woodhouse8hn.jpg

Admiral Woodhouse

roger9jn.jpg

Captain Roger / Red Beard

ironhook5ih.jpg

Captain Ironhook

kahuka7oe.jpg

King Kahuka

(all minifigs come from my collection except for Kahuka whom I don't own so I scanned his image from 1994 catalogue)

The base for your choice may be anything you want - which of them is the most good-looking, has the best ship, is in the best sets and so on.

Yeah, much as I'd like to be an iconoclast, it's hard to argue with Redbeard. He's a classic, one of the most iconic lego minifigs (not to mention all the now-classic pieces he introduced: the peg leg, the pirate's hat, the hook).... so I had to cast my vote for him.

Second choice would be Broadside, for the underdog value. Poor second fiddle Broadside.... what kid would want to root for the Imperials?

The Inquistion is insulted! Why do we need get a mention in this poll? Is it because our names were too hard to spell so LEGO never publicized them?

Note that this poll is about favourite character, not favourite subtheme. And by characters I mean those who have names and can be considered as individuals, not just some anonymous sailors. I love the Spaniards myself, they just didn't fit into this poll.

I vote for Broadside. This choice is caused a bit by nostalgia - I remember when I was a kid and all my friends had one or more Rogers and I was the only one who had Broadside and I was quite proud of it. That was of course because he was so rare - he appeared only in 2 sets. So he was considered exclusive - unlike Roger who was almost everywhere. I got the first one with the Carribean Clipper and I still have him - I played with him so much that he's totally worn out - the buttons on his uniform no longer exist and his hat easily falls off his head. And only about half a year ago I got an Eldorado Fortress with Broadside looking good as new.

Where's Bo'Sun Will? He's been my favourite character from the beginning! He even had his own activity book. What other mini-figure has their own activity book!!!

Why does he need to be a captain? The title of the thread is Your favourite character from the Pirate line not Your favourite commander from the Pirate line.

Why does he need to be a captain? The title of the thread is Your favourite character from the Pirate line not Your favourite commander from the Pirate line.

Yes, but the subtitle says: 'of those who were in command' ;) .

Yes it was here all the time all right. :) I even don't know if I as the topic founder can change the title / subtitle :)

Yes it was here all the time all right. :) I even don't know if I as the topic founder can change the title / subtitle :)

Ahhhhhhh... But I can! However, why would you need to if you're only looking for responses in regards to mini-figures in command?

But I don't want to change anything, the subtitle should remain. :) What I meant is I couldn't have added it before and that's why it was here since the very beginning.

Govenor Broadside, gets my vote for best character (I'm the only person I know who always roted for the soldiers...) though Will would push him pretty close.

Red Beard is the coolest fig and an all time lego classic, but he is just so evil - look in his eyes :-D!

God Bless,

Nathan

And I'm pleased to see He has now taken the lead :)

God Bless,

Nathan

Yeah! Go Gov!

Red Beard was just so popular that seeing him in almost every set started getting boring. But of course he does look great and if you have a few Red Beards it's great fun combining his body parts with other minifigs *capn*

I agree about the Redbeard/Roger abundance. Like King Kahuka he was in just too many sets.

I do admit I have a soft spot for Governor Broadside. I was kinda sad to see the blue coats get phased out by the red ones - even if the red ones look better.

But then there's Captain Ironhook...

I was kinda sad to see the blue coats get phased out by the red ones - even if the red ones look better.

!!!!!! Prepare for boarding! Govenor Broadside will avenge this insolence!

God Bless,

Nathan