Hey there, as you might already know, I released Maserati MC12 last year.
But I only managed to publish the video review today (I lacked some white pieces previously)

1280x960.jpg

While preparing the video I have updated the gear-shift mechanism, because it caused the turning angle of the front wheel was limited.

Scale: 1:8
Length x Width x Height: 63 x 28 x 15 cm

Features:
- V12 piston engine with rear-wheel drive
- 6-speed sequential gearbox + N + R (neutral and 1 rear speed)
- steering with working steering wheel
- front and rear independent suspension
- adjustable front suspension (a real MC12 feature as it has a long front bumper)
- doors are supplied with shock absorbers which helps to hold the doors in open/close state.
- removable trunk cover and roof

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

You can find more photos on my BrickSafe page
https://bricksafe.com/pages/ArtemyZotov/maserati-mc12-18/physical-build

This car has been on my build/design list for a while... As soon as I saw the model on rebrickable last year I knew I had to do the classic white/dark blue version (made possible with the new Ford GT set)
I can't recommend this model highly enough. It is one of the best building experiences I have had from rebrickable and I don't have anything to whinge about.

800x450.JPG
800x600.JPG800x450.JPG

Beautiful model. I also built it in the classic white/dark blue color scheme.

800x600.jpeg
800x600.jpeg

Love it! Ever since I saw it on Rebrickable I really wanted to build it too (in white and blue), but the parts cost is still a little pricey for me at the moment.

Cool! I'm not a Maserati fan but I would buy it if it was released by CaDA as an official set.

43 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Cool! I'm not a Maserati fan but I would buy it if it was released by CaDA as an official set.

Thank you! But CaDA rejected this MOC.

On 3/15/2024 at 7:58 AM, ArtemyZotov said:

Thank you! But CaDA rejected this MOC. 

This disappoints me as I would have bought one too. Do you know why it was turned down? Too expensive or part-intensive to produce? Or maybe licensing issues? I can't imagine it had anything to do with the quality or appeal of the design work.

4 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

This disappoints me as I would have bought one too. Do you know why it was turned down? Too expensive or part-intensive to produce? Or maybe licensing issues? I can't imagine it had anything to do with the quality or appeal of the design work.

There are no details on that

Hi. When the project was rejected by CaDa, did you by any chance co-operate with a different brand? There are some pretty official-looking sets going around (nice box with graphics and renderings and high quality instructions) but there isn't your name anywhere on it. Is it safe to assume that it was stolen and released without your consent?

1 hour ago, teddy_malone said:

Hi. When the project was rejected by CaDa, did you by any chance co-operate with a different brand? There are some pretty official-looking sets going around (nice box with graphics and renderings and high quality instructions) but there isn't your name anywhere on it. Is it safe to assume that it was stolen and released without your consent?

The only one brand I gave my permission to sell my MC12 as set is LesDiy (I hope I won't be banned for mentioning it). I'm not sure if they have sub-brands, but I believe the most of those sets you saw are all stolen. 

Thanks, that helps a lot. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference (the one that I saw even had parts bagged in assembly order). I'm glad that I asked before buying it. 

Sorry for not starting with that, but let me just say that I love your design. The car that you've chosen is one of my all time favourites and the attention to detail and amount of work that you have put into it is amazing. 

I have one more question. When designing the model did you consider blue shocks from BMW 42130 motorcycle? Do you think they would fit under the body or require a major redesign? As I said, the car is one of my favourites and the blue shocks match the real car, so I was just wondering.

10 hours ago, teddy_malone said:

Thanks, that helps a lot. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference (the one that I saw even had parts bagged in assembly order). I'm glad that I asked before buying it. 

Sorry for not starting with that, but let me just say that I love your design. The car that you've chosen is one of my all time favourites and the attention to detail and amount of work that you have put into it is amazing. 

I have one more question. When designing the model did you consider blue shocks from BMW 42130 motorcycle? Do you think they would fit under the body or require a major redesign? As I said, the car is one of my favourites and the blue shocks match the real car, so I was just wondering.

Unfortunately, I stll haven't had those shocks and thus I didn't consider them. But I'm sure there aren't enough room under the front cover to place them because of the little gaps and the suspension adjusting system.

Thank you for your feedback! It really inspire me.

Thanks for taking time to reply to me. I'll definitely start collecting parts or look into what you mentioned earlier. 

One more thing that I think would be super-cool is full dark blue version. Either the Corsa version with different spoiler and few cosmetic changes, or just the road version with different panels.

I know it would be a lot of work (probably especially the front cover and doors), and I'm not sure if it's even possible with Legos, but it would be a cool addition to the line-up. Maybe someone (or you) is already working on something like that. 

Sorry if I'm overstepping, but I'm very excited about it, and it might cloud my judgement.

10 hours ago, teddy_malone said:

One more thing that I think would be super-cool is full dark blue version. Either the Corsa version with different spoiler and few cosmetic changes, or just the road version with different panels.

I know it would be a lot of work (probably especially the front cover and doors), and I'm not sure if it's even possible with Legos, but it would be a cool addition to the line-up. Maybe someone (or you) is already working on something like that. 

I had thought about trying an all dark blue version when I built the model, but there are many smaller parts and connectors that aren’t available in dark blue. In the end I didn’t think it was worth trying to modify so much of the bodywork to make work, especially when I had a lot of the white parts in my inventory already. But I wouldn’t say it would be entirely impossible though if you were willing to give it ago. 

22 hours ago, langko said:

I had thought about trying an all dark blue version when I built the model, but there are many smaller parts and connectors that aren’t available in dark blue. In the end I didn’t think it was worth trying to modify so much of the bodywork to make work, especially when I had a lot of the white parts in my inventory already. But I wouldn’t say it would be entirely impossible though if you were willing to give it ago. 

Thanks for the vote of confidence. At this point it's not an if, but when I'm gonna buy the instructions. Just have to source the parts. Will see which version I'll decide on. 

I keep comparing early builds by Artemy, renders available online and your latest build, and wonder if something changed in the suspension setup? It looked as if the car was suspended higher in the early photos, and in yours it seems closer to the ground. Is it just an illusion, or did it compress under its own weight or in fact there was some kind of redesign?

Either way, beautiful work. The physical built surpassed the renders and must look even better in person.

41 minutes ago, teddy_malone said:

Just have to source the parts. Will see which version I'll decide on. 

I keep comparing early builds by Artemy, renders available online and your latest build, and wonder if something changed in the suspension setup? It looked as if the car was suspended higher in the early photos, and in yours it seems closer to the ground. Is it just an illusion, or did it compress under its own weight or in fact there was some kind of redesign?

Either way, beautiful work. The physical built surpassed the renders and must look even better in person.

Have fun building it, if you need to source the Dark Blue parts I recommend buying the newer ones (the ones available in the Ford Gt set) direct from LEGO pick a brick, as I found it a lot cheaper than bricklink. 

The suspension is probably a mix of all those factors. Renders will quite often look higher as there’s no compression. I don’t know if there was any redesign from earlier versions to the version released in the instruction. It is adjustable as well so it’s possible you could’ve seen some photos with it in a higher setting.

Yes it definitely doesn’t disappoint in person!

37 minutes ago, teddy_malone said:

Nope, the suspension hasn't been changed since the release at all. But you are right, the ground clearance on the renders was a bit higher (approx. 1mm). I've just compared it. My mistake in modeling (actually it's quite tricky to model the shocks with proper angle in 3D, as they are compressed in real life at idle position when it's not compressed in the software)

800x267.jpg