Sign in to follow this  
TalusMoonbreaker

GOH 11: Il Porto Nascosto

IMG_3490.jpeg

Although much of the lands west of the mountains are left dry and desolate, the people of Nascosta have managed to eek out a living as fishers as vintners among an inlet in the coast nigh the dens of fierce pirates. Similar to the coastal regions of eastern Varlyrio, the buildings are constructed of strong stone and painted brightly. It is a haven for those who wish to live peacefully or continue their illicit deeds under the noses of those more powerful than them. And then there are those who see it as a nice get away from all of the sand and just wish to enjoy some focaccia and local wine by the sea. 

Spoiler

Minifigures!

Roberto la Paura

IMG_3472.jpeg

Former pirate, now retired and pretends to be mayor of the town. He also is very passionate about Gelato. Some rumors indicate that Illaryian was without Gelato for some months after Roberto “liberated” a shipment.

Lucrezia

IMG_3471.jpeg

The friendly town minstrel who is always willing to cheer up the townsfolk with a song and smile. Today, she has a simple tune prepared for her friend Bilg to make him happy despite his sun burns.

Valtýr Léttangogginn

IMG_3474.jpeg

It is unknown if his epithet is his actual last name or due to the parrot that keeps him company but this Kolgarí is one colorful fellow. No one knows what he is doing here, perhaps he's on holiday from the underworld?

Bilg

IMG_3480.jpeg

This poor orc of the wastelands lost his leg to a giant sand shark attack. Now he only dares to approach the water’s edges but fish he must to make a living. Unfortunately, it looks like he forgot to apply a sunblock potion due to the cork getting stuck or perhaps that’s a bottle of local Nascosta DOC.

Captain Cockatrice

IMG_3476.jpeg

Not much is known about this scoundrel but it has been rumored that her gaze is like an arrow and can petrify even the most valiant soldier or fierce scallywag. No wonder she hasn’t been caught... yet.

Giulio and Uberto

IMG_3479.jpeg

Two locals, a fisherman and fishergnome who have just brought in a fresh days' catch. 

Marco Marino

IMG_3473.jpeg

A retired sailor of sorts, he still pretends to command a vessel though might not remember that his sank when it hit a rock, the dwarves of which who used it as a beach house weren't too thrilled and chased him away to Nascosta. Regardless, he still enjoys his morning Kaliphlinian brew looking out at the rising sun over the inlet. 

Fiametta

IMG_3477.jpeg

One of the local bakers/chefs and perhaps the finest, Fiametta provides the town with enough delicious fire-baked goods to keep them full while out tending the vinyards built on high terraces or on a short fishing trip. 

Spoiler

I was primarily inspired by the Cinque Terre region on the coasts of Liguria and it finally gave me use for some pab pieces which made getting textures and angled pieces in a bit tricky but of course that's the fun part. The tower was inspired by a nearly identical one in Manarola and the blue house and boat ramp were inspired by those of Riomaggiore. 

Sans minifigs:

IMG_3470.jpeg

Grazie mille for looking! 

Edited by TalusMoonbreaker

Nice MOC with the bright colors of houses. The pirate with ice cream makes my day.

What a wonderful choice of colours! :wub: I'm also very impressed by how much detail (and how many houses!) you maange to pack on this footprint. The minifigs' expressions and posing is perfect too, and their backstories are excellent. Like @MrLind, I love Roberto and his Gelato!

Oh wow, I love how colourful this is. You put so many different colours in such a small MOC - great job! The different vibrant colours work well together. And using white as accent in every house really helps to keep the whole build together. Nice build! Brick on!

Definitely feeling the Varlyrio vibes in the builds! Great use of colours for the different little buildings

Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw that was "Manarola"! I would say that it is excellent news to bring to mind the inspiration material just by looking at it!  This is a lovely build.  I like the bold colors, the use of space (tall tower, fisher spilling forward), the angles of the buildings to one another, and the detail in the scene.  The individual mini introductions is great and gives us a close look at them, which is very nice. I particularly liked the choice of captain cockatrice's torso, head, and hair, which I think really go well together.  The texture on the stone docks is good, giving an aged feel but without being overly textured with gratuitous greebling.  The brick built shutters are very nice too, and really help keep the build to a smaller scale.  The various plants (grass, vines, etc.) growing on the corners and in all the cracks in the walkway help lend a sense of the maritime climate to the build.  Well done!