53519969492_d1e781cac7_c.jpg

I had seen the Volvo FH Aero cab a couple of times before it was publicly presented but I hadn't decided to actually build a lego version of it until the weekend before the press release :pir_laugh2:

Last week my model premiered at the Volvo Trucks Factory in Ghent, where I work.

53521028088_71494bc354_c.jpg

I'm not so happy with how the upper front grille turned out, my previous model really was spot on, in fact I dare even say that that one is the best out there when it comes to that section.

Spoiler

51106947097_8ed1f7d795_c.jpg

But!

There is a good reason why this one's upper grille is rather mediocre, I managed to include a cool feature that would not have been possible on the previous model; Cab Tilt!

53520862071_4488441aba_c.jpg

I have more pictures in my Brickshelf gallery, for some reason I am no longer able to embed those in here. You can check these out once the gallery is public: Brickshelf.

As you can see in the video, the model is motorized:

A System PoweredUp hub sits under the cab, an L motor for drive and angular M motor for steering are fitted in the wheelbase area. The model features front and pusher axle steering. However due to the unbalanced weight distribution I have experienced a lot of issues with the driving stability. The weight on the front axle is massive, giving the rear driven axle a hard time to find some grip on the road.

A reflection I had; I'm quite happy with the fifth wheel, it's the first one I ever made and I wanted it to actually look like a real fifth wheel. Strangely no one else seems to care much about a realistic looking fifth wheel.

Don't forget to check out my Volvo FH Hooklift!

I really like it! I dont have many knowledge about trucks but the grill doesnt stand out to me and doesnt look off. 

A very smooth and clean build. At first glance, it doesnt look like lego, apart from the studs at the side of the cab, but somehow that makes it look better.

12 minutes ago, Sebeus I said:

Last week my model premiered at the Volvo Trucks Factory in Ghent, where I work.

Do you mean the real life model or yours? :tongue:

Greetings, Jan

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Frontpaged.

image.gif.57ac3861721471663744cd0d27fa9f45.gif

1 minute ago, Jandel47 said:

I really like it! I dont have many knowledge about trucks but the grill doesnt stand out to me and doesnt look off. 

A very smooth and clean build. At first glance, it doesnt look like lego, apart from the studs at the side of the cab, but somehow that makes it look better.

Do you mean the real life model or yours? :tongue:

Greetings, Jan

Haha, my Lego model of course. Thank you. 

You were fast, the real truck has been shown on 29th January, but if you had the chance to see it before the official release, then you were lucky :wink:

I like the overall look, even if I prefer the Technic style than the system style, especially those exposed studs on the side walls. Surely with system bricks you can make better details!

I see there are still "technicprojects-style" headlights there :grin:

Gosh, that's really impressive, mixing realistic looks and motorisation like that! 

I just thought you were building ships, but I guess it's a tribute to what you do for work? Well done! :thumbup:

Really super cool! Got some of the lines really spot on!

I'm also currently working on a 1:21 version to add to my line up. Just cant decided on the grill at the moment.

Edited by MCD

On 2/11/2024 at 4:21 PM, mpj said:

You were fast, the real truck has been shown on 29th January, but if you had the chance to see it before the official release, then you were lucky :wink:

I like the overall look, even if I prefer the Technic style than the system style, especially those exposed studs on the side walls. Surely with system bricks you can make better details!

I see there are still "technicprojects-style" headlights there :grin:

Thank you, you mean System style "technicprojects-style" headlights :pir_laugh2:

15 hours ago, BrickPerfection said:

Gosh, that's really impressive, mixing realistic looks and motorisation like that! 

I just thought you were building ships, but I guess it's a tribute to what you do for work? Well done! :thumbup:

Well, the FH is Volvo's flagship so one could argue that it is some kind of ship 😅. Thanks.

7 hours ago, M_longer said:

Front lower part with lights looks great.

But whole cab is leaning to the back:

426188611_1783307835519580_1362705583924

It seems you are right, fortunately this can easily be fixed since the rear cab suspension is adjustable:

sideprofile.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

5 hours ago, MCD said:

Really super cool! Got some of the lines really spot on!

I'm also currently working on a 1:21 version to add to my line up. Just cant decided on the grill at the moment.

I'm looking forward to your version. Difficult choices were made to build the grill, good luck and thank you.