Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

So LEGO can make sets for adults BUT not from DC & Batman?

Lego sets for adults tend to be more difficult or bigger than regular sets, rather than being adult themed. Lego does not produce sets for every DC film or TV show, and it really won't produce sets for the ones that have an adult rating. 

6 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Might anyone of you own the Killercroc bigfig from TLBM? I am wondering if it will fit inside an IKEA Sannahed frame?

I just ordered that bigfig from BL, and I am in the process of ordering some custom Sannahed display frames. I know that the regular bigfigs fit very well. Some of the LOTR special mould bigfigs do not fit Sannahed frames.

I don't have a frame to check but looking at the various dimensions I would say that he won't fit, not even side on. He's a big boy.

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

So LEGO can make sets for adults BUT not from DC & Batman?

Ok, I went back, because I thought I was going crazy, since I KNEW we'd talked about this, and we had-

On 3/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, legoturtle said:

Well we might get new animation series. Batman: Caped Crusader. (They made set from The Batman Animated Series).

Then 2025 we might get The Batman 2. This year MAYBE Joker 2. So DC is important. WE ALL HOPE that TLG would hear us. Please make sets from these 3 for ADULTS!!! And others... Marvel goes down. I really hope so.

On 3/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

we are not getting joker two sets. Nor do I think it would be a good idea to do so. I think the joker movie was excellent, and hope the second will be as well, but they are pretty heavily R-rated, and VERY mature. Lego does not do sets for R-rated films. Hard stop. There's no "maybe", they don't. And if they do ever break that rule, it'd be for something like deadpool- a big spectacle movie, not a grounded tragedy with no powers or superheroes. 

Again, I am not trying to be rude, but we've talked about this exact thing like two weeks ago! You've brought this up before and people have explained that lego doesn't do sets for R/TV-MA/M properties! Lego's policy did not change in the two week interval.

On 3/23/2024 at 4:15 PM, cosmic said:

it's a shame they didn't capitalize off of Young Justice when it aired. Artemis, Superboy, Miss, Martian, heck most of the cast would not need new moulds or even leg printing. Come to think of it, Bumblebee, Klarion, and Bart Allen/Wally West (who could share a mould for goggles/hair) would be the only ones to introduce new moulds. I would have loved a wave focused on this show.

I agree back when it was first airing, but I believe the newer seasons, while still rated ok for kids, were a lot more adult focused and based on more mature topics. While it was a superhero cartoon, I don't think it was something kids were watching a la the DCAU back in the day. Which reinforces the notion that what lego DC needs for any sort of comic-based sets is a mainline cartoon aimed at kids to keep Batman in their mind.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I don't have a frame to check but looking at the various dimensions I would say that he won't fit, not even side on. He's a big boy.

Might anyone have any suggestions as to which frames might fit these bigfigs? Killercroc and LOTR?

Been searching around and IKEA's US offerings are quite limited. :(

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hikouki said:

Might anyone have any suggestions as to which frames might fit these bigfigs? Killercroc and LOTR?

Been searching around and IKEA's US offerings are quite limited. :(

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/5-level-mini-figurine-display-case-43034109/

I did read once that Anko products were available in the US. Not sure if this is actually the case though. These fit the big-figs I have - 2016 Killer Croc, and Bane. Killer Croc is close to the top. Bane's tubes on his backpack fit but touch the top (flexible part).
Note that most Anko products are trash, and I had to return 2 of the 6 I bought in total due to issues with the cases (scratched perspex and case corners not joined properly). The clutch is not great, but you can replace the generic plates with Lego.

Edit - realised you are after an individual frame not a case. Disregard.

Edited by timemail

Posted (edited)

Right so as far as we know the $200 superhero D2C coming later this year is DC not Marvel. So what do we actually think it is? My heart wants it to be a small modular Arkham. But my Brain tells me that it will probably be a UCS Batpod.

Edited by CloneCommando99

4 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Right so as far as we know the $200 superhero D2C coming later this year is DC not Marvel. So what do we actually think it is? My heart wants it to be a small modular Arkham. But my Brain tells me that it will probably be a UCS Batpod.

My guess (more like, my hope) is a modular Daily Planet or GCPD.

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I don't think it'll be a batpod, if for no other reason than we're already getting a large-scale one this year. 

That said, a UCS bat-vehicle does seem more likely than a modular, and for $200, I'm not sure exactly what it would be. Maybe The Bat, or another movie batmobile. Maybe a UCS BTAS Batmobile.

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think it'll be a batpod, if for no other reason than we're already getting a large-scale one this year. 

That said, a UCS bat-vehicle does seem more likely than a modular, and for $200, I'm not sure exactly what it would be. Maybe The Bat, or another movie batmobile. Maybe a UCS BTAS Batmobile.

Imagine if it is a UCS BTAS Batmobile, and this is what includes Phantasm. 

Otherwise, the classic ‘66 Batmobile still hasn’t been made yet, so I would think that would be somewhere in line. I’m excited to see what it ends up being. There are tons of possibilities (some more preferable than others). 

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

My guess (more like, my hope) is a modular Daily Planet or GCPD.

As nice as a Daily Planet set would be, I wouldn't expect anything Superman related, particularly a D2C, until when the new movie comes out. And even then, only maybe. For all the classic Batman movie sets we're getting though, it would be nice to get something similar for the Superman movies.

Could it be something BTAS related? Because this year 2024 that animation are celebrated. So it could be BLUE Batmobile.

I’m guessing it would be a late release of the year like avengers tower. 
I would like Arkham the most but if we do it lessens the chances of a £500 Arkham d2c. 

I think BTAS Batmobile or the bat from dark knight rises as we are getting a dark knight set and the rest mostly animated series. 

I think waynemannor or ace chemicals would be a great £200 set and better than another bat vehicle. I might be biased as I like my Lego in minifigures scale. 

48 minutes ago, BatDeanj said:

I dunno, that brings it awfully close to the X-Mansion, and I don't think they'll be releasing two D2C's that close to each other, even if they are from separate themes.

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Could it be something BTAS related? Because this year 2024 that animation are celebrated. So it could be BLUE Batmobile.

Who knows, it might be.

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

I dunno, that brings it awfully close to the X-Mansion, and I don't think they'll be releasing two D2C's that close to each other, even if they are from separate themes.

It’s not the first time we’d have gotten two superhero D2C’s released back to back. Although the last time that happened was the Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust, so I could see Lego being hesitant to repeat that scenario.

2 hours ago, BatDeanj said:

It‘s scheduled for October :classic:

At this point, if you expect anything other than a Batvehicle, I don‘t know what to tell you :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At this point, if you expect anything other than a Batvehicle, I don‘t know what to tell you :laugh_hard:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pkxs8lrv39412urimk

... Please, not a UCS Batvehicle!!!

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m expecting it’s actually something for Marvel.

22 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Yeah, let's expect the worst - we won't be disappointed... :cry3:

34 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

It‘s listed as a DC set on brickmerge.

Posted (edited)

At this point I’ve got 3 thoughts on the $200 D2C.

Ideal option: Modular Star Labs.

Ideal but more realistic option: BTAS Arkham modular. (Just an upscaled version of the one in the Art Set, it would also be a chance for us to get the villains and Robin)

Realistic: UCS Batvehicle.

Edited by CloneCommando99

8 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Ideal but more realistic option: BTAS Arkham modular. (Just an upscaled version of the one in the Art Set, it would also be a chance for us to get the villains and Robin)

Sounds PURRfect to me. 

No chance to get TNBA Batgirl though... :cry2:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s listed as a DC set on brickmerge.

It wouldn’t be the first time a DC set got mislabeled as Marvel, or vice versa.

5 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Yeah, let's expect the worst - we won't be disappointed... :cry3:

I can think of worse things than a Marvel D2C.

19 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I can think of worse things than a Marvel D2C.

No fair! DC deserves a 1822 pieces set! Especially when so many Marvel sets are realised

Just now, Max_Lego said:

No fair! DC deserves a 1822 pieces set! Especially when so many Marvel sets are realised

DC should do something with the big sets they make instead of giant Bat-vehicles, ugly shadow boxes, and art displays (even though that last one actually looks cool). When was the last time we got a system scale set from DC over $100?