Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

Looks like the pixar set is indeed an Inside Out 2 set. No word on minifigures.

Awesome! I hope they are minifigs. I think Pixar has never got minidolls before. I mean Toy Story, Cars, Up and Incredibles were all minifigs, right?

17 minutes ago, Aramar said:

Awesome! I hope they are minifigs. I think Pixar has never got minidolls before. I mean Toy Story, Cars, Up and Incredibles were all minifigs, right?

Thank you for putting these horrible images into my head :laugh_hard:

40 minutes ago, Aramar said:

Do the Cars characters really count as minifigures???

I'll be very curious to see what the minifigures (or mini-dolls) for an Inside Out set look like. The character designs (especially for Fear, Sadness, and Anger) don't really lend themselves to minifigure proportions.

But then again, neither did Carl Fredricksen or Mr. Incredible--and those figures ended up looking great!

A lot of the descriptions mention Emotional cubes which, looking into it, is a real thing. Its a cube with different emotions depicted on each side that children or non-verbal people can use to convey what they are feeling. My gut feel like it will end up being 2 or 3 cubes with the different emotions depicted on each side with maybe 1 or 2 minifigures on the side. I would guess Joy and Sadness

26 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

Do the Cars characters really count as minifigures???

Well, I guess no, but they are not minidolls either 😂.

The name of the set is really weird. Probably most of it was lost in translation, but I wonder what type of set it will be.

Hope it includes minifigures tho.

5 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

A lot of the descriptions mention Emotional cubes which, looking into it, is a real thing. Its a cube with different emotions depicted on each side that children or non-verbal people can use to convey what they are feeling. My gut feel like it will end up being 2 or 3 cubes with the different emotions depicted on each side with maybe 1 or 2 minifigures on the side. I would guess Joy and Sadness

From the description, I'm also getting the vibes that the set is just the cubes and may not feature any minifigures.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be extremely disappointing. 

How would cubes even be appealing to anyone?

They are a tool used in the early education of kids with autism spectrum disorder. If it's the same thing in real life as in the film that's a big bit of progression that will have to be handled well. No doubt there'll be a sizeable group of sad cases who will be outraged and troll it to within an inch of it's life. I

f not those type of cubes I've no idea.

I think we can consider ourselves lucky if we even get one minifig :laugh: No way they included all five emotions from the first movie in a $35 set, let alone any of the ones from the sequel!

I like the cube idea though.

17 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

From the description, I'm also getting the vibes that the set is just the cubes and may not feature any minifigures.

Lego has been very stingy with making Disney minifigs.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be extremely disappointing. 

How would cubes even be appealing to anyone?

It serves Lego’s purpose.

They make lackluster sets then blame the market that there isn’t any business out there.

At this point:

- if they give us a minifig, then come what may…

-if they don’t, what difference does it make?

On 1/16/2024 at 3:58 PM, OttoRiver said:

Hmm non-verbal? That could be useful for deaf kids. Generally, hearing people don’t know any signs. 

Dopey from the Snow White set leaked!! Kinda weird to see the elf hatpiece, but it makes sense. His ears are a defining characteristic, after all. 

Tiny bit creepy, but I like it! The kiss print is a nice touch :laugh_hard:

Also, the Maleficent Dragon (43240) is coming in June! The Donald Duck figure is now the only set from the survey leak left :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dopey from the Snow White set leaked!! Kinda weird to see the elf hatpiece, but it makes sense. His ears are a defining characteristic, after all. 

Tiny bit creepy, but I like it! The kiss print is a nice touch :laugh_hard:

Also, the Maleficent Dragon (43240) is coming in June! The Donald Duck figure is now the only set from the survey leak left :laugh:

Dopey looks... stange haha. I hope it has an alternate face, but I'm not sure. Glad it's minifig! 

Excited about the dragon set too, and it seems there's a lion king set coming too (43247). 

Dopey has long been not only my favorite dwarf, but also my favorite Disney character--so I am so excited to see this! Technically, his pants are supposed to be light blue and should be visible under his overlong green shirt, but since TLG's ability to print on those short legs is super limited, I don't mind the compromise.

1 hour ago, Aramar said:

Glad it's minifig! 

There never was any doubt though :tongue: Not only were there clearly minifigs in the survey leak version, the dwarves could not be properly realised as minidolls. The closest solution would be the part they use for child characters, but that would‘ve looked incredibly silly.

Dopey was my favourite dwarf as a kid followed only closely by good old Grumpy. That being said, I can't say this figure is really giving me Dopey vibes, but I appreciate it is hard to capture characters in Lego form whose facial features heavily emphasise their noses. I also appreciate that it is an OG Dopey and not some new iteration. I'm interested to see more pictures and the rest of the clan, but I'm not as excited as I was for the dwarves having seen this minifigure. A bit more Creepy than Dopey to me, but a valiant effort nonetheless. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Dopey is giving me Toad from Super Mario vibes with those cheeks. Hopefully its an alternate face but I can make do if not. I'm personally just happy for the confirmation the cottage is based on the original animated film.

11 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

I'm personally just happy for the confirmation the cottage is based on the original animated film.

Was there ever any doubt? The LA remake got delayed (again) and the survey leak clearly showed the versions from the original movie :wink:

Dopey looks cute. It's definitely an alternate face because he's got a kiss from Snow White near his forehead. 

I can see why they didn't give him the blue legs but I wonder if they considered giving him a green cloth piece to represent his robes over blue legs? But I guess they didn't do that for Sorcerer Mickey either.

Excited to see the rest of the dwarfs. Hope they all are color accurate to the film like Dopey is (but he has the most recognizable colors too). Hoping the Snow White included isn't just the previous minifigure reused but a new one with more accurate colors to the movie and no ridiculous sparkles. A navy blue torso and gold line down the middle with the yellow skirt being properly printed on and not discolored from light on dark.

Wow .. I’m late to the party ( but I only got back from work a while ago ) I’m so pleased that it’s animation based ( but I think we’d all come to that conclusion because of the current live action status ! ) that they’ve given Dopey his ears .. @JeanGreyForever I agree I bet there’s an alternate face too although the elf hat might not go low down enough ? I may see if I can custom make some coat tails and give him some blue legs. Looking forward to seeing some of the others and hopefully the cottage isn’t like the survey leak. 

Found some more Disney sets on BrickMerge: 

43276 Snow White Jewelry Box 358 pieces 

43254 Ariel’s Crystal Cavern 141 pieces 

43253 Advent Calendar 253 pieces 

43252 Moana’s flowerpot 619 pieces 

43251 Antonio’s Animal Sanctuary 310 pieces 

43248  394 pieces 

43247 1,445 pieces 

43245 The Magical Madrigal House 1,560 pieces 

43244 Elsa’s ice palace 630 pieces

40720 Mini Sleeping Beauty castle 528 pieces 

40749 300 pieces 

43235 Ariel Music Stage 60 pieces 

43236 329 pieces 

43230 Maleficent Dragon form 583 pieces 

43243 Simba’s the Lion king cub 222 pieces 

I imagine most of those are minidoll sets. 

43247 is the most intriguing with it's high piece count. Curious as to what set that could be.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

Can’t wait to see moe leaks on Snow White cottag and other sets!

Edited by Lion King