Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

No wonder people are fed up with batwings, since Lego realised what's basically the same batwing in 2006, 2012, 2018, 2019 and 2023. Lego has got only three options left:

1) 4+ Batwing (most probably)

2) TNBA Batwing (very unlikely)

3) Best of all - Arkham origins Batwing!!! (Remember the RC Batmobile? This is not impossible!)

I would instantly throw down my money if Lego ever decided to make an Arkham Asylum Batwing. Ever since I first saw it in the game, it's become my favorite design bar none. It's not just another Batwing that's in the shape of the logo for once, but it still has enough of the 'bat' motif to be easily recognizable (if only I could say the same for the Arkham City/Knight designs). 

KEIuynJ.png

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I think the thing to consider with Batman movie legacy sets is that’s already what we’ve been getting for the past four years. The most memorable scenes in every Batman movie either center around the cave or one of the various Bat-Vehicles. The only exceptions that come to mind are either scenes that wouldn’t translate well to sets (acts of terrorism like Bane blowing up a stadium, brutal character deaths like Gambol and Penguin, scenes that don’t scream Batman such as Batman Begins training montage which is just a shirtless guy fighting ninjas, and scenes like the Joker interrogation which just wouldn’t make great sets) or are from the Schumacher films that Lego is understandably not going to touch. 

I can think of one potential exception and it is simply another set that would give us another Batman and Joker :/ Whether its a faithful diorama or a playset that hits some key notes of gargoyles, falling bells and a treacherous environment, its the final confrontation of Batman 89. A TDK Two-Face would be cool, but that would be a rooftop and a guy threatening to kill kids as the action. So maybe he happens in 5-10 years if the line and interest in that trilogy still exists but its just Two-Face in a new Tumbler instead of Scarecrow. Now we only got the BAT, Bane and a camo Tumbler in 2013 but... did the BAT make an impression? I do not feel like it did. I feel like there is a reason every Batwing is basically the same set, because it is iconic (I think the newest one has knocked all the other ones of its type out the park though). Same with a BvS one (probably ready to sell my original one). I think every Batmobile is many people's favourite but not every Batwing. Not most Batwings.

Even if we got Endgame/No Way Home diaroma style sets its hard to imagine sequences to hit with that (admittedly biased because as much as we wanted dioramas those Marvel ones fell flat for me). The already mentioned clock tower for sure, admittedly. Maybe a collapsing Wayne Manor but thats Bruce and the League not Batman and the League. And Ra's Al Ghul is just a guy in a suit there. Bane breaking Batman might be a stronger pick, just do the water behind them, the railing, and the two figures, likely one of those sets that can be for play or display like the Rey vs Kylo Ren Starkiller Forest fight set if anyone knows that one. 2022 has some personal all-time Batman scenes; I can imagine a build that is Batman grappling up the police stairwell as they chase up the stairs, then on the other side have him leaping off as more police men watch in shock. Its a set that needs too many figures and its all cops, real exciting. Then theres finding the sweet spot of price, scale and the gorgeous facade of that building. As a second pick I want to imagine the flooded stadium and the red flare but... that sounds more like a MOC. Too many Batman moments are MOCs not sets. And a World/House of the Future from Phantasm would be exciting but oh that is another Joker. Unique character in his wife though. Its an interesting enough location, maybe include a bit of the coaster for more play, and ofc have Batman and Phantasm for the fight.

I think sticking to classic movie moments is going to be a challenge but there's not the faith in more interesting stuff, anything outside of the movies. The Penguin car from TLBM and the duck boat from a year or so earlier were both good sets that gave us memorable things in a way that made a good Lego set. The Joker's Bulldozer in 2014 felt like a deleted scene from 89, complete with a new suit print, fedora, bang gun and a very 89 Goon though entirely original, plus our first Damian and any Batgirl. But the 2010s had their share of complaints in made up vehicles

Went on a ramble there, all about what will not happen. And all these impossibilities are ones constrained to a safe fantasy of only ever getting Batman. And maybe a Superman 2 Fortress set with Zod and co.

According to Falconfan, there will be some sort of 18+ Super Heroes set releasing in October with 1822 pieces, under the set number 76328.  I wonder if this mystery set could be for DC, considering the X-Mansion already has a different set number and piece count attached to it.

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if this mystery set could be for DC, considering the X-Mansion already has a different set number and piece count attached to it.

Let's hope this will be a DC set, since there are more than enough Marvel sets... 

I'm hoping it's something minifigure scale at least.  The piece count of 1822 makes me wonder if it could be a BTAS Arkham Asylum.  That isn't too far off from the piece counts of the 2013 Arkham (1619) or the 2017 TLBM Arkham (1628), and we haven't gotten a non-4+ Arkham since then.  Plus, some minifigures from the summer wave could probably be reused.  

36 minuti fa, spiderfan2000 ha detto:

Spero che sia almeno qualcosa di scala minifigure. Il conteggio dei pezzi del 1822 mi fa chiedere se potrebbe essere un BTAS Arkham Asylum.

I hope Arkham Returns will be a $500

Piece counts are also up for DC. Apparently everything but the Gotham City display is slated for June.

Still no word on what they are, except Batman.

Edited by psqidexslizer

According to Falconfan, the summer wave consists of:

• 76270 $14.99 6+ (140 pieces) June 2024
  • 76271 Batman: the Animated Series Gotham City $299.99 18+ (4208 pieces) April 2024
  • 76272 $39.99 4+ (180 pieces) June 2024
  • 76273 $69.99 12+ (713 pieces) June 2024
  • 76274 $59.99 8+ (435 pieces) June 2024

39 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping it's something minifigure scale at least.  The piece count of 1822 makes me wonder if it could be a BTAS Arkham Asylum.

Arkham would be nice, but it also may be a BTAS batcave. In this case we could get a new Alfred minifigure. If it has some Wayne manor parts, the inclusion of Phantasm in the set would be reasonable 

21 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

Arkham would be nice, but it also may be a BTAS batcave. In this case we could get a new Alfred minifigure. If it has some Wayne manor parts, the inclusion of Phantasm in the set would be reasonable 

A Batcave could be a possibility, assuming that LEGO doesn't have any issues with having two big 18+ Batcaves available at the same time.

Or it’s another large-scale Batvehicle, which is what I’m betting on :laugh: 

After the last coupla years, you’re expecting an Arkham or Batcave/Wayne Manor set? :look: Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment…

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

After the last coupla years, you’re expecting an Arkham or Batcave/Wayne Manor set? :look: Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment…

A BTAS batwing, probably? It's large enough...

P. S. : I hate BTAS batwing...

Edited by Max_Lego

26 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

According to Falconfan, the summer wave consists of:

• 76270 $14.99 6+ (140 pieces) June 2024
  • 76271 Batman: the Animated Series Gotham City $299.99 18+ (4208 pieces) April 2024
  • 76272 $39.99 4+ (180 pieces) June 2024
  • 76273 $69.99 12+ (713 pieces) June 2024
  • 76274 $59.99 8+ (435 pieces) June 2024

These are some good price points!

Here's my hope, assuming the buildible figure type set is still one as rumored:

$14.99: Batcycle: Catwoman chase: Batman and Catwoman

$39.99: 4+ Batwing vs mr. freeze's snowmobile: Batman and Mr. Freeze.

$59.99: Buildible Batman on Bat-cycle: no figures

$69.99: The Batcave: Batman, Alfred, Joker, Phantasm, and Robin.

Wait the theme is actually Lego Batman now ?

Because that's how FalconFan is listing the sets

Cant wait for all the Jokers and Harleys 

Edited by Robert8

tandnbricks posted a picture of the Bat Pod from Dark Knight on his IG story earlier today, so would assume it’s that

Edited by Caps Beard

1 minute ago, Caps Beard said:

tandnbricks posted a picture of the Bat Pod from Dark Knight on his IG story earlier today, so would assume it’s that

Probably - nobody approved that all sets will be based on BTAS

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping it's something minifigure scale at least.  The piece count of 1822 makes me wonder if it could be a BTAS Arkham Asylum.  That isn't too far off from the piece counts of the 2013 Arkham (1619) or the 2017 TLBM Arkham (1628), and we haven't gotten a non-4+ Arkham since then.  Plus, some minifigures from the summer wave could probably be reused.  

I like this idea,  it makes senses! I'm hoping there is someone in the lego office who still appreciates DC! 

76274 must be sixty bucks for a Batmobile. Sixty bucks is way too much for a Batmobile.

43 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

A BTAS batwing, probably? It's large enough...

P. S. : I hate BTAS batwing...

or the BAS Batmobile D2C. 

9 minutes ago, icm said:

76274 must be sixty bucks for a Batmobile. Sixty bucks is way too much for a Batmobile.

inflation greed bud. Lego increases prices now ensuring more profits,  knowing that most retail will drop it down anywhere between 10 to 30% off. 

7 minutes ago, icm said:

I'm pretty sure the Batmobile from The LEGO Batman Movie was also $60, so there's some precedent for a Batmobile at that price point, though that one had 581 pieces.

18 minutes ago, icm said:

6 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm pretty sure the Batmobile from The LEGO Batman Movie was also $60, so there's some precedent for a Batmobile at that price point, though that one had 581 pieces.

Additionally, the ‘66 Batmobile and Pattinson Batmobile were both $30 upon release, then the Tumbler was $40, and the Keaton Batmobile is $48. They just keep going up, so I could (unfortunately) see LEGO increasing the price yet again. Hopefully it comes with more than two minifigures. 

Sounds like the Batpod is the mystery 18+ set might be the Bat-Pod. It’d be great to get either Catwoman or Two Face based on TDKT. Both would be amazing, obviously, but even just one would be good.

Just now, glucklegobatman said:

Falconfan posted something talking about an 8 in 1 batman figure. Any idea what 8 in 1 means?

Just when we thought this theme couldn’t be any more Batman focused, they go and make Batman x8 set.

I really don’t get how the Batman set list still isn’t confirmed if it’s due for April.

Also, with TandNBricks posting a Batpod on their story, the $14.99 set being a Batpod would be awesome.

Edited by Kaijumeister