Sign in to follow this  
Lord King of Everything

Greetings,..

Well this is the Lord King of Everything speaking,

This name might sound a bit arrogant, but that is how I always felt when playing with my Lego world. Having the power to terribly mutilate the entire poppulance, killing all the men (I had no children and only 2 or 3 women, who I never allowed to live in the first place) and raising them to live once more.

My supreme reign (shared with my brothers) lasted from when I was about 3 years old till my 14th year of life. At a dark day my father decided I was too old for lego and should start drinking and go out more. My lego cupboard became a coffin and a lid was nailed on it. The coffin was locked away somewhere in the back of my brothers room.

Fast forward in time... (about 6-7 years)

So my girlfriend asked one beautiful day what I would want for my birthday. I really couldn't think of anything. Then I remembered the feeling of when I was a kid, when each present I got was always lego and what a great thrill it always gave when I opened the wrapping paper and tried to rip apart the box as fast as possible to get to the shiny new and unchewed content. So I said to her, I want a lego castle for my brithday (having no idea in what kind of sad state lego castle was at that time). She looked at me weird, but then again I ask weird stuff all the time :tongue: .

She bought the castle of Morcia for me and well when I teared apart the wrapping paper I was filled with such an awsome nostalgic and semisad/semihappy feeling, I knew i had to have more of that. The castle wasn't great, however I did have fun with the combination of those hippie knights and 'poisonous' scorpions.

My next birthday i asked for another castle and got the Kings castle siege, I loved this and made my girlfriend to buy more for me and bought castle lego myself too. In august I finished my study and I am now looking for a job so have unlimited time at my hands. I decided to open the old coffin. I was quite shocked at the state of it all. After spending two weeks washing everything, I was still left with a huge pile of yellowed lego full of toothmarks and faded prints. After this it became clear i could never be as tirannous to those poor legomen as I was when I was a kid, I am giving them a nice peaceful retirement in my display cabinet (and maybe sell the really abused ones as used lego on some auction site :grin: )

I decided to look on the internet if those old sets still existed and came along this really nice site. I lurked it for a while and decided to join in, I'll keep on lurking but will post some stuff too.

hello and welcome OHHH great king :P

I always felt the same while playing lego... XD

Welcome King of Everything! :sweet:

That's a nice story. It nearly made me cry. :cry_happy:

If my parents would ever try and lock my lego up, they wouldn't get away with it! :devil:

I hope you have a nice time here.

Dr. Brick

Hi and welcome to our forum!

Nice to see that your girlfriend behaves as you want her to behave (i.e. buying LEGO castles for you)... well, you're a king. Disobeying your orders wouldn't be a good idea, would it? :wink:

Welcome to our forums! Enjoy yourself. :thumbup:

Hi there, Lord King of Everything, welcome to this forum. I hope you will enjoy yourself here !

PS: I really enjoyed your MOC for the Pillage the Village contest ! If that is the quality we can expect from you in your MOCs, then I am already looking forward for your next MOC postings.

And yes, your name is cool :wink: .

Welcome, and with such a fantastic introduction I'm sure you'll fit in just pefectly around here.

Wow, that was a great introductory narrative! Your username and humorous thoughts on toys reminded me of this little jem: http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/universe.htm It's all pretty funny, but skip to the second to last paragraph on that page, and the first paragraph on this page: http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/2.htm for the bits relavent to your p.o.v.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

A belated welcome is in order. So welcome to EuroBricks one of the finest.

Nice story! But I think you will soon realize that I am the TRUE KING OF EUROBRICKS! :tongue:

Welcome to eurobricks!

Hello Lord King of Everything! I hope you enjoy the forums. You will see me in the Pirates forum most likely. If you have a question, PM me. Remember to resize your pictures! :pir-tongue: (Everyone forgets!)

Edited by Thomas B.