Lego Shop UK has the Battle on Takodana set listed as coming on the 1st of January, priced @ £49.99. There's no way that set is worth fifty quid. Hoth Attack seems like a bargain at £19.99

http://shop.lego.com...-Takodana-75139

The Resistance Troop Transporter is up now too @ £59.99. The brick count doesn't look too high for this set but there's some bigger parts in there, the minifig selection is okay, you're getting Ackbar and Leia, but given Takodana's price point, I thought the official Lego price would have been 69.99 for an actual ship relative to the mark up on some walls, door and a strip of bacon!

All about the minifigs as always.

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Resistance-Troop-Transporter-75140?fromListing=listing

Speaking of availability... Went to my local brick & mortar Lego Store at open on Jan. 1st with intentions of picking up the new sets. To my dismay, there was an enormous line of people waiting to get into the store. By the time I got in there, the Star Wars section was totally empty. It was extremely frustrating to see several people at the checkout holding 3 copies of each new set. I wish the store had set a limit of one of each per customer.

I've not been able to find them at B&N, Target or Walmart either yet. So if you're in Utah like me, it'll probably be best to order these sets from S@H for now. And if you're looking for that FO battle pack, 75132, good luck. Nobody has it in stock.

I'm sort of new to this aspect of the hobby, is it normally this difficult to get sets the week they are released? I guess I usually buy these things slowly over time instead of trying to get them right away.

It's only really difficult this go around because of the Star Wars movie craze right now. Usually the winter wave stuff doesn't go that quick, but with the previous wave of Star Wars movie sets sold out after the holidays, everyone is scrambling. No doubt this winter wave will restock soon and once the Marvel/DC movie craze hits, Star Wars will be easier to find.

I was all excited to hit up my Lego store on Jan 1, only to find out when I got there that only the TFA sets were being released on the first, AND series 15 CMFs were not being released until February. What a disappointing day...

I had already seen the January wave of TFA sets in stores for 2 weeks here in Wisconsin, but It was the OT sets I really wanted.

I was all excited to hit up my Lego store on Jan 1, only to find out when I got there that only the TFA sets were being released on the first, AND series 15 CMFs were not being released until February. What a disappointing day...

I had already seen the January wave of TFA sets in stores for 2 weeks here in Wisconsin, but It was the OT sets I really wanted.

Still no TFA sets in my AO, at least as of yesterday. This is at Tagret and Walmart.

New sets have been available in the UK for a week or so now, I've only just found them in a physical store today, my local TRU.

I saw 75142 Homing Spider Droid at a Toys R Us a couple of days ago.

I also saw these sets at a Meijer

75125 Resistance X-wing Fighter

75129 Wookiee Gunship

75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

75136 Droid Escape Pod

75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber

75138 Hoth Attack

I saw these in the US in South-eastern WI

So, based on these images, I think that the ideal Rogue One battlepack that we could hope for would be either

1x Tanktrooper (the Tank Driver stormies)

1x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

OR

1x Beigetrooper (on the far left of the Imperial ensemble image with the big forehead helmet)

1x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

OR

2x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

I'd be fine with either, to be honest. As long as any battlepack has at least 2 basic Stormies. The new Tanktrooper/Tantroopers(until we get a better canon name).

However, if the First Order battlepack or 2014 battlepacks are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something more like 1 of each of the four types (Basic, Tank, Beige, Death) or simply 2x Death and 2x Beige.

As for the 2016 sets themselves, I anticipate 2-3 Tanktroopers in the Tank set, probably a few Deathtroopers scattered through 2-3 of the sets (TIE Striker and the big Imperial one, perhaps AT-ST as well), and at least 2 of those Beigetroopers somewhere (AT-ST seems plausible). The Director himself I only see appearing in whatever the big one is. I doubt we'll see any non-unique Rebels, just the core crew of heroes. If we have any luck, we'll get a Mon Mothma with the U-wing as that's now the only contender for largest Rebel kit in the wave.

Edited by Darth Caedus

For the Rogue One sets, i looking forward for the U-Wing the most since I'm always a sucker for the Rebellion stuffs. The TIE Striker also looks good, but kinda lack a "wow" factor for me.

So, based on these images, I think that the ideal Rogue One battlepack that we could hope for would be either

1x Tanktrooper (the Tank Driver stormies)

1x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

OR

1x Beigetrooper (on the far left of the Imperial ensemble image with the big forehead helmet)

1x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

OR

2x Deathtrooper

2x Stormtrooper

I really hope we get at least 2 classic stormtroopers in a battle packs! TLG please please please!! Edited by makoy

I'll second Miles on the U-wing and the similarity to Bucks old steed, I do so like the look of it - I'd probably prefer it not to have moving wings tbh but I'll take some of those if they are released.

I really hope we get at least 2 classic stormtroopers in a battle packs! TLG please please please!!

2 classic stormies, 1 updated imperial navy trooper with guard chin and a storm trooper officer would be the awesome. I don't know if the death trooper is gonna be included in BP's, Lego will probably sell them in quite expensive sets. ( Like that big Imperial dropship that explodes in the trailer ).

In any case I'll be broke by the end of this year with all of these upcoming sets ( hoping they are really good ).

If they do make an Imperial BP next year, knowing Lego they will include two Stormtroopers in it. The catch? They are dirt-marked like the ones from this years BP.

In all seriousness though, I'm getting pretty excited by Rogue One. I can see the set potential here!

Any OT Imperial battlepack would be nice, Imperial navy troopers and stormies for a death star themed one, sandtroopers for a Tatooine one... Basically anything than having to pay 10$ for a single stormtrooper on bricklink.

Any OT Imperial battlepack would be nice, Imperial navy troopers and stormies for a death star themed one, sandtroopers for a Tatooine one... Basically anything than having to pay 10$ for a single stormtrooper on bricklink.

You can occasionally find them cheaper. I found a seller with 12 for six a piece from Michigan. It depends. Still it would be nice if Lego gave us an actual affordable way of obtaining them.

You can't find any Galactic Empire Battlepacks where you live?