Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/11/2024 at 11:30 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

They'll never do it- especially seeing as he was on a team with a guy who's power is to commit a sex crime and dogwelder himself has a pretty literal powerset- but it would be hilarious to see him show up somewhere.

Oh yeah, it's completely unlikely. But his costume is just a welding mask and a gray jumpsuit, so he isn't tricky to make a custom of anyway. :shrug_oh_well:

It'd be kind of sad if LEGO doesn't do BTAS stuff long enough to get around to including Two-Face, a minifigure Clayface, Mad Hatter, and/or the Ventriloquist.

Assuming we get Mr. Freeze (and I am disappointed by them using the orb instead of a dome), Two-Face in a black and white suit is the only BTAS variant I really want. But an affordable Catwoman (heh), Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, and (finally a) Mad Hatter would all be exciting.

We'll see. Anything would be better than last year's minifigures. And I'm always up for a cool Batmobile, even if I wish that we could get more than just that and the Batwing.

On 1/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, PGBQW said:

The inmates are taking over the aslume

It's the Freakin' Bat

On 1/11/2024 at 9:21 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

There are 3 sets with minifigs besides the skyline. Given 3 of the fig slots will be taken by batman, and unless one of those three sets is a batcave or something else big, there's likely 7-8 fig slots MAX across them, I honestly only think we see 1 or two characters not in the skyline- Phantasm and Freeze, since they've been hinted at.

I honestly think that would be a good thing- putting the more unique villains in the system sets gives kids (and adults who don't want to shell out hundreds on the skyline) a chance at getting them. Assuming it'd have been the same number of new prints either way, I think getting new designs and figures in the cheaper sets is an absolute positive for the theme.

This is my actual guess (I am not making a jonkler joke here, this is legitimate):

Skyline: Batman, Jonkler, Harley, Catwoman.

Buildible Figure: Batman buildible figure, no minifigs.

Batwing Battle: BTAS Batwing and some sort of jonkler vehicle with Batman, Jonkler, and Phantasm. If we're lucky, Robin,

Batmobile: BTAS Batmobile with Batman and a re-used villain from the skyline- we'll say Catwoman.

Bat Cycle vs Mr. Freeze: Batman and Mr. Freeze.

Do we have set numbers for BTAS sets? I didn't know we were getting more than the skyline 

Edited by Callistereo

1 hour ago, Callistereo said:

Do we have set numbers for BTAS sets? I didn't know we were getting more than the skyline 

Reliable leakers say there are 5 batman sets coming this year, and I believe they're stated to all be BTAS, though I'm not quite as confident on that. One is the skyline of course, and one is supposed to be a buildable figure, so there's three spots left for system BTAS sets.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Batman (DC Superheroes) hahahahahah

Another inmate joins the aslume. 

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Reliable leakers say there are 5 batman sets coming this year, and I believe they're stated to all be BTAS, though I'm not quite as confident on that. One is the skyline of course, and one is supposed to be a buildable figure, so there's three spots left for system BTAS sets.

Another inmate joins the aslume. 

August releases? I imagine the same as the marvel wave

3 hours ago, Callistereo said:

August releases? I imagine the same as the marvel wave

I think they’re actually supposed to come out in the spring!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We know one of those five is a Batmobile, one is related to a buildable figure, and at least one is 4+ (I think it was confirmed not to be the Batmobile, but I might be wrong).

29 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

We know one of those five is a Batmobile, one is related to a buildable figure, and at least one is 4+ (I think it was confirmed not to be the Batmobile, but I might be wrong).

Isn‘t the 4+ set a Batwing?

Yeah, my excitement for these sets has dropped quite significantly. Looks like we’ll get a repeat of last year: a 4+ set, a buildable figure, two sets with a few mediocre minifigs, and a huge D2C set with 4-5 decent minifigs :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I think they’re actually supposed to come out in the spring!

shouldn't we have leaks for them pretty soon then?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Isn‘t the 4+ set a Batwing?

Yeah, my excitement for these sets has dropped quite significantly. Looks like we’ll get a repeat of last year: a 4+ set, a buildable figure, two sets with a few mediocre minifigs, and a huge D2C set with 4-5 decent minifigs :shrug_oh_well:

I don’t think a Batwing was ever confirmed, or even hinted at.

Thinking back, I’m not sure the Batmobile was confirmed either, just hinted at.

11 hours ago, Callistereo said:

76270 (15€), 76271 (300€), 76272 (40€), 76273 (70€), and 76274 (60€).

76271 is the Gotham City Skyline D2C. It's based on Batman: The Animated Series.

We know very little about the rest of the wave. A Batmobile based on BTAS is rumoured. 76272 is rumoured to be a 4+ Batwing. 

Truth be told, we don't know if anything besides the D2C is based on The Animated Series.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76270 (15€), 76271 (300€), 76272 (40€), 76273 (70€), and 76274 (60€).

76271 is the Gotham City Skyline D2C. It's based on Batman: The Animated Series.

We know very little about the rest of the wave. A Batmobile based on BTAS is rumoured. 76272 is rumoured to be a 4+ Batwing. 

Truth be told, we don't know if anything besides the D2C is based on The Animated Series.

I hope for location builds, I think we have enough batwings and batmobiles 

This theme should head in Marvel's recent direction. Start releasing specific scenes from various movies and cover them extensively. Imagine a Penguin's Zoo lair from Batman Returns?

3 hours ago, Callistereo said:

I hope for location builds, I think we have enough batwings and batmobiles 

You will be thoroughly disappointed then. :tongue:

5 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

This theme should head in Marvel's recent direction. Start releasing specific scenes from various movies and cover them extensively. Imagine a Penguin's Zoo lair from Batman Returns?

Yeah, I think this could be good. Make a "DC Legacy" sub-brand or something, and make sets based on the movies people know like the Keaton Batman or Reeve Superman films. I feel like they've already dipped their toe in this with TDK trilogy sets.

1 minute ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

[…] and make sets based on the movies people know like the Keaton Batman or Reeve Superman films. I feel like they've already dipped their toe in this with TDK trilogy sets.

We technically got that last year, and ended up with three Batsy vs Jonkler sets :laugh_hard:

Unless Superman Legacy revives the theme next year, it’ll be curtains at some point :tongue:

With most of this year’s sets now confirmed surely it’s not long until a DC list is revealed? Keeping my expectations lower than the Batcave but can’t deny I’m excited at the prospect of BTAS coverage, even if it’s just another Batmobile and Batwing.

23 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

With most of this year’s sets now confirmed surely it’s not long until a DC list is revealed? Keeping my expectations lower than the Batcave but can’t deny I’m excited at the prospect of BTAS coverage, even if it’s just another Batmobile and Batwing.

I have a slight bit of hope lego won't just do that, if for no other reason that having two copies of very similar looking batmobiles and batwings on shelves at the same time is such an astoundingly bad move, even for DC. You're cannibalizing probably a good 50-75% of your own sales. No kid is gonna buy a batwing, then a nearly identical batwing, even if the villain is BTAS jonkler instead of Burton Jonkler. The batmobile might do slightly better, especially if it's back at a normal price point, in which case you're still gonna decimate any future sales of the $50 batmobile, but at least it's had a year on shelves already.

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We technically got that last year, and ended up with three Batsy vs Jonkler sets :laugh_hard:

Unless Superman Legacy revives the theme next year, it’ll be curtains at some point :tongue:

Just so long as we get a UCS aslume before it ends. (With justice league figures) (Batman called them after all the "is he stupid" memes.)

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or Lego will just coast on Batman legacy sets in between Batman movies. Kinda like what they’re doing now.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I have a slight bit of hope lego won't just do that, if for no other reason that having two copies of very similar looking batmobiles and batwings on shelves at the same time is such an astoundingly bad move, even for DC. You're cannibalizing probably a good 50-75% of your own sales. No kid is gonna buy a batwing, then a nearly identical batwing, even if the villain is BTAS jonkler instead of Burton Jonkler. The batmobile might do slightly better, especially if it's back at a normal price point, in which case you're still gonna decimate any future sales of the $50 batmobile, but at least it's had a year on shelves already.

Just so long as we get a UCS aslume before it ends. (With justice league figures) (Batman called them after all the "is he stupid" memes.)

the Burton mobile/batwing are slated to retire by December of this year as of now

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No kid is gonna buy a batwing, then a nearly identical batwing, even if the villain is BTAS jonkler instead of Burton Jonkler. 

No wonder people are fed up with batwings, since Lego realised what's basically the same batwing in 2006, 2012, 2018, 2019 and 2023. Lego has got only three options left:

1) 4+ Batwing (most probably)

2) TNBA Batwing (very unlikely)

3) Best of all - Arkham origins Batwing!!! (Remember the RC Batmobile? This is not impossible!)

Proper Batman Legacy sets visiting each of the films with sufficient detail over several years would be terrific, and a great way to avoid the constant Batman and Joker Batmobiles. But, presumably, that's what sells, so...

I think the thing to consider with Batman movie legacy sets is that’s already what we’ve been getting for the past four years. The most memorable scenes in every Batman movie either center around the cave or one of the various Bat-Vehicles. The only exceptions that come to mind are either scenes that wouldn’t translate well to sets (acts of terrorism like Bane blowing up a stadium, brutal character deaths like Gambol and Penguin, scenes that don’t scream Batman such as Batman Begins training montage which is just a shirtless guy fighting ninjas, and scenes like the Joker interrogation which just wouldn’t make great sets) or are from the Schumacher films that Lego is understandably not going to touch.