Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Kryptonite in the Bat Cave a tease for a sticker of superman in next year’s 4+ set?

New Batgirl I believe is the first Lego original Batman design in 3 years.

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

That is not a batcave? (it is a wall)

It's a 4+ set, it was never going to be anything but a simple structure.

The Batcave is okay I guess. The builds look more coherent than most 4+ ones, and some of the minifigures have new prints, I think?

8 minutes ago, definatearticle said:

I can't find the leak for the 4+, could anyone point me in the right direction? (Please and thankyou)

Check @PenPlays_ on Twitter.

Meh. Nice to see a new torso print for Batgirl, but that‘s about it :shrug_oh_well: At least there’s a Supes reference with the kryptonite :laugh: We’re at the point where even hinting at the existence of other DC charactes can be considered a win

Some kid who playtested the batcave definitely said they needed batgirl to look more similar to batman or some nonsense- so they added the oval

Lego dc really never picked up the slack

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

mmm.... ?? I will buy at least 1 set.

Thanks for letting us know

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The 4+ Batcave is bad, as expected. Man and Jonkler are reused from last year’s 4+ Batmobile, but we do get a new Batgirl torso - That I do not think she has ever worn before! 😑
Also, why is Jonkler stealing Kryptonite?? 

Jonkler needs the kryptonite to pay off his pizza tab at luigi's, and luigi needs the kryptonite as a topping for his new pizza.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It is truly bizarre - I even checked to make sure that they did not just reuse the BTAS Batman torso for her! 

Why are we questioning the Jonkler's motives? Are we stupid? 

It's such a weird choice even for this theme. They took the time to make a new print, and chose for it to be based on... no one.... ok.

Also, should have been Robin. He needs to show up somewhere.

As for the last question, you know the answer.

10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

That is not a batcave? (it is a wall)

Thanks for the clarification

8 hours ago, definatearticle said:

I can't find the leak for the 4+, could anyone point me in the right direction? (Please and thankyou)

Welcome to eurobricks, love the profile picture. It did get lost in the shuffle a bit, but some others have responded with one of the guys who has it up.

mmm.... ??

me when I'm eating at Luigi's pizza but then see the Jonkler show up with a green rock.

I'm more of a casual DC fan, so I really don't have much skin in the game here.

But gosh--this new wave of sets looks soooo bad when compared to the new wave from other themes. It really makes you wonder what's going on internally. Are sales down? Is WB greatly restricting what Lego can do with this theme? What happened to all of the creative energy the theme had back in 2015-2017?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, should have been Robin. He needs to show up somewhere.

The most Glaring case of this was the fig scale 66 Batmobile, it had the set for Robin but then included the Joker ( who some of you may know for some twisted reason as his alias of the Jonkler).

But hey if they've started looking at the DCAU then maybe we'll see Terry's batman one day :wub::wub::wub:

If any Lego designers are reading this I recommend that you record yourself whispering 'Batman Beyond, Batman Beyond, Batman Beyond' and then play it to yourself whilst you sleep. No reason... Just have fun! 

Other coloured lanterns when? 

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 4/30/2024 at 11:59 AM, CloneCommando99 said:

Justice League hero Family members/ prime earth versions of the main justice League that we are yet to get:

Superman: Jon Kent, Power girl (probably never going to be made for obvious reasons) and Steel.

Batman: Spoiler, Signal, Bluebird, Batwing, Red Robin, Robin (Carrie Kelly), Jace Fox and Cassandra Cain.

Wonder Woman: Hippolyta, Artemis and literally all the Wonder-Girls (+ their respective later mantles)

Green Lantern (earth-born only): Guy Gardner (probably the biggest crime as he’s had a leading roll in the Bizarro Lego Justice League film), Kyle Rayner, Jo Mullein, Alan Scott and Teen Lantern.

Flash: All Kid-Flashes and Impulse.

Aquaman: Lagoon boy, all Aqua-lads and Aqua-girls.

Cyborg: Doesn’t have a family 😢

Green Arrow: Literally everyone in the arrow family except for Green Arrow, Speedy and Black Canary.

Did I miss anyone?

The fact that we never got Wally West or a proper Raven will always annoy me

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Other coloured lanterns when? 

Ah a fellow Green Lantern fan. At last! 
My desires:
Blue: Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Flash and most importantly Saint Walker!

White: Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan and Sinestro.

Red: Bleez, Rankorr Atrocitus and Guy Gardner.

Orange: Larfleeze for this slot: “Mine!!”

Indigo: probably least likely but Indigo 1 and John Stewart

Star Sapphire: Carol Ferris, Wonder Woman and Superman.

Lanterns are probably the DC property (aside from Batman) that have the most set potential.

Posted (edited)

What a WONDEFULL day!!! Yes finally! I bought Shadow Box and it was used and build ready. (a slightly disappointed that I did not by it NEW! :) ))))....... wauuu!!!

... and what a coincidence LEGO puts out new sets at same time :))) what a Wonderfull dayyyyy thiiiissss iiiissssss.

Spoiler

Now I am thinking Netflix because there is whole BTAS episodes. ALL OF THEM!!!

Edited by legoturtle

5 hours ago, legoturtle said:

I will buy at least 1 set

is that including the shadowbox?

I bought Shadow Box today.

BTAS Batmobile is DAY 1 for me. 

After that probably the mech and batcave (wall). I don't like sets which are not minifigure scale. BUT Brickheadz are ok. Batman + Kylo Ren coming to me. That 7 in 1 set is mystery. Art Set. That is not so good :/ I am a bit disappointed. I wanted Gotham City skyline, BUT that does not work.

I just put that S.B. to parts. I go trough them and wash. After that I try to make a MOC from it for Finland LEGO fair.

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Wait, when was Speedy given a LEGO figure?

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

He was a Comic con exclusive.

Arrowverse Arsenal (Roy Harper), specifically. 

I was actually considering getting that Batgirl torso, even if the oval symbol makes no sense for her, just so I could make a gray and black Batgirl without the backpack. But lo and behold, she’s got the backpack straps again. :(

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Meh. Nice to see a new torso print for Batgirl, but that‘s about it :shrug_oh_well: At least there’s a Supes reference with the kryptonite :laugh: We’re at the point where even hinting at the existence of other DC charactes can be considered a win

Even when that character is Superman. It's not like it's an egg for an unreleased character.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As for the last question, you know the answer.

Can't believe I missed that one.

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

After that probably the mech and batcave (wall). I don't like sets which are not minifigure scale.

Not long ago you were singing the praises of the Bat Pod set.

4 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

I'm more of a casual DC fan, so I really don't have much skin in the game here.

But gosh--this new wave of sets looks soooo bad when compared to the new wave from other themes. It really makes you wonder what's going on internally. Are sales down? Is WB greatly restricting what Lego can do with this theme? What happened to all of the creative energy the theme had back in 2015-2017?

Love it or hate it, but Justice League quavered too much at the box office to propel the franchise forward in the same way the MCU did. Lego went all in on the sets for it and either they didn't sell well enough or the film's reception was enough to affect Lego's decision. When you consider how well Aquaman did and got one set and a tie-in, and that Shazam got a polybag figure and a tie-in cameo, and then the DCEU-Lego love-in died, it is unfortunate and annoying, but hopefully the rebooted franchise will revive confidence in it.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

shadowbox

Lego Real Steel when? (How has it taken me that long to come up with that joke)

(wall)

My favorite spider-man villain 

55 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I was actually considering getting that Batgirl torso, even if the oval symbol makes no sense for her, just so I could make a gray and black Batgirl without the backpack. But lo and behold, she’s got the backpack straps again. :(

The fact that there are literally zero benefits to this torso is so odd. Why would they go through the effort to make a new print? What benefit does this provide to anyone? Lego spends more money, and I doubt that torso is going to net them more than a double-digit number of new sales.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

Can't believe I missed that one.

Not long ago you were singing the praises of the Bat Pod set.

I'm sure you'll have more opportunities, this theme isn't going to have a quality increase anytime soon.

I think you might have to stop expecting consistency from our shelled friend here. The general batman premise seems to be the only throughline, much like this theme as a whole.

Batgirl from 2013 is goated and can't be done better.

Pretty funny how we all expected the 4+ set to be based on BTAS, only thing we did get for that was the Art set and the Batmobile, feels like we're just getting scraps and Marvel gets the good stuff, us DC fans are a pack of Hyena's scavenging for some DC sets and Marvel fans are Lions getting everything :(

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:

I bought Shadow Box today.

BTAS Batmobile is DAY 1 for me. 

After that probably the mech and batcave (wall). I don't like sets which are not minifigure scale. BUT Brickheadz are ok. Batman + Kylo Ren coming to me. That 7 in 1 set is mystery. Art Set. That is not so good :/ I am a bit disappointed. I wanted Gotham City skyline, BUT that does not work.

I just put that S.B. to parts. I go trough them and wash. After that I try to make a MOC from it for Finland LEGO fair.

I'll pay you 1000 euro to review the set and create a YT channel and a Reddit where you can get even more followers to listen to the insanity, The Aslume isn't quite full yet so there's more room for some more patients to join 

''You look up at the sky hoping for Superman to save you, I look up at the sky hoping legoturtle will save me, We are not the same''

11 hours ago, legoturtle said:

What a WONDEFULL day!!! Yes finally! I bought Shadow Box and it was used and build ready. (a slightly disappointed that I did not by it NEW! :) ))))....... wauuu!!!

... and what a coincidence LEGO puts out new sets at same time :))) what a Wonderfull dayyyyy thiiiissss iiiissssss.

Hide contents

Now I am thinking Netflix because there is whole BTAS episodes. ALL OF THEM!!!

not to burst your bubble, but they only have about 60 of the btas episodes. 

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Batgirl from 2013 is goated and can't be done better.

Excuse you, that figure is based off the New 52 where she very much had gold boots with the Bat insignia at the helm/where the boots meet her knees. She very much needed dual molded legs with leg printing at that. Heck even the belt printed on her lower torso makes more sense being printed on her hip. The bar is very very very low so of course she is easily the best, but let’s not pretend that figure was made without flaw. I just wish we got the Lego Batman Movie production budget, on an actually comic accurate Batgirl. She tend to need both dual molded legs and leg printing due to the nature of her boots. I guess if we got Young Justice Batgirl we could skip the leg printing, but she would need some upper arm printing. Honestly most Superhero characters need a greater attention to detail than the company is willing to provide. This is true for both Marvel and DC characters. 

Speaking of the bar being low, am I crazy for thinking this is the strongest Summer Wave we’ve had in a while?? I mean a new Mr Freeze, a new Batgirl (even if she looks ridiculous) , and the Bat Pod looks amazing? Once again standards are low but I view this as a small stepping stone for the company. Who knows maybe things will pick up pace.