Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

While I’d definitely like to see some TLW sets (since it’s technically the only JW movie not to have any), I doubt this is it :shrug_oh_well: Nothing about the stego set indicates what it’s based on, and while the trailer itself does sound like TLW, the black and blue T-Rex certainly does not :tongue: Sure, TLG tend to go for more eye-popping colours with a lot of their creatures, dinos included, but this would be reallllllly far off from what we see on screen

I wonder if the blue-black t-Rex could also have some use as a T-Rex at night? It did like quite blue-ish in the og rainy scene 

A Stegosaurus is exciting but I’m less interested if it’s sandy colours, I prefer dinos which are green or orange generally 

These choices and sets all sound neat but I’m holding ouT for an Allosaurus and Mosasaur, I don’t care how many years it takes…

Dark blue/black is a strange colour for a T-Rex. The buildable Ankylosauros is also disappointing, would have expected another fossil there. Both sets are a miss to me but the Stegosaurus is really great to get. I hope it comes with 4 movable Legs. Overall I would have hoped, that since they are doing two waves of sets, we would get more than just 5 Sets in total, though of course we knew the numbers for a while now.

19 hours ago, Lion King said:

STEOGOSAURUS?! About darn time…. 

But…..what about Parasaurlophus?! Sinoceratops?! Narutosceratops?! We need more herbivores… However, Stegosaurus will do justice for us! Spinosaurus probably needs to wait a bit. 

@THELEGOBATMAN,there, you can have a buildable dinosaur set, lol.

I was just referring to ones that have prominent roles in the films, and while I would love to the more herbivores, Spino is my favorite dino, so that's always gonna top my list of what I want.

although I guess mosasaurus also fits that bill, I've just kinda given up hope of that happening

I am wondering if the Stegosaurus set is indeed based on the Lost World, then would it hae a Stego baby?? 

I suggest you to not quote on it, seriously, becuase I don’t wnat to get your hope high.

Hell Yeah!! Finally a Stegosaurus!! 🥳🥳

These sets sound so cool, and I dont have much else to add from what everyone else has said but, I am surprised Lego didnt go for the Allosaurus, i really thought they would lol, but its all good! 

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I’d definitely like to see some TLW sets (since it’s technically the only JW movie not to have any), I doubt this is it :shrug_oh_well: Nothing about the stego set indicates what it’s based on, and while the trailer itself does sound like TLW, the black and blue T-Rex certainly does not :tongue: Sure, TLG tend to go for more eye-popping colours with a lot of their creatures, dinos included, but this would be reallllllly far off from what we see on screen

And i partially agree, i think the two bigger sets have potential to be based on TLW, but im honestly not sure because we have no idea what Chaos Theory will have, or even if Lego is just making random sets again. That being said, 'Stegosaurus Lookout', could include the High Hide. Fingers Crossed Guys! 😁

Also I hope the Buildable Bumpy comes with a minifigure, a new varient for Ben would make sense.

11 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

A Stegosaurus is exciting but I’m less interested if it’s sandy colours, I prefer dinos which are green or orange generally 

Well whatever actually  Sandy means. For me it would mean tan, but if I understood it right Brick Clicker says in his Video, that it would be  Sandy Green colour - though I think Sand green is a terrible colour for a dinosaur. On the other hand he also calls the new Jungle theme Alligator sandy colour and that one IMO is Olive green, so we will have to see.

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

I am wondering if the Stegosaurus set is indeed based on the Lost World, then would it hae a Stego baby?? 

I suggest you to not quote on it, seriously, becuase I don’t wnat to get your hope high.

Well since the Bumpy Set surely is based on Camp Cretaceus and the January playset was too, I wouldn´t wonder if the other two Sets would be from that Series too. I haven´t watched it, so can´t say if there is any scene that would fit the set name though.

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well since the Bumpy Set surely is based on Camp Cretaceus and the January playset was too, I wouldn´t wonder if the other two Sets would be from that Series too. I haven´t watched it, so can´t say if there is any scene that would fit the set name though.

This sets are definitely not based on Camp Cretaceous, unless they are completely made up(I don't even think that there was a Stego in the show). There still could be a small chance for that since the previous CC sets weren't really accurate, but they were at least accurate in spirit, and the only thing accurate here is a T-rex.  But I'll say that there is a bigger chance that these will be based on Chaos Theory.

I personally still think that these are based on TLW, there is just too much coincidence for that to not be true. The only thing that's off about them is the T-rex colors, but I saw that one other post here makes a great explanation with it being a night version of the t-rex.

But I guess only time will tell for that, since there could be other reveals for Chaos Theory (Toys, clips, descriptions for the show), and they could reveal any of the things listed on the sets.

33 minutes ago, mantax said:

This sets are definitely not based on Camp Cretaceous, unless they are completely made up(I don't even think that there was a Stego in the show). There still could be a small chance for that since the previous CC sets weren't really accurate, but they were at least accurate in spirit, and the only thing accurate here is a T-rex.  But I'll say that there is a bigger chance that these will be based on Chaos Theory.

I personally still think that these are based on TLW, there is just too much coincidence for that to not be true. The only thing that's off about them is the T-rex colors, but I saw that one other post here makes a great explanation with it being a night version of the t-rex.

But I guess only time will tell for that, since there could be other reveals for Chaos Theory (Toys, clips, descriptions for the show), and they could reveal any of the things listed on the sets.

There were Stegos in CC, but i dont think it is based off of it, TLW and CT are more likely in yours, and my opinion lol.

Could be that for the Rex colours, or the colour description is wrong, would be awesome to have the buck rex! 😁

5 hours ago, mantax said:

So far there is no release date for Chaos Theory, right? So with not much more than two months left, I would think that they wouldn´t make sets for it before it is released - of course we can´t know, but then TLW really sounds like the more realistic option. I hope we get more sets for it next year though, since two Sets for it aren´t really that much. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Obvisouly i said “IF”…. 

I mean, sure, tow sets sound like the World World to me but the set names are not enough. We don’t know which minifigures  (from CC or TLW) would be included in those sets yet. I won’t be suprised if they are CC after all.  

It’s just me wondering.

Edited by Lion King

Posted (edited)

I’m hoping that the style of the Bumpy-build will be compatible and in the same scale with the buildable Rex from the 2022 JP set. For else I don’t really see any interest into getting it. 

Crossing my fingers on that the Stegosaurus will at least be fully posable, tail, legs, neck. I hope that new larger leg pieces will be made for them as seen in the Lego game but honestly I’m fine with it if they use the general herbivore legs. Definitely excited for this wave.

Edited by StegoLover

14 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

So far there is no release date for Chaos Theory, right? So with not much more than two months left, I would think that they wouldn´t make sets for it before it is released - of course we can´t know, but then TLW really sounds like the more realistic option. I hope we get more sets for it next year though, since two Sets for it aren´t really that much. 

I don't mind TLW only getting two sets. It should be enough to cover all the essentials from the film.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't mind TLW only getting two sets. It should be enough to cover all the essentials from the film.

This two sets definitely won't cover all the essential stuff. In the Stego set they could only include Ian, Eddie, Nick, Sarah. In the T-rex set they are also the only characters that would fit, But they could do the same thing as in the Visitor Center and include Kelly, plus maybe some of the Ingen people, since they appered at the end of that scene. But with that I could see them only including two of them max, but from the Ingen crew we would definitely need Ludlow, Tembo, Ajay, Dieter stark and Robert Burke. With Ingen I also think that some of their vehicles would need to be included.

I feel like all the stuff that I said would cover all the most important stuff, but there are also some stuff that, if they weren't included it won't be too bad, but it would be great if they were. first the TLW raptors, with that facility, Then the T-rex car chase in San diego.

19 minutes ago, mantax said:

This two sets definitely won't cover all the essential stuff. In the Stego set they could only include Ian, Eddie, Nick, Sarah. In the T-rex set they are also the only characters that would fit, But they could do the same thing as in the Visitor Center and include Kelly, plus maybe some of the Ingen people, since they appered at the end of that scene. But with that I could see them only including two of them max, but from the Ingen crew we would definitely need Ludlow, Tembo, Ajay, Dieter stark and Robert Burke. With Ingen I also think that some of their vehicles would need to be included.

I feel like all the stuff that I said would cover all the most important stuff, but there are also some stuff that, if they weren't included it won't be too bad, but it would be great if they were. first the TLW raptors, with that facility, Then the T-rex car chase in San diego.

Damn straight, hopefully more waves will come later on through the years to complete our collections! But for now, these two sets which are hopefully TLW will have the basic characters and vehicles, maybe the high hide too, we'll see! 😁

9 hours ago, wesker said:

Well I don´t agree, there are plenty of other scenes that come to mind, though sure the two they choose are also important scenes. But the T-Rex in San Diego for instance would also be an important Scene, though I also see why they wouldn´t do two T-Rex sets. Anyways there are enough Scenes suitable for future sets, like the capture of the Parasaurolopholus which would also be a cool dinosaur to have. And I think the scene from the begining with the little child and the Compsognathus would make a good polyback.

So I hope we will see more next year - and if not, well we might have to hope for 2027 then. And maybe we get JPIII Sets next year, which would also be great. We will see.

7 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Well I don´t agree, there are plenty of other scenes that come to mind, though sure the two they choose are also important scenes.

If those two even are TLW sets in the first place :laugh: For all we know, they might just as well be based on Chaos Theory or simply be TLG’s own creations again :shrug_oh_well:

I’d definitely like a TLW tie-in wave, especially since there are quite characters that don’t appear in other movies that would make for cool minifigs :thumbup: 

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If those two even are TLW sets in the first place :laugh: For all we know, they might just as well be based on Chaos Theory or simply be TLG’s own creations again :shrug_oh_well:

I’d definitely like a TLW tie-in wave, especially since there are quite characters that don’t appear in other movies that would make for cool minifigs :thumbup: 

Yeah well so far all is just speculation, but as mentioned above I don´t think Chaos Theory is likely, since the sets would be to early then. And TLW is basically the only thing that fits the description and this with both Sets. I don´t think that is a coincidence and the more I think the less likely it seems it will be something else, though of course it stays possible.

A new teaser trailer for Chaos theory is out, and with that I feel like it's less likely for the sets to be based on it. There is no blue t-rex or a stego in these footage, but they could still be there. But I don't know, a T-rex is something that they would reveal in something like that. The other thing is how important are the atrociraptors, they appear to be the main plot point. So it's really odd to not include them in any sets, especially when there is already a mold for them. I don't think that they could be included as side dinos in any of the sets, since the sets always have the names of every dinosaur included, even if they are not the main part( T-rex and atrociraptor breakout / visitor center).

5 hours ago, mantax said:

A new teaser trailer for Chaos theory is out, and with that I feel like it's less likely for the sets to be based on it. There is no blue t-rex or a stego in these footage, but they could still be there. But I don't know, a T-rex is something that they would reveal in something like that. The other thing is how important are the atrociraptors, they appear to be the main plot point. So it's really odd to not include them in any sets, especially when there is already a mold for them. I don't think that they could be included as side dinos in any of the sets, since the sets always have the names of every dinosaur included, even if they are not the main part( T-rex and atrociraptor breakout / visitor center).

We just need more Atrociraptors in the JP franchise let alone in LEGO form, imagine all of the different coloring and patterns they could come in

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

We just need more Atrociraptors in the JP franchise let alone in LEGO form, imagine all of the different coloring and patterns they could come in

Why? I mean nothing against more dinosaurs in general, but I don´t really see the need for several of the same kind in many different colours. I´d rather get more different dinosaurs than multiple of the same kind in different colours.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Why? I mean nothing against more dinosaurs in general, but I don´t really see the need for several of the same kind in many different colours. I´d rather get more different dinosaurs than multiple of the same kind in different colours.

We don't really need tens of thousands of them, just one every now and again with a different look

5 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Mattel released an Atrociraptor which had quills and was like a greeny-yellow, looks pretty cool

16 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Mattel released an Atrociraptor which had quills and was like a greeny-yellow, looks pretty cool

I know which one you mean, that would be awesome to see

On 3/28/2024 at 9:46 PM, Black Falcon said:

Don’t get me wrong but I don’t mind same dinosaur speices being recolored a few times. We have Pteranodon, T-rex, Velociraptor, Triceratop that havee been recolored a few times.