Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Metal Fence Techniques

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good metal fence techniques to me. I am talking about the aluminum ones with the criss-cross pattern, like this. I would be most grateful for some ideas. :sweet:

Well, it's knid of hard, but I have seen a piece like this in the eiffel tower set, lots actualy. You could also try some string or thread if you want. :wink:

I was thinking of this technique as well. I've only come up with 2 options (then again, I'm not very imaginative... :grin:) so far.

One being the use of the nets that are included in various sets (from memory a few Aqua sets and the soccer sets), they shouldn't be too pricey on Bricklink. (About 20 cents each.)

My second idea was the use of these parts. They may be a bit bulky, but at least they have the grille pattern.

~Peace

Thanks for the ideas so far, guys. ~VBBN~, what fence pieces are you talking about in the Eiffel Tower set?

Iamded, could you please provide a pic/ link to those nets? I don't know what those nets are. I only have two grille pieces like that, but good idea. :classic:

I would just use this and spray paint it.

linky that is stinky

That looks like the perfect solution! If only it wasn't so expensive...

The only idea that I have that hasn't been mentioned yet is getting a bunch of these nets and cutting off the corners so that you get new, smaller squares with a diagonal pattern instead of a grid. A little crude, but cheaper and more authentic than what cartoondude suggested. :wink:

I've been wondering how to make these fences too, for my 'Crime in the City'. A 'misterzumbi' on Brickshelf did this:

pict0138al.jpg

An idea I will eventually have to steal.

That does look great. I have always wanted to build a complex little city shot similar to this. Thanks for the find and as for a fence I am sorry I cannot help. If I think of anything I will post it. :sceptic:

Noddy used the net pieces to great effect here :classic:

I remember seeing that Biker MOC a while ago, but I think the nets don't look metal enough. Still great use of them though.

Nice find, Skinny Boy. How do you make it?

Hmm, not quite what I'm looking for, SlyOwl, but thanks anyway! :classic:

Nice find, Skinny Boy. How do you make it?

I don't quite know. I attemted to make it in LDD but it is so crappy, that i'll just use my own pieces. If I think I have gotten it, I will post a pic.

Jim,

Two useful parts that I am talking about are (already mentioned) this piece, and the piece from the eiffel tower set, found in this picture:

LINK

See them?

Jim,

Two useful parts that I am talking about are (already mentioned) this piece, and the piece from the eiffel tower set, found in this picture:

LINK

See them?

The pieces in the Effiel Tower set are the 1 brick high version of the other fence peice. The sports net pieces posted allready are fairly cheap in white.

Got the pictures.

Color differences are to show pieces.

>snip<

>snippity snip snip snip<

Thanks, Skelotic, I think I will use this technique if any other ones aren't suggested. :classic: