I visited my second nearest Woolworths today, at which I found the boxes to be full and no security tags. However they have placed them in clear view of the checkout so the staff can always see what’s going on, so I assume that it’s what each store manager decides on as to how to guard these vital Lego products.

More info courtesy of Brickset:

Anyone worried about the fact that 7679 Republic Fighter Tank is currently unavailable in the U.S., rest assured, you will be able to complete your Clone Wars collection, just not anytime soon. Apparently, in tandem with a LEGO S@H release, it will be a Target exclusive later in the year (usually October), along with Agents 8636 Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest, and BIONICLE 8942 Jetrax T6, in a special supercharged yellow version. More than likely, City 4210 Coast Guard Platform will be released via this outlet in the U.S. as well, but nothing is confirmed as of yet. Of course, if you are a U.K. consumer, all of these sets are already available to you, barring the yellow 8942.

badger

I visited my second nearest Woolworths today, at which I found the boxes to be full and no security tags. However they have placed them in clear view of the checkout so the staff can always see what’s going on, so I assume that it’s what each store manager decides on as to how to guard these vital Lego products.

Same...Yesterday I went to the Woolworths in Putney and picked up the RGS Box, Felt full and heavy. :sceptic:

The Hoth base is the most over priced uninspired Star Wars sets to date

I am baffled why people on this board show so much interest in it

...another snowspeeder? How many do you need? A tiny door? Cant you just MOC your own?

Besides...its still available in TRU in the UK so its hardly that rare

Not only are new molds expensive, the oil price is skyrocketing (yes plastic is made out of oil) and there is a falling economy wich lowers sales numbers. :sad:

I don't see much good coming from this discussion, i am closing this up.

Is it me or has the price gone up for it?

I mean I got it the first time around and still feel a paid way less than 69.99CAD. And I picked it up at the local TRU. :sceptic:

Overpriced, a little bit but not much. Uninspired... where's the evidence?

I am baffled why people on this board show so much interest in it

It's exclusive. Plus, it's a Star Wars set almost 10 years in the wanting. Need anything else?

...another snowspeeder? How many do you need? A tiny door? Cant you just MOC your own?

True. But I've never gotten a Snowspeeder, and I've never had enough pieces to make a Hoth Base... let alone a tiny door.

Does rare matter if it's a great set?

It's weird. But I just can't get myself to buy the Rebel Base. It's perfect for me... I loved the Battle of Hoth, dearly. It comes with a Rare Snowspeeder, a cool-looking though small base, exclusive figs, and some really cool things like turrets, probe droids and a bacta tank to top it off. If I'm buying that, I may as well buy the Motorized AT-AT. Easily my favourite Star Wars vehicle, this behemoth of a set looks like a must buy to me, even at that high price. Finally the AT-ST, to get another Imperial for Hoth. Cool set, I've been meaning to buy this as well as the base and the AT-AT. It's 250$ in total. Better than my original plan of buying the Kashyyk sets for 380$ :hmpf:. Nearly double the pieces too mate. Also, I don't have to buy that giant Death Star, cool as it is, to be satisfied. I know I can afford this, it comes with rare figures so I know they'll have worth, and plus it's an amazing army-builder... an AT-AT vs. my cousin's MTT... doesn't make sense but... man would that be an awesome battle. Somehow, however, I can't buy this. You know why? Because I should have bought it last year. I don't know why, I just have a problem with buying something that came out DIRECTLY last year. However, I have absolutely no problem buying something a bit older, like in 2005. What's up with that? If I don't get over the strange habit soon I'll go make a dumb buy again. I'd buy this year's sets if I really liked them, however, I'm not a fan of the CW movie so far and the sets do nothing for me. However, the Hoth stuff does. Maybe it's because it's already been reviewes, bought and thrown in the bin by people, while the CW stuff is very new and this stuff is fairly old. Maybe it's the feeling that "I'm buying last years stuff that everyone already has", or "I should be buying the newer stuff". I keep trying and trying but it's honestly hopeless. Can someone please figure me out and maybe share a time that they've ever felt like this? Thank you very much.

Yes, I've seen it at Woolworths (UK) and bought it the LEGO brand shop in Milton Keynes (UK). I've even built it!

Jeremy

I'm going to have to agree with your first statement but not your second.

The 7666 set currently available in the UK is a re-release and has been AWOL for over 4 months.

I'm only being nickety-pickety because your "still" might lead people to believe that it has been continuously available since it was first released.

Jeremy

Is this happening elsewhere?!

Not in the two or three Woolies I've been in in Cambridgeshire.

Can I ask if you saw these before or after Clone Wars Day (July 26th)?

If it was before I'd guess they were just display sets and not available for purchase. But then again there were plenty of Woolies across the country selling them in advance of their release date. But Woolies always does that - AOTC, ROTS and now TCW embargo dates were all broken.

Jeremy

Well Dovchenko I can't help you on your problem but I have all those sets. They are all excellent and seeming as you do not like the new CW stuff you should get them if you really want. Here is my review of the Motorized AT-AT. Clicky or if it doesn't work click here it's on the review section.

I don't know where you live but all the sets you mentioned are available either on LEGO.com or Toys R Us.

Jeremy

Yes, I've seen it at Woolworths (UK) and bought it the LEGO brand shop in Milton Keynes (UK). I've even built it!

Jeremy

No, we mean in North America.

On a related note, we don't have Target in Canada. What's going to happen with us? How will we get our sets?

Seeing as you haven't posted anything in this thread before now why would I be replying to you?

No, we mean in North America.

You might mean North America but I'm replying to badger's question:

Bottom line: has anyone in the US (or Europe for that matter) found the Fighter Tank at retail? If so, where did you find it?

And he does ask about Europe.

On a related note, we don't have Target in Canada. What's going to happen with us? How will we get our sets?

We don't have Target in the UK either but I still found it elsewhere. Where do you normally get the Target US exclusives in Canada? Look there.

Jeremy

Edited by LEGOscum

Is it me or has the price gone up for it?

I mean I got it the first time around and still feel a paid way less than 69.99CAD. And I picked it up at the local TRU. :sceptic:

When I ordered it from Lego Shop At Home, it was 69.99, no difference in the price.

Hi everybody.

I spend many hours on legoshop.com and I saw a few minutes ago that the very popular Hoth Rebel Base is newly available for Canadian and American customers! If you don't have it yet, you should get it now before it diseappears forever. It's a great set! The prices have not changed :

49.99 USD

69.99 CAD

Sorry for my Europeans friends.

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm not the first to post this new. "baby" was the first to notice it.

Thanks a bunch for posting the news! I ordered mine this morning. Came to $56.94 with shipping(no tax) I had really given up trying to get this set. Never saw it on the shelf at TRUS and was late in admiting defeat and paying shipping to get it on-line. E-bay was alway @ $100.00 plus shipping and that was too much. Can't seem to get even 1 snowtrooper on E-bay for less than $10.00 shipped. I like the playset\diorama Lego sets....Cantina, Jabba's Palace, Cloud City. They look great on display. Thanks again!

News Flash. These were highly sought after before because it was a set from one of the most popular and memorable scenes in the history of Star Wars. And I read somewhere on the internet that a large amount of golden C3POs were in these boxes.