Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=156078

PRETTY.

Damn I want that Slave 1. BTW if someone wants the body from the Cloud City crewman, we can do a trade.

I'll want his head and hands. But the body is up for grabs!!!

AND it looks like IG-88's head is on with a silver Doc Oc Claw.

I'd be happy to trade it with you (depending on what you want to trade it for of course...) :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=156078

PRETTY.

Damn I want that Slave 1.  BTW if someone wants the body from the Cloud City crewman, we can do a trade.

I'll want his head and hands.  But the body is up for grabs!!!

AND it looks like IG-88's head is on with a silver Doc Oc Claw.

I'd be happy to trade it with you (depending on what you want to trade it for of course...) :)

Caribbean Clipper MISB.

But seriously when its out, PM me.

Matt

IG-88 will go into the Sandcrawler, Slave I and the guard onto the CC landing platform. Dengar will man the Desert Skiff when the Barge hits the shelves *knight*

Is it just me or do the dengar and ig88 figs really suck?? i mean come on lego why the hell have you put a ninja mask on dengar?? and did you even think about a new mold for ig's head??

Of course the bespin guard is great and the slave 1 itself is beautiful, but i just cant help but feel disapointed at what could of been a fantastic set if the figs had of been better.

I agree. I never liked those clone robot bodies. They are not even real figs. Always annoyingly bend over.

For me the worst droids that lego made were the super battle droids, there arms are the worst part they just dont look right now if they had just bent them alittle like the other droids that would of looked alot better.

Another question but isnt dengars legs and armor grey in the films??

Sorry, I don't really remember Dengar's looks from the movie. He just appeared for the blink of an eye in that Star Destroyer bridge scene, didn't he? I didn't even know he wore an armour. "lol"

Wasn't he more of a Nomad-headscarf type of character?

For me the worst droids that lego made were the super battle droids, there arms are the worst part they just dont look right now if they had just bent them alittle like the other droids that would of looked alot better.

The parts on the super battle droids broke easily. I broke 2 legs and 2 arms so im left with no full super battle broid :(

Sorry, I don't really remember Dengar's looks from the movie. He just appeared for the blink of an eye in that Star Destroyer bridge scene, didn't he? I didn't even know he wore an armour. "lol"

Wasn't he more of a Nomad-headscarf type of character?

Ya... but Lego's is way too dark and incorrectly colored.

Hopefully it'll change.

Dengar-com.gifslave6.jpg

I think IG-88 comes off rather nicely.

For me both ig and dengars head pieces are just wrong, lego ticks me off at times i mean one moment they give us ships and figs that are great and then the next they turn out bits like these that just looks like theyve been thrown together.

Huh, funny, I love IG-88! I love the simplicity of him, and the neat shiny gunmetal grey color. To me he totally evokes the character.... though I do intend to take the great suggestion that someone made a few months ago (can't remember who, sorry!) and sling a little Technic rubberband over his shoulder as an ammo belt.

Dengar I could take or leave. He's not great, but he's not terrible. Just kinda bland.

I thought someone said they were discontinued from the Ultimate Space Battle, but in the newest magazing I got, on the back cover it shows it, including the original Red JSF...and even mentions it in the poduct description. I would scan it...but it's not up and running at the moment. Anyone know if it being discontinued was just a rumor?

It was definitely discontinued, and has been replaced by the V-Wing Space Battle Collection. It's the same except it has a V-Wing instead of the red JSF, and only has one Vulture Droid and Buzz Droid.

i have now ordered this set on ebay :) but does any body know the real reason this set was discontinued and will we see obi wan's star fighter in another set or on it's own. a lot of people will miss out if not.

yoda told me yesterday that the Space Battle was discontinued and i was also surprised. So the real story is the fact that it's going to be replaced by this second version with a v-wing. good thinking, TLC!

i have a commercial theory about this:

1) people who really wanted the red jsf have already bought the set. after all, if you wanted a yellow and a red jsf and all the other sw sets , then it was simply smarter to buy the ultimate space battle set, then all the different sets plus this battle set...

2) lego used the red jsf to get people into buying the space battle set, i'll assume profits are higher for this large set, costs are lower, because all the other sets were already in production for seperate sets anyway, but that only works for a limited time. i mean, if you've taken the entire year to buy all sw sets, why would want to buy an extra large set for just this red jsf?

3) it's more expensive to produce the red jsf than the yellow jsf, you're not producing as many reds as yellows, so the sooner you can close the line, the better in terms of production costs...

4) however, if you already have large production runs of the yellow jsf, thri fighter, droid,... then why not continue the battle set with a new set, like the v wing? it won't sell as good as the first battle set, but it's still an interesting option for some people...

This set has always been a strategy to make more money, without having to spend very much... they've obviously concluded this formula is a success....

Sne, its already on SAH US.

That crap is only the combination of 3 sets including the Vwing (like TLC did with the battle of Yavin "collection").

What stupid decision really !!!!

Here.

All 5 of the new sets are released and ready to ship to the USA. but not to Europe, unfortunate for all the European fans.

~~END~~

Um, you do realize those are from Starwars4J's review, don't you? ;)

Oh, and thanks for the link to the pictures, that Slave IV looks even more sweet! :oD

Even the alternate models don't look too bad...

~~END~~

Um, you do realize those are from Starwars4J's review, don't you? ;)

Oh, and thanks for the link to the pictures, that Slave IV looks even more sweet! :oD

Even the alternate models don't look too bad...

~~END~~

*shadowknight* Yeah,

I posted the link before he posted his review.