Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Hello everyone!

hello, I'm Guss, I'm French but actually live in Switzerland , I'm 25 and I just started to play with lego bricks after 10 years without even touching one brick.

I love Lego Pirates, Lego City, Lego technic and Mindstorms, but I just started, so I just recovered my girlfriends Lego she owned when she was young ( she's 27 years old) ,and sadly I wasn't able to keep the Legos I had when I was young, my mother sold them :cry_sad: , so for now I just own some old sets ( 114 sets, not bad for free ^^ ) but it's already enough to build nice MOCs ^^

nice to meet you everybody !

P.S : sorry if my English is bad, I didn't really learned it at school ^^

Guss, welcome to Eurobricks. Your English is perfectly alright. I understand what you are trying to convey :wink: It's nice to see you come out of your dark age. In fact, most of us here used to have a dark age. It seemed we have put it behind us. I am sure you will do the same as well. Since Pirates will be launching next year, you will defintely be excited about it. Do check out the respective forums. I am sure you find this forum an unique experience. :sweet:

thanks for your welcome^^

I read some topic where peoples were discussing about " dark age" I was wondering what they meant, now I understand^^ yep I'm very impatient to buy some new nice ships , I really miss my Black Seas Barracuda ( 6285 ) I owned when I was still a kid.

Welcome aboard, you've got a good collection for someone just out of their dark age, I hope you have a great time here. Please don't worry about your English it's fine and alot better than my French.

I read some topic where peoples were discussing about " dark age" I was wondering what they meant, now I understand^^ yep I'm very impatient to buy some new nice ships , I really miss my Black Seas Barracuda ( 6285 ) I owned when I was still a kid.

Geez! Don't tell me Black Sea Barracuda was one of the sets that your mother sold? :hmpf: That was the best Pirate set of all time, and even released as a LEGEND. Feel free to ask us if there is any help you need.

White fang : thank you ^^ , yeah my mother sold it too... i didn't want to but i was not living at home anymore, she sold it without telling me... it was my favourite set ...

Cardinal Brick : thanks ^^ yep I think I'm lucky too to get all these sets for free, of course there is a lot of little sets, but there is some nice one ( like the 6991 ) , I forgot to write it on my firt post but my girlfriend and me entered our collection on Brickset :

http://brickset.com/lists/collection.aspx?User=nolanne

and I recently bought 2 other sets : http://brickset.com/lists/collection.aspx?User=guss

Edited by Guss

Welcome at Eurobricks.

I learned my English by watching Star Trek on the BBC, so don't worry about that :classic:

I learned it by playing video games ^^ français aussi ? où corse surement ^^

Hi and welcome to our community! You're quite a lucky guy! You get a lot of LEGO support from your girlfriend! Too bad your mother sold your Black Seas Barracuda 6285. My mum is always threating to sell my LEGO stuff or to give it away for free. Of course, she hasn't dared do so! :wink: Fortunately!

hey and thanks ^^ yep I'm quite Lucky, and I don't live with my mother anymore, she will never be able to sells my Legos again ! MWAHAHAHA !

good luck convince your mother to keep your Lego ! tell her that If she sells/gives your Lego, You'll have to sell drugs and steal cars to buy some new legos ! wait, maybe it's not a good idea .... nevermind ^^

Hi mister clone ^^ yep she had , but now it's me who's playing with it ! ^^

Btw, she liked your Death star scene, she said it's a really funny one ^^

Hi mister clone ^^ yep she had , but now it's me who's playing with it ! ^^

Btw, she liked your Death star scene, she said it's a really funny one ^^

Cool, thanks! :thumbup: Fans are always welcome.

Welcome to Eurobricks, I hope you enjoy it here. You got lucky with that many free sets, I wish I had your new collection. And I don't see a problem with your English, I understand what you are saying.

Welcome to Eurobricks Guss.

Looks like you've settled in well.

thanks everyone for your welcome !^^

You got lucky with that many free sets, I wish I had your new collection.

yep I really feel lucky even If I really miss my old sets !

Welcome to Eurobricks! Thanks for the comments on my vehicle! default_satisfied.gif

your Epoc vehicle is nice^^ oups I already said it on your post^^ do not hesitate to say what you think about my moc too! ( Even if you think it's baaadd ^^say it , it will help me to improve my Lego skills! )

Looks like you've settled in well.

yep I'm quite used to forum.. and I have to say I love forums :wub:

WOW... Stunning how quickly your posts have gone up!

The lack of a banning means that the admins think your only saying worthy comments! congratulations!

I tried learning French the other day... I can count to ten!

Perhaps I need some practice. From what i hear you live in a beautiful part of the world!

Regards Cpt. PB

Hello and thanks Cpt Pegleg blockbeard,

I don't really think I deserve to be banned, but If I post to many messages, I'll try to reduce my post-rate ^^

otherwise count to ten is a good start !

and I agree that I live in a nice city ( Genève ) , I live here since may of this year, so it's recent, Before this I was living near Marseilles, in south of France, a beautiful city too. You too live in a really beautiful country too, at the other side of the world ! I wish to go to a trip to Australia, but that's quite far and expensive !^^

Welcome at Eurobricks.

I learned my English by watching Star Trek on the BBC, so don't worry about that :classic:

Really because that show had some pretty dodgy grammer :sceptic::tongue:

Really because that show had some pretty dodgy grammer :sceptic::tongue:

Iz lerned mi englirch from da lolcatz. Thy'r so cul.

(I'm really a native speaker.)

Edited by Zepher