Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related DC Superhero discussion throughout 2024--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego DC Superhero discussion. 

Enjoy! 

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

B

A

T

M

A

N

J

O

N

K

L

E

R

But yeah, this made me laugh and is pretty correct. The last DC set to not be based on Batman or a member of the bat-family was the WW84 tie-in in 2020, wasn't it?

On 1/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, psqidexslizer said:

Any chance we can get this forum name changed to Batman 2024 - Rumors & Discussion?

Is it guaranteed nothing else besides Batman is coming out?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I don’t believe so, thus far we know that some Batman: The Animated Series sets are on the way but that’s about it. Wouldn’t be outlandish to assume we won’t get anything non-Batman at this point, however.

Having skipped last year’s Keaton sets, I’m more excited for this year, these BTAS sets should certainly pop more, hopefully. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There’s better odds of us making first contact with extraterrestrial life forms than of us getting non-Batman DC sets this year.

Edited by psqidexslizer

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The last non-Batman DC set was in 2020- a tie-in for wonder woman 2, and the only DC film scheduled for this year is Joker 2. A Superman movie is coming in 2025, but it's not until July of that year, so there is no chance the sets for it release in 2024. It's pretty safe to say the only sets this year will be batman, as they have been for all comic and legacy film sets since 2020 CMF and the 2018 sets.

Posted (edited)

If Lego really wants to stick to the Batman route for this year, I wouldn't say no to them going further down the DCAU rabbit hole and possibly/finally making a Batman Beyond set. They've opened that can of worms by making sets based on The Animated Series, why not go all the way and keep going with this year long movie drought. Getting sets based on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited would be the next dream, but I think a Beyond set has a higher chance than those unfortunately.

Alternatively, if they want to make more comic based sets, bringing back the Batman/2000s Hush Batsuit minifigure from the 2021 accessory pack is a must (obviously with no dual molded legs/leg printing with the trunks to let the 2021 minifigure retain some sort of exclusivity like with the Marvel CMF Series 2 Wolverine vs Wolverine in the X-Jet). Batman has been wearing this suit in the comics since 2018, and from what we've seen in the past with the New 52 and Rebirth minifigures, Lego usually likes to make sure their Batman minifigure stays current with whatever Batsuit is being worn in the main canon comics at the time. 

Plus, it could give the DC sets a nostalgia boost as the kids who grew up with this Batsuit design from the 2006 sets/2008 videogame are now all grown up and would no doubt throw their money at getting another chance at an updated version of the 2006 minifigure. I'm still pretty shocked that Lego just threw this Batsuit in one random accessory pack from 3 years ago and never used it again (so far), I'd be spamming it in sets as much as that accursed 2012 black Batsuit minifigure if I could.

Edited by TheBatstan

I'm crossing my fingers that a TNBA Batgirl minifigure will be realised (though the odds are extremely against that). New Riddler (BTAS, of course), Gordon and Alfred minifigures will also be welcome. And I also hope we'll get new characters, like the Ventriloquist

Feel like BTAS Riddler and Two-Face would be two recognisable characters not done in their iconic looks for a good while now (not specifically BTAS but both of them in their suits and Two-Face specifically in black and white). Personally nothing is going to beat the Billy D Williams one but... that has to be on a lot of people's radar. A Two-Face that is not bronze age or with a meta melted hair piece.

Also agree it would be nice to see the Hush suit or Terry. I think BTAS would have to do real well for them to consider Beyond though. Thats not something that happens in the same year as finally returning to BTAS for the first time since the original line really. This line is played so safe getting more than Joker is a blessing

You know the theme is in a dire state when the prospect of any character that isn‘t Batsy, the Jonkler, or Harley Quinn almost sounds too good to be true :laugh_hard:

BTAS sets have so much potential, let‘s hope they don‘t squander it!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You know the theme is in a dire state when the prospect of any character that isn‘t Batsy, the Jonkler, or Harley Quinn almost sounds too good to be true :laugh_hard:

Lego DC fans when we get Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, and Harley Quinn all in the same year.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ssXKV91JXubirZsv7

More boring Batman sets…

But I am only interested in BTAS stuf only.  If it’s not BTAS I’m out. 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:13 PM, psqidexslizer said:

There’s better odds of us making first contact with extraterrestrial life forms than of us getting non-Batman DC sets this year.

Yes please!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The name of the thread tho

It’s accurate tho! :laugh_hard: The chances of any non-Batman DC sets this year are as close to 0 as you can get, so it makes sense :tongue: This turned into a Batman theme a while ago

Posted (edited)

Is there a lore reason as to why lego won't release a man minifigure? Are they stupid?

Edited by PGBQW

26 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is there a lore reason as to lego won't release a man minifigure? Are they stupid?

I never expected to see an Arkham Reddit joke on Eurobricks lol

3 minutes ago, novareb said:

The inmates are taking over the aslume

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thank you for using Jonkler's correct name, but c'mon. It's lego DC. Potential, prepare to be squandered!

We'll get the only three figures we regularly get (Batman, Jonkler, HQ), probably a Robin, and if we're lucky, Phantasm and 1-2 other mainstay villains in the skyline. If we get a villain besides Jonkler or Harley in the system sets I'd regard it as an incredible victory for Man's universe.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The name of the thread tho

The prophecy has been fufilled.

29 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is there a lore reason as to lego won't release a man minifigure? Are they stupid?

Is there a lore reason lego only releases Man and Jonklr figures? Why don't they call the lego justice league? Are they stupid?

2 minutes ago, novareb said:

Go back and check the marvel and dc 2023 threads, we made a good number.

Just now, PGBQW said:

The inmates are taking over the aslume

@Clone OPatra, I know you just renamed the thread, but we need "Man 2024 - Rumors and Discussion" ASAP! :laugh:

Jokes aside, that is honestly how it feels when it comes to the management of this theme. I understand it on some level- play it safe. Batman and Jonkler focus. Bat-vehicles. Sure. But you're telling me your marketing guys think it would actively be worse for you if Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc were in the sets too? You don't think those would help them sell?

The $50 batmobile is warmin shelves at my local walmart, and I honestly think even just one other fig could have helped significantly.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is there a lore reason lego only releases Man and Jonklr figures? Why don't they call the lego justice league? Are they stupid?

This was very good

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Go back and check the marvel and dc 2023 threads, we made a good number.

I don't usually check them, so that explains why I hadn't seen them haha

"Batman (DC) 2024" is a case study in "Wolverine (X-Men) 2024".

Sad but true.

Edited by hikouki

In 2025 will be

4+ Batman Sets and Key Chains Rumors and Discussion

And in 2026 will be

In loving memory of the DC theme (2006-2024) Rumors ans Discussion

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s accurate tho! :laugh_hard: The chances of any non-Batman DC sets this year are as close to 0 as you can get, so it makes sense :tongue: This turned into a Batman theme a while ago

They didnt need to be this savage about it 😭🤣

Edited by Robert8