Oky

Star Wars

5 hours ago, Oky said:

Man, so much negativity in this thread. I'm with @zoth33. The trailer looks pretty good, although I have to admit that the use of my two favorite Star Wars scores may be swaying my opinion, even though they feel almost too epic for a series like this. Sure, having the Empire find out about Kenobi or even Luke being on Tatooine could mess with canon quite a bit, but they might have a good explanation for that. Maybe the reason Kenobi goes off-world is to lead the Inquisitors away from Luke. And while having the Inquisitors from Rebels whose fates we already know might take away some of the tension, it also means that Obi-Wan won't do anything too crazy/risky like killing an Inquisitor. Heck, he might not even meet Vader and we will only see Anakin in flashbacks. I for one am just happy for more Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and will keep an open mind by not judging an entire series based on one short trailer. I do hope that they don't ruin Obi-Wan like they did with Boba though.

I don't think Vader and Obi-wan meet at all in this show.  Vader is in it because people love Vader.  I think people are over analyzing this.  No one said Vader and Obi-wan are fighting in this show.  We just know that Hayden is in it as Vader, we don't know how much he is in it or where he will be.  Trailers are always cut to make you think certain ways.  People get all bent out of shape for nothing.  Wait till the series comes out and then we can judge.  It's just like the Rings of Power on Amazon coming later this year there is a lot of problems with it aesthetically and lore wise but I will still see it to make my own judgement.  If the Rings of Power sucks then they have only theirselves to blame and will definitely lose a lot of fans.  But this trailer has so much more to it than the Rings of Power trailer.  At least with this we have an idea of what they are going for and a taste of the story they want to tell.  

Kathleen Kennedy said it'd be "the rematch of the century"

Ewan McGregor said he and Hayden would "have another swing at each other".

If that's a misdirection or they'll actually fight in a Clone Wars flashback, ok. But that's what they said.

With a property like Star Wars, you need people at the top who know what they're doing or what they want to do even if they're not the creators on the ground. Seeing that the people at the top were content to put out the sequel trilogy, and the three live actions shows thus far, yeah I have real grounded reasons for being worried. Mando S1 was ok but it was structurally a complete wreck, and it got progressively worse with S2 and Book of Boba Fett. I know those were all the same creative teams and this isn't, but it speaks volumes that the people at the top haven't a clue. I hope to be proven wrong, but it's not like I'm being negative for negativity's sake, for my own part. I can't speak for anyone else.

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Ewan McGregor said he and Hayden would "have another swing at each other".

If that's a misdirection or they'll actually fight in a Clone Wars flashback, ok. But that's what they said.

With a property like Star Wars, you need people at the top who know what they're doing or what they want to do even if they're not the creators on the ground. Seeing that the people at the top were content to put out the sequel trilogy, and the three live actions shows thus far, yeah I have real grounded reasons for being worried. Mando S1 was ok but it was structurally a complete wreck, and it got progressively worse with S2 and Book of Boba Fett. I know those were all the same creative teams and this isn't, but it speaks volumes that the people at the top haven't a clue. I hope to be proven wrong, but it's not like I'm being negative for negativity's sake, for my own part. I can't speak for anyone else.

Ok but people say things like this and it turns out differently all the time.  And sometimes they are told to say things.  But as you said this would not make much sense for them to do this as this does not happen unless they are going to explain these major plot holes somehow.  When they start changing the lore then things go in the crapper in my opinion.  

But this seems to be everything nowadays like the Wheel of time, Rings of Power, the Witcher.  With all of those they have changed major plots and even changed characters lore and have gotten some severe backlash in some instances like WOT and Rings of Power.  Especially when they change to much people just get frustrated and wonder why they can't just tell the story the way it is with some minor changes for adapting it to the big screen.  

16 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I don't think Vader and Obi-wan meet at all in this show.  Vader is in it because people love Vader.  I think people are over analyzing this.  No one said Vader and Obi-wan are fighting in this show.  We just know that Hayden is in it as Vader, we don't know how much he is in it or where he will be.  Trailers are always cut to make you think certain ways.  People get all bent out of shape for nothing.  Wait till the series comes out and then we can judge.  

Precisely why I avoid all Star Wars trailers. They get over analysed, fans expect certain things to happen and then get disappointed when they don't.

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Could still be Maul

22 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Precisely why I avoid all Star Wars trailers. They get over analysed, fans expect certain things to happen and then get disappointed when they don't.

Could still be Maul

Hello there. But this time Kenobi has the high ground, and is the bold one, but still isn’t brave enough for politics, but has another happy landing, but then shows visible confusion, but then the negotiations will be quite short, but he’s always on the move, and then will say good job.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:38 PM, SquirrelArmy said:

Could still be Maul

Wasn't Maul killed in rebels?

Yes, but Rebels takes place after Obi-Wan Kenobi, so technically it could happen.
I don't think that is the 'rematch of the century', though. That title seems more suitable for a duel with Darth Vader, in my opinion.

Regards,
Mitch 

James Earl Jones has retired as the voice of Darth Vader. A.I. will be taking over the role from here on out. This makes Vader "more machine than man now." :tongue:

Didn't they use some kind of technology to digitally alter his voice in Obi-Wan Kenobi to make it sound like the OT? They should go back and do that for his voice in Rogue One cos it's really easy to hear his older age in his voice there. Although that would mean it'd have to be re-released.

I get why they are doing things like AI voice and digital altering the age of an actor. But i hope they don't overdo it in the future. I mean, will half of the cast of future projects in 10, 20 or 30 years be AI/CGI versions of favorite fan characters?

There will be a point in time when they have to let go of the old characters and tell new stories :shrug_confused:

Digital alteration of actors' appearance should be limited to only necessary cases, like if they cast someone old(er) and they do a flashback to their younger self and need to make them look younger, or if they make a movie with a familiar character portrayed by an actor who has since passed away, like Tarkin in Rogue One.

I'm not a fan of the thought of using CGI to recreate dead actors to fill roles in new movies.
I assume you may have heard the rumors of doing this with James Dean to make his "4th movie" or whatever, which is a foolish reasoning because the actor is dead, so no matter how good the CGI would look, it's never going to be HIM in the role, just a CGI rendering that looks and sounds incredibly realistic.

No, cast new actors, it's better to let new people get a chance than reusing by CGI old/dead actors just because.