Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, AnonymousAnonAnon said:

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but based on piece count, I'm fairly sure the Batcave is the 4+. (Which I am actually thrilled about.)

In this case the Batcave will be purchased solely for its minifigures, which is still not bad, especially if the minifigures are nice.

4 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

In this case the Batcave will be purchased solely for its minifigures, which is still not bad, especially if the minifigures are nice.

4 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

The 4+ sets always have some nice printed pieces as well, if there is anything you could do with those. I am very excited, though--my son loves Lego Batman. I just hope we get a new villain with it. We already have enough Jokers and Harley Quinns to last a lifetime.

Edited by AnonymousAnonAnon

If the $70 set isn't the Batcave, I wonder what else it could be.  A Bat-vehicle vs. a villain vehicle? A different location build?

Edited by spiderfan2000

10 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If the $70 set isn't the Batcave, I wonder what else it could be.  A Bat-vehicle vs. a villain vehicle? A different location build?

Do we know which one is the 8-in-1 buildable character? Judging from the current sets in that age range at that piece count, my guess would be that.

ETA: Almost identical piece count, and precisely identical price, to the HP two-in-one Patronus.

Edited by AnonymousAnonAnon

29 minutes ago, AnonymousAnonAnon said:

I just hope we get a new villain with it. We already have enough Jokers and Harley Quinns to last a lifetime.

Sure we'll be getting new villains. Personally, I would be glad if they realised a new classic Harley minifigure. Let's just hope we'll get new heroes too. A decent Gordon with white hair would be welcome 

1 minute ago, Max_Lego said:

Sure we'll be getting new villains. Personally, I would be glad if they realised a new classic Harley minifigure. Let's just hope we'll get new heroes too. A decent Gordon with white hair would be welcome 

It's too bad we're in different countries, or I'd say (if I'm right) we should split--you can have the minifigures, and I'll take the batcave! :-) 

I thought the Batwing would probably come with it, but looks like they did a 4+ Batcave and Batwing in 2019, so not sure if they'd do the exact same combo again...

1 minute ago, AnonymousAnonAnon said:

It's too bad we're in different countries, or I'd say (if I'm right) we should split--you can have the minifigures, and I'll take the batcave! :-) 

Don't worry! There's never too many parts, I'll take the whole set if I'm lucky... :classic:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Harley show up

NO WAY

3 hours ago, AnonymousAnonAnon said:

Do we know which one is the 8-in-1 buildable character? Judging from the current sets in that age range at that piece count, my guess would be that.

ETA: Almost identical piece count, and precisely identical price, to the HP two-in-one Patronus.

The 8-in-1 set is set 40748 with 325 pieces, with an apparently unknown price, so definitely not the $70 set (76273)

Edited by spiderfan2000

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the "The Batman" batcave was the same price, but I refuse to call it a batcave- I like the movie, but man that is a TRAIN STATION WITH A JAIL CELL, not a batcave.

I'm still holding out hope Phantasm is included, to the extent she counts as a villain, since she has been hinted at and she's never been on-screen since the DCAU, so it's not like she's gonna show up in evergreen sets.

Yeah, you're right. The original Batcave with Bane and Robin was 70€ too. There was also a 30€ Juniors Batcave, if that counts. :tongue:

5 hours ago, AnonymousAnonAnon said:

How is an 8-in-1 Batman set going to work? Figure frame and build different members of the Batfamily around it?

4 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The 8-in-1 set is set 40748 with 325 pieces, with an apparently unknown price, so definitely not the $70 set (76273)

the numbering suggests brickheadz! 

51 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

the numbering suggests brickheadz! 

I kinda hope not. While I was fine with getting only one copy of the Go Brick Me set, my completionist heart would not be content with having only one of 8 Batman variants on display :laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Oooh, I hadn't seen that. Wonder what it will be, then? Would they do two Batcaves at once? (I just don't see how the 4+ is anything except the Batcave+vehicle with that piece count.)

Greekbricks on insta confirmed the 4+ set is the batcave. $59.99 is batmobile and the $69.99 is the Batpod. Happy the mystery D2C isn’t a batpod. But was excited for a larger animated series Batcave :(

Edited by DaredevilFan
Spelling

• 76270: Bat-Mech
  • 76272: 4+ Batcave with Batman, Batgirl, and The Jonkler
  • 76273: Batpod with buildable figure
  • 76274: BTAS Batmobile with Batsy, Mr Freeze, & Harley

(credit: @Brick Clicker)

Better than three Batman vs Jonkler sets, but not by that much :hmpf_bad: So the only new figure the $300 set brings to the table is Catwoman?! Lame.

Well, Batgirl is a nice surprise. Hopefully we’ll get to see a few more BtAS inspired sets down the road to fill in a couple of minor insignificant holes in the character roster.

Also, does it strike anyone else as odd that Harley Quinn is with Mr Freeze instead of Joker.

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A nice line-up! Can't wait to see more. Especially of 76272 and 76274.

Lo, can't say I'm terrible surprised by the outcome here. I am glad that DC is getting mechs too though, hopefully (sooner than later) we start getting some cool figures with those. As for the rest of the sets, not expecting much honestly. The idea of a $60 batmobile doesn't thrill me, but maybe there's some kind of side build for Harley or Mr. Freeze. Maybe the 4+ set has some good prints?

That Batmobile set sounds like an instant buy. The BTAS version is my favorite AND it has my favorite BTAS villain :wub: 
All the others are wait and see, but sound intriguing :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Better than three Batman vs Jonkler sets, but not by that much :hmpf_bad: So the only new figure the $300 set brings to the table is Catwoman?! Lame.

Oh, I'm so glad the 4+ will have Batgirl! I wish the villain was literally anyone besides Joker or Harley Quinn, though. It's not like it's an issue of this being designed for a different market than I'm in--my son is literally their target audience and already has multiples of both.

Glad I waited to get a Batmobile, though, as this one (despite paying for another Harley Quinn I don't want) sounds fun.

I’m curious what that mystery D2C set is now that the Batpod turned out to be a system set. Probably something for Marvel. But I can still hope for another Arkham Asylum.