Sign in to follow this  
SevenDeadlyStreamers

Capt’n Tongs - Origin Story

Here is the link to the introduction of my sigfig Elwood W. Ulch - below that you can find his tragic backstory and why he has hooks for hands which gave him the nickname Capt’n Tongs.

Where to begin?… it has been nearly 20 years since Elwood stumbled upon that secluded island as a member of the Eslandola Faction. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

Attempts at peaceful contact were not successful, although Elwood’s superior officer made a commendable effort. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

The island tribe feared the unusual weapons and appearance of the visitors in green coats. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

Things quickly escalated and Elwood found himself face to face with a powerful adversary wielding double hatchets. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

Elwood was a formidable opponent and was able to hold his own wielding dual cutlasses. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

In the end, Elwood just couldn’t fend off the enemy and it cost him both hands. Although he survived the ordeal, he was tossed in a cell and left for dead. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

At the brink of giving up all hope, Elwood was rescued by an island girl. They were able to escape the island and start a life for themselves.

Elwood’s wife would change her name to Eve and bring two beautiful twin babies into the world. Their names are Emily and Edward

LEGO Pirate MOC

For a few years, this happy family enjoyed the best years of their lives together. Elwood earned the nickname Capt’n Tongs by the Sea Rats that he would provide fish for, since he would often scale, clean, and even cook the fish with his hook hands holding it over an open fire. 

Speaking of fire, this is where our tale takes another tragic turn. When returning with the children from another fishing expedition, Capt’n Tongs finds his home incinerated with no sign of his beloved Eve. 

LEGO Pirate MOC

Capt’n Tongs has never given up hope. While running the Sea Rat’s Scullery restaurant he will often seek out information of his wife’s whereabouts. He patiently waits for the day that he can finally get revenge for his fallen comrades and mother of his children!

Brethren of the Brick Seas

Thanks for reading!

Wow! Neat little mocs and story. Welcome to BoBs, SevenDeadlyStreamers!

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Great intro! We'll watch his career with great interest

Thank you, I’m looking forward to participating in Era III, can’t wait to see what BotBS has in store. 

3 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Wow! Neat little mocs and story. Welcome to BoBs, SevenDeadlyStreamers!

Thanks, it was fun imagining a story for these characters, even if it was a tragic one. 

Great builds and a solid story! Glad you joined us and brought these characters to the BoBS world!

This is interesting and sad!

A good idea to use the existing island village for the beginning of the story. There are great action sequences to be seen in the photos. I like also the rest because I can see how the children grow up. Really very well done!

Sad story , although interesting imdeed. Looking forward to what will happen , I hope he'll find his wife again! 

On 5/3/2024 at 12:24 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Great builds and a solid story! Glad you joined us and brought these characters to the BoBS world!

Thank you, now I just need to learn everyone else’s characters… may take a while, lol

On 5/3/2024 at 4:39 PM, NOD said:

This is interesting and sad!

A good idea to use the existing island village for the beginning of the story. There are great action sequences to be seen in the photos. I like also the rest because I can see how the children grow up. Really very well done!

Thanks, I’m glad you recognized my MOC from the past contest. I’m interested in the next contest, can’t wait to participate and see everyone else’s MOCs!

On 5/4/2024 at 7:34 AM, Fraunces said:

Sad story , although interesting imdeed. Looking forward to what will happen , I hope he'll find his wife again! 

Yes yes, I have some ideas. I’m going to wait for the next few transition challenges go for ERA III and see how I can incorporate my characters into the bigger picture. 

Nice story, the village scene is particularly well executed! Once again, welcome here in BoBS! It's also interesting that you chose to give your character a "loser" story (usually people like to make their character win glorious battles, not being wounded or defeated), which makes him particularly interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing where your journey will lead!