.

And I think building La Haye Saint would be amazing, I am really looking forward to the first builder that makes something on a large enough scale to look realistic. With so many soldiers that shouldn't be a problem.

But of course I understand children take a lot of time, so I'm not trying to push anything here. I'm just saying it would be nice :pir-wink::pir-grin: .

Maily because out of interest.

And I think building La Haye Saint would be amazing, I am really looking forward to the first builder that makes something on a large enough scale to look realistic. With so many soldiers that shouldn't be a problem.

But of course I understand children take a lot of time, so I'm not trying to push anything here. I'm just saying it would be nice :pir-wink::pir-grin: .

Concerning painting there's a tutorial in the library.

I've searched for some advises concerning the usage of waterslide decals but I haven't found one. But this schould help:

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/howto/897

and this

http://www.fineclonier.com/Decal_Application.pdf

http://www.fineclonier.com/Minifig_Customi...Application.pdf

http://www.fineclonier.com/101_09_The_Review.pdf

Andreas

Edited by woody64