Magnus the Great

Yea from what I read Crusader's printing fades real bad. =(. Makes me hesitant to buy more. Next purchases will be Shadow Knights, Black Falcons, and Vikings though. Going to try to bulk up my armies in rotation based on who has the least minfigures.

Those conquistadores are awesome. And nice idea with the Fright Knights shields for a vampire army. Are they all vampires or just the Baron? I was thinking of doing something like that. buy the CM vampire and use him as Fright Knights leader. Or no vampires and just make them bloodthirsty barbarians, just given some vampireish qualities.

And another smallish army. My Dark Forestmen.

ziljin

Thank you. They are all humans, even Count Bricula. The vampire part is merely inspiration.

As far as I know crusaders & classic castle are a waste of money when it comes to torsos. Prints & stickers aren't good enough.

Seems lika a good idea to rotate. I'm building 20+ factions & guilds at the same time. Had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

Nice dark forestmen-unit. There's one minifig I completely forgot. Need to fix that.

Magnus the Great

Thanks. You, de Gothia and Khorne are really inspiring me with these awesome armies. I might have to do something similar. I won't be doing full on customization but I was already planning on making super factions. Like elves once I get some, forestmen, dark forestmen and maybe wolfpack together as different armies led by warlords of some Forest kingdom. Although that name could use some work. Although they will mostly be clones. That might a problem in terms of making the leader distinguishing.

Mythos

The studs on the round plates are great shields!

EDIT: ugh youtube says upload failed.

Edited by ziljin

Mythos

The studs on the round plates are great shields!

My 5 man Viking army. Should grow in a few months

Thank you, he was trying to figure out a cheap buckler type shield for them and came up with this idea (though not original I believe).

also your video says not available.

Edited by Mythos

Well people wanted to see some of my husbands armies so here we go:

Scythians:

more pics of this army here:

Greeks:

more pics of army here:

Crusaders:

More pics seen here:

theres quite a few more but don't want to overwhelm people.

Oh my! That's A LOT of soldiers your husband got there *oh2* . Do you have any close-ups of how the Scythian chariots are built?

Thanks. You, de Gothia and Khorne are really inspiring me with these awesome armies. I might have to do something similar. I won't be doing full on customization but I was already planning on making super factions. Like elves once I get some, forestmen, dark forestmen and maybe wolfpack together as different armies led by warlords of some Forest kingdom. Although that name could use some work. Although they will mostly be clones. That might a problem in terms of making the leader distinguishing.

I'm glad I could inspire you, even though I'm not much of an army builder myself :tongue: . I ought to take some pictures of the different armies I have. Boy, do they look insignificant compared to most of the armies here :blush: .

Oh my! That's A LOT of soldiers your husband got there *oh2* . Do you have any close-ups of how the Scythian chariots are built?

heres a couple pics of them:

chariots.jpg

chariots_2.jpg

Mythos

Those chariots are so simple yet awesome. I have quite a mount of the round bricks so I will copy the same. for my prison carriage rescues.

Khorne

Yes definitely upload your armies! Well those pictures look pretty awesome as they are. I am sure your minfigiures look even more awesome in greater numbers.

Fixed link

My 5 man Viking army. Should grow in a few months

Mythos

Those chariots are so simple yet awesome. I have quite a mount of the round bricks so I will copy the same. for my prison carriage rescues.

yeah my husband does try to keep most of his designs simple and he easy so he can mass produce them if need be at minimal expense, in fact hes thinking of making more.

yeah my husband does try to keep most of his designs simple and he easy so he can mass produce them if need be at minimal expense, in fact hes thinking of making more.

Very nice. I have like 20 of those wheels I think so I have plenty of wheels to make chariots. And all those saddleless horses. Maybe I should use it for my "barbarian" armies such as bull knights since they don't have horse barding.

Well... who has the biggest wallet will have the biggest army, isn't it so?

I've seen in classic-castles "battle contest" smaller armies but with much more interesting pictures...

I do not know, I am trying to see why anyone would be proud about how much money he can put aside for minifigs and accessories. There is not a single creative thing in it, and there how we are missing the essence of Lego :)

I've seen in classic-castles "battle contest" smaller armies but with much more interesting pictures...

I do not know, I am trying to see why anyone would be proud about how much money he can put aside for minifigs and accessories. There is not a single creative thing in it, and there how we are missing the essence of Lego :)

Well not everyone understands army building.

For some people, seeing huge masses of troops is amazing. Yea those people who make amazing mocs and whatnot are greatly talented. But for me, I just like seeing huge numbers of troops. Probably because I played too many RTS games like Medieval 2 Total War! Huge bodies of clone armies!

I always wanted to get into collecting Warhammer or Stikfa armies. Warhammer for the incredible detail and some level of customization, yet it requires glue and paint. Stikfa has ultimate customization yet incredibly expensive for one mere figure and barely any details. To me, lego represents a nice mix between the two in terms of price (although some minfigures are expensive as stikfas or metal miniatures or even more!), customiztion, and detail.

And my Morcian Army (did Lego ever give an official name to the faction?)

If I get more I might split them into different factions based on their color (simple names like Bear Knights for the Bear knight =D, unicorn, etc.)

And my Morcian Army (did Lego ever give an official name to the faction?)

Knights Kingdom was the official name, I believe - but they were of course of the Kingdom of Morcia. Obviously the fans have dubbed it Knights Kingdom II - and nicknamed them as the Jelly Bean knights or Power Rangers.

It seemed fairly pointless to give them a name collectively as each figure was given a name initially, until the hero knights vs rogue knights era.

So you have Vladek & his Shadow Knights, Dracus, Karzon & their Rogue Knights up against King Mathias, Jayko, Santis, Rascus & Danju, and Kentis, Adric & their Hero Knights.

Knights Kingdom was the official name, I believe - but they were of course of the Kingdom of Morcia. Obviously the fans have dubbed it Knights Kingdom II - and nicknamed them as the Jelly Bean knights or Power Rangers.

It seemed fairly pointless to give them a name collectively as each figure was given a name initially, until the hero knights vs rogue knights era.

So you have Vladek & his Shadow Knights, Dracus, Karzon & their Rogue Knights up against King Mathias, Jayko, Santis, Rascus & Danju, and Kentis, Adric & their Hero Knights.

Hm. Well I already use the Shadow Knight name for my Vladeks and Shadow knights(Vladeks = knights, the shadow knights = infantrymen). I guess later one when I get more Jaykos and etc I will just use their shield animal symbol. Turn them into Bear/Unicorn/Wolf/etc knights. Like the Manga/Anime Berserk. All of those knights were named after animals it was cool.

EDIT: Also I did not know Knight's Kingdom II was a fan name. Wow. I thought that was the official name. Interesting. They reused the name but completely revamped the content.

Edited by ziljin

Yes, the one with the biggest wallet can build the biggest army, the biggest moc, or the biggest red castle. Ironically, your comment is the opposite of the essence of Lego. Leg godt, or play-well in english. Who are you to decide how to play with Lego? I do not want play by your rules, standards, philosophy, morals, or level. It's no fun for me. I for one want to see how other equip, group, mix & balance their factions. Therein is my pleasure. It is linked to what I do. I'm building a minifig aristocracy. I want to create a map like Khorne and a background story like ziljin.

The title says "Post Your Castle Army Here". It gives a fairly wide interpretation. Nothing about size, nothing about budget, nothing about creativity. Of course, armies that departs from Lego's original design is for me the most interesting, but I still find a default, purist army fascinating, whether it is size or how it is balanced. Lego has more than one perspective.

I hate to say it, but size doesn't matter. At least in lego army building. Sure, a large real army would be beneficial just due to sheer numbers, but a small group of well trained warriors could defeat much larger less weaponed/trained armies.

But yes, the most money could build the biggest army, but like stated above, the biggest army isn't necessarily the best.

Plus, Magnus the Great shows wonderful little factions that are more interesting than one large group of clones. Although I do like seeing that large group of clones also for the "wow" factor!

Seeing both kinds of armies are great. They each have their own appeal.

Here is my humble Black Falcons army of 3 minifgures. I was going to wait until I made like 6 or so videos of my tiny armies to post it here but the Hurricane Irene is heading my way so I made the video might as well post it.

If I can I might squeeze in a video tomorrow but after that probably utility disruptions so no new army videos from me for a few days probably.

Seeing both kinds of armies are great. They each have their own appeal.

Here is my humble Black Falcons army of 3 minifgures. I was going to wait until I made like 6 or so videos of my tiny armies to post it here but the Hurricane Irene is heading my way so I made the video might as well post it.

Well I can finally say I have ONE army larger than yours. But it won't last long I'm sure!

Well I can finally say I have ONE army larger than yours. But it won't last long I'm sure!

hahaha. Well next month I will get those 100 Vladek polybags and then as many evil dwarves and elves I can get. Probably get Black Falcons, Vikings, Fright Knights, or Bull Knights. One/two of those and there are other factions I could get that are low in numbers but I am currently interested in those four.

EDIT: Also I did not know Knight's Kingdom II was a fan name. Wow. I thought that was the official name. Interesting. They reused the name but completely revamped the content.

Same as the recent "Space Police" line, to AFOLs it was known as Space Police 3. "Fantasy Era" is a fan dubbed term too... the official name was "Castle"... the list goes on.

I have photographed all my castle Lego and my armies, I will upload the photos to post here if not this week then eventually, as things are going to be very busy for me for a month or so.

I have photographed all my castle Lego and my armies, I will upload the photos to post here if not this week then eventually, as things are going to be very busy for me for a month or so.

It's not nice to tease the AFOLs... :grin:

New army pics:

Updated Troll army, plus my Vikings (not all...am still missing some, will update when I find them all. LOL)

ArmyTrolls02.jpg

ArmyTrolls03.jpg

ArmyVikings01.jpg

ArmyVikings02.jpg

Edited by Ogre

Really nice troll and viking army Ogre!

Hm, I noticed you only have a handful of shields to equip your army. Is it because you just bought lots of loose minfigures? Or were the shields for the vikings not common in every set. Looks awesome either way. I am debating on if I should be getting more shields for my minfigures because they are quite pricy. ranging from 50 cents to 2 dollars each. Ridiculous.

Really nice troll and viking army Ogre!

Hm, I noticed you only have a handful of shields to equip your army. Is it because you just bought lots of loose minfigures? Or were the shields for the vikings not common in every set. Looks awesome either way. I am debating on if I should be getting more shields for my minfigures because they are quite pricy. ranging from 50 cents to 2 dollars each. Ridiculous.

Thank you. :classic:

Actually, I have many more shields for my vikings than are shown here...it's just that, at the time, I didn't bother applying the stickers to most of them and 'binned' most of the shield parts (along with the afore-mentioned 'missing' vikings). It's just a matter of finding all the parts, applying the stickers to the shields and then adding them to some of the more 'under-dressed' warriors. For the trolls, I just have 'that few', since the troll warrior impulse set didn't come with a shield and that's where most of my troll troops come from. :grin:

Edited by Ogre

Thank you. :classic:

Actually, I have many more shields for my vikings than are shown here...it's just that, at the time, I didn't bother applying the stickers to most of them and 'binned' most of the shield parts (along with the afore-mentioned 'missing' vikings). It's just a matter of finding all the parts, applying the stickers to the shields and then adding them to some of the more 'under-dressed' warriors. For the trolls, I just have 'that few', since the troll warrior impulse set didn't come with a shield and that's where most of my troll troops come from. :grin:

Viking shields are stickers? All of them beside the CMF one? That's lame if true.