Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Baritones Discussion Thread

But that's how Mafia games are supposed to work most of the time. There isn't supposed to be instant voting. In my opinion the game could have still ran quickly without the ghost since the evidence against me was so obvious, but that's in the past. I'll admit it would probably go this slow even without the ghost role, since people have to be careful about who they kill.

I agree that there were too many clues pointing to you. I wanted to give something and thought I'd been more subtle. Last time I ran a game like this, I was too subtle. Still haven't found a balance. If it makes you feel any better, the night before you were convicted, the game's bodyguard decided to protect you because they thought you were innocent even after all the clues and you shooting Neal...

Yes, I agree that the day should be slower. I'm glad the ghost is gone, because now we can really see people use strategies...

I agree that there were too many clues pointing to you. I wanted to give something and thought I'd been more subtle. Last time I ran a game like this, I was too subtle. Still haven't found a balance. If it makes you feel any better, the night before you were convicted, the game's bodyguard decided to protect you because they thought you were innocent even after all the clues and you shooting Neal...

Yes, I agree that the day should be slower. I'm glad the ghost is gone, because now we can really see people use strategies...

Just a question if us baritones hadn't killed florence would someone else had been the ghost?

Just a question if us baritones hadn't killed florence would someone else had been the ghost?

No. Only Florence had the ability to be an investigator after being killed.

After all, it´s up to the players, if they want to believe the ghost. NOW they know that the ghost is an investigator and therefore has correct information. But they couldn´t possibly know this in the first place.

Maybe, if the ghost shall be kept in future games, it would be cool to give one Baritone (or whoever is the evil part) the ability to fool the ghost.

Same as with the bodyguard who can keep a citizen from being killed. It´s a chance to protect someone without knowing who is going to be killed. So the "Fooler" could say "I´m fooling the ghost to get wrong information about player XY if by chance the ghost is investigating player XY this night."

How about that?

Yes, it seems to be moving at the right pace, not slowly. When you have instant voting, the players aren't really thinking about who to kill, more just jumping on the bandwagon. Overall, I think you've run this very well, Hinckley. :thumbup:

DJ Force, I think that the "Fooler" idea is a very good one.

Edited by Adam

Just thought I'd drop my thoughts for you Savvy.

I've loved the game so far (reading it that is). Ritz, you're posts have been really funny to read. I'm sad I missed this...

The builds are wonderfully detailed and nice, did you have them before hand, or did you build them for this. I really like the opening of... Day 6 maybe, where the ratys are eating the first dead bodies.

I think the ghost was to much. I didn't really mind the pace of MC. I think that the godfather idea is really good though, it keeps up the killings! I think that would of been good enough to keep it fast.

That's all my thoughts, great work on hosting Hinck! You're also much less involved than Draggy, which is okay. Both styles work for me.

I've loved the game so far (reading it that is). Ritz, you're posts have been really funny to read. I'm sad I missed this...

Oh, I have to admit, it would have been tricky if you'd been involved too, Florence gets jealous. :wink:

I think that the godfather idea is really good though, it keeps up the killings! I think that would of been good enough to keep it fast.

If we'd had that in Mystery Castle, we would have won by day 6 or 7, since I would have taken over the killings after dealing with Lord Ash. :devil:

Oh no, I don't have any harsh feelings about the clues. Yes, they were a little bit too much in my opinion, but that's alright. Its also understandable why you would want to put more clues! I'm curious about why they would think I was innocent. Anyone want to come and tell me? *gets tackled by Florence... or somebody... Neal.. yes Neal*

The ghost was a plot device that had to be "believed" by the people in character, especially Florence's relatives. The rest of the people jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately I was the first one to go, once again because of the clues, and once again *pant* that's alright, but they found out you were correct. Now people had to believe you because you had proven to be correct already, so they would continue to follow you. Once again (slap me!) I praise you for finding out all three of us in a row, but once again (Haha!) I'm curious how you found out about Iris. I really thought I Scream Clone was doing a good job concealing himself.

As I have stated before [something new... NEW BRACKETS] I would have enjoyed the ghost being a one time thing. They would have to choose their revelation wisely, and in my case, DJ Force would have probably decided that it was obvious that it was me.

That concludes my post! Thank you, and goodnight America!

"You can see Russia from my house!" -Sarah Palin.. or an imitator

Edit: Well looks like it wasn't Sarah Palin who said tha.. whatever.

Edited by ptdapen

Agreed, picking out 3 Baritones in a row made the game become really quick and wiped out a lot of players. (3, actually :tongue: )

But on the other hand, if I had been wrong with my suspicions, I wouldn´t have had the chance to blurt out the names of the ones to kill, but the ones NOT to kill.

If the citizens would have decided to condemn another innocent citizen, the ghost would have had the chance to give inside information and save the innocent one from being condemned.

So there are always two sides of the story.

(OOC: I called you all Shirley, whatcha gonna do about it? :tongue:)

Still out of Castle :tongue:

The builds are wonderfully detailed and nice, did you have them before hand, or did you build them for this. I really like the opening of... Day 6 maybe, where the ratys are eating the first dead bodies.
Edited by Zepher

I wonder how Day 7 will turn out... I think it's obvious, but... :sadnew:

Anyone else notice that Zepher is obssesed with ImperialShadows? :tongue:

Shut up. I can't get Mary out of my head, she keeps whispering to me and telling me what to type.

Hinckly, care to answear my question? Oh, wait, you're away I think... oh well. I'll just have to wait.

Yes Mary, I had the buildings beforehand. They can all be seen on Eurobricks or on my website. Plus there is a preview of an upcoming modular creation in some of the shots.

As far as roles go, I got most of the ideas by researching online mafia games. I found a great resource called Mafia Wiki, which I can't seem to locate, otherwise, I would've linked to it. I will mention some of my more interesting finds after this game is finished...

Glad to see the discussion on this, including enthusiasm from non-players...

Guys, cast a vote for crying out loud! Chances are 6:1 to get the last Baritone. Otherwise the chances will be 5:1 tomorrow. Go on like this and eventually you all know for sure who the Baritone is when he wiped out everybody else.

Ivan is the killer. Almost definitely.

I would appreciate it if non-players didn't try to influence the game. (I don't care whether it was intended or not, don't do it.)

Yes Mary, I had the buildings beforehand. They can all be seen on Eurobricks or on my website. Plus there is a preview of an upcoming modular creation in some of the shots.

As far as roles go, I got most of the ideas by researching online mafia games. I found a great resource called Mafia Wiki, which I can't seem to locate, otherwise, I would've linked to it. I will mention some of my more interesting finds after this game is finished...

Was it this wiki perhaps? (mafiascum.net)

Guys, cast a vote for crying out loud! Chances are 6:1 to get the last Baritone. Otherwise the chances will be 5:1 tomorrow. Go on like this and eventually you all know for sure who the Baritone is when he wiped out everybody else.

You're dead. Shut up :tongue:

I would appreciate it if non-players didn't try to influence the game. (I don't care whether it was intended or not, don't do it.)

Yes, that would be nice. There's not much we can do to stop it...but say "shut up." That goes for dead players too. :tongue:

Was it this wiki perhaps? (mafiascum.net)

That was it! Thanks! :grin: We should add that to the Mafia index thread. It's a great resource...

Its already up there Hinckley! No need to worry!

Oh, and one more thing that I would like to point out. I understand that you've been busy lately, or I think you have been, but I think all of the cutscenes have lost a little bit of detail. The executions have been a lot less dramatic then when I killed Neal. That's just my little input, though I will say that maybe its because there's not much to say right now.

Hello everyone, I'm back! Did you miss me? I thought not. :tongue: I had a great holiday, and now I'm back to clean up this town.

It seems without a ghost, things move a little slower...

Nah, it's just because I wasn't around. Those men need a lady to keep them working.

Last time I ran a game like this, I was too subtle. Still haven't found a balance.

Yeah, I had the same trouble with that bloody picture of General Marcus... :hmpf_bad: And then all my other ingeniously creative clues were lost on everyone. :grin:

If we'd had that in Mystery Castle, we would have won by day 6 or 7, since I would have taken over the killings after dealing with Lord Ash. :devil:

That is high on the list for improvements for next time, don't you worry.

Now, Dragonator Darlene is back, and he she's gonna put those blokes straight!

Great game Hinckley, it's a shame I came in too late to join. I've followed most of it though, and it's been very entertaining. The photography is excellent.

:hmpf_bad: Give it a rest. :tongue: I could never kill anyone anyway, only block their roles.

That was it! Thanks! :grin: We should add that to the Mafia index thread. It's a great resource...

Indeed, very helpful, although it's already in the Mafia index as ptdapen said. :wink:

When is Day 8 going to start? Is Hinckley without his bricks again? Bad Hinckley....go to your room! You better not be playing with your bricks or going on Eurobricks! No whacking either! You know the rules! :tongue:

Lego12

Yes Mary, ...

Ha! :laugh: I love that I called you Mary!

Befuddling, but still a fun time to be had in this day. We've got to get our act together, though, or it's just going to be me and Darlene, back to back, trying to ward off the evil zombies. Zombies? Oh no... I've given him a new idea. At least we don't have any monkeys in town. :grin:

Ha! :laugh: I love that I called you Mary!

It just comes so naturally, it's hard to resist. :laugh:

Befuddling, but still a fun time to be had in this day. We've got to get our act together, though, or it's just going to be me and Darlene, back to back, trying to ward off the evil zombies. Zombies? Oh no... I've given him a new idea. At least we don't have any monkeys in town. :grin:

Zombie monkeys! (or would that be monkey zombies?) Now there's a MOC concept waiting to be tried out :tongue: Or perhaps an idea for a new mafia game? Imagine, the good monkeys have to figure out which monkeys are evil zombies (monkeys are too stupid to understand the huge clues that the generic undeadness present) stealing their bananas at night and throwing innocent monkeys down from the trees so they break their necks and die. Clearly lots of possibilities here! :tongue: (yes, I'm sorry, too much caffeine and sugar today, had to finish an assignment. I'll shut up now.)

Zombie monkeys! (or would that be monkey zombies?) Now there's a MOC concept waiting to be tried out :tongue: Or perhaps an idea for a new mafia game? Imagine, the good monkeys have to figure out which monkeys are evil zombies (monkeys are too stupid to understand the huge clues that the generic undeadness present) stealing their bananas at night and throwing innocent monkeys down from the trees so they break their necks and die. Clearly lots of possibilities here! :tongue: (yes, I'm sorry, too much caffeine and sugar today, had to finish an assignment. I'll shut up now.)

... and when the zombie monkeys kill the good monkeys, the head zombie monkey shaman can cast a spell to turn the dead good monkeys into zombies, thus changing the balance of power quickly. However, all is not lost, for the good monkeys have some kind of Kolchak the Night Stalker character who can kill the zombies, help discover their leader, and write an article about it in time to make Vincenzo lose his mind. :wacko:

Or maybe just a monkey priest who could turn them back. :laugh:

You know, that would add one seriously new dimension to the whole thing... constantly changing sides with the goal being to discover one or two primary characters who serve as leaders on each side, while the minions switch loyalties back and forth with no knowledge of who they are working for. It's giving me a headache trying to figure out how to make it work, but it's damn brilliant. :wub: