53562495205_5d311f9f69_c.jpg

Hi everyone!
I present to you the third module of the Medieval Village.
Hidden in the forest among large trees with dark trunks, surrounded by vegetation, in perfect symbiosis with nature... there is an outpost, a stronghold where the Forestmen live! These famous archers, children of the forest, live hidden among their trees. Through ingenious secret passages they can reach the village to be able to fight enemy factions and grab gold to survive.

This new module connects to the previous one (#2 medieval bridge and water mill) and represents an important presence in the Medieval Village that is gradually emerging.
The module is composed of 4 trees typical of forestmen with black trunks. A large waterfall is the protagonist of the scenario which gives life to the stream already seen in the previous module. Next to the waterfall there is a tree with a special branch... if activated it opens a secret door in the rock that allows the Forestmen to reach their outpost through a tunnel carved into the rock that runs along the back of the waterfall.
The Forestmen's stronghold consists of a ground floor with a main room with a fireplace, an armory and a wardrobe that can be opened revealing the secret passage to the tunnel. On the first floor we find a dormitory room and another room where the forestmen eat. Above we find a turret used to spot enemies from afar and where a powerful crossbow makes its presence to shoot arrows far away. With a non-LEGO rubber band the crossbow actually works!
A further lever behind the base allows you to move two Forestmen children playing among the reeds. There are also Easter eggs.

The base is made up of 5,800 pieces, the outpost alone is made up of around 1800 parts.
The three floors of the outpost are separable to better observe the internal details.

You can view all the detailed photographs of the moc in this Flickr Gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72177720315170655/

I hope you enjoy my latest work and stay tuned for module #4!
Sandro, SDRnet

53562051076_7f02eedea9_c.jpg

53561191162_e32ddc1004_c.jpg

53562246393_0e0f384c8a_c.jpg

53561191757_6ed56aaef0_c.jpg

53562376069_3af3879255_c.jpg

53562052366_a470cf6d10_c.jpg

53562245673_478d655132_c.jpg

53561192717_da8af231cf_c.jpg

Questions and comments are welcome!

Outpost? Looks more a stronghold to me. ;)

Joking aside, your landscape is coming along nicely. Alot of beautiful detailing both inside and outside the... ahem... outpost.
I think I like best the use of those black 1x3 slopes with a rounded tile on bottom on the wall detailing. Indoors, well, I can't decide which of the four rooms I like the least. They all have something going for them.

Seeing these altogether is sublime.

Really like the look of this one, excellent work!

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

Avamposto? Mi sembra più una roccaforte. ;)

Scherzi a parte, il tuo paesaggio sta venendo bene. Molti bellissimi dettagli sia all'interno che all'esterno del... ehm...  avamposto .
Penso che mi piaccia di più l'uso di quelle pendenze nere 1x3 con una piastrella arrotondata sul fondo del dettaglio del muro. All'interno, beh, non so decidere quale delle quattro stanze mi piace di  meno . Hanno tutti qualcosa da fare per loro.

Thanks for your comment! In fact I was undecided for a long time on what to call it... Stronghold seemed perhaps too exaggerated for forestmen and in the end I chose outpost.

Be that as it may, I hope I have built a good home for the forest dwellers!

I really like the rockwork and landscaping here especially with the black tree trunks it just looks so good here.  The stream looks great with the different blues to show depth.  The bridge and the mill are nicely detailed.  All the module's together is looking great and look forward to the next installation.  

Beautiful outpost! I love the integration between the building and nature.

4 hours ago, jtooker said:

Beautiful outpost! I love the integration between the building and nature.

Thank you! One of my goals was to mix the two things. Thanks for the comment!

This is even better than some of the BL submissions!

Hope you can make the instructions available one day! This is a really solid build! Good job!

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Questo è persino migliore di alcuni dei contributi BL!

Spero che tu possa rendere disponibili le istruzioni un giorno! Questa è una costruzione davvero solida! Buon lavoro!

The whole landscape would be complicated to propose. However, in the future I was thinking of proposing the outpost on the BDP or making assembly instructions. I have to organize myself because I have many projects to carry on. Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy!

Amazing work. The forestman outpost seamlessly blends with the landscape and accents it. Your tunnels are great additions and are well detailed.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:32 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Amazing work. The forestman outpost seamlessly blends with the landscape and accents it. Your tunnels are great additions and are well detailed.

Thank you very much for your message! Much appreciated!

On 3/3/2024 at 6:51 PM, zoth33 said:

I really like the rockwork and landscaping here especially with the black tree trunks it just looks so good here.  The stream looks great with the different blues to show depth.  The bridge and the mill are nicely detailed.  All the module's together is looking great and look forward to the next installation.  

Thank you very much! I will work on the next module soon. My plan is to complete it (module #4) by the end of July 204! Stay tuned!