Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

The Spider-Man advent calendar is a little disappointing to me. Nothing really all that exciting or new and more or less the same old figures. Would have liked MJ or some new villain included.

Wish this had been themed to the X-Men for an X-Mas advent calendar. Maybe next year.

Something i'm curious about the X-Mansion is if they'll utilize Storm's original design since they already used her 90s look on the CMF, and it's also her new look on the animated series.

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Something i'm curious about the X-Mansion is if they'll utilize Storm's original design since they already used her 90s look on the CMF, and it's also her new look on the animated series.

I would actually prefer the white suit, simply because I know that LEGO is not going to give her a new hairpiece with tiara (or potentially even leg printing!), so I would rather the black suit be saved for a CMF. 🫤

7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I suspect they'd reuse her - I know it's not exactly a one-for-one thing, but I would assume that they'd rather have her bleed into the set from the CMF and then use the new prints to make a new character than just make another suit.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would actually prefer the white suit, simply because I know that LEGO is not going to give her a new hairpiece with tiara (or potentially even leg printing!), so I would rather the black suit be saved for a CMF. 🫤

If only it wouldn't have been a spoiler for the show and she had that costume in the CMF series instead of her white suit. The white suit could've easily been done in a set without changing a thing, leg printing was minimal, no arm printing (I'm not saying she needed arm printing, but it's more likely to see in a CMF than a set), and that new mohawk piece wouldn't be a budget breaker to introduce in a set

Edited by NXS7

Glad I didn't buy a second hand Milano from 2014 or 2017. It's a lot of money and a villain figure is missing but it's simply amazing; none of the SW ships look quite as good!

Don't believe I commented on the newly arrived pictures of upcoming sets, yet.

I find most of them to be sort of...lacklustre?
The Avengers: Age Of Ultron set, for example, seems very nice at first sight, but ultimately has nothing of interest for me. Certainly not the minifigures...

Same goes for the Leviathan. If it'd had new minifigures I would definitely buy this, 'cause it'd be nice to have another one, but since the figs are pretty much the same as those from Avengers Tower...

The Thor vs. Surtur looks okay, but I'm kinda disappointed the Fire Demons are skeletal minifigs. Kinda feels they cheaped out on those :sceptic:

Oh, well... More money left for the X-Mansion :innocent2: 

Regards,
Mitch

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I find most of them to be sort of...lacklustre?
The Avengers: Age Of Ultron set, for example, seems very nice at first sight, but ultimately has nothing of interest for me. Certainly not the minifigures...

Same goes for the Leviathan. If it'd had new minifigures I would definitely buy this, 'cause it'd be nice to have another one, but since the figs are pretty much the same as those from Avengers Tower...

The AoU set I get a bit as it could have had quicksilver (not that I think it needed him) but the real question I've got is who you were expecting to be put in the Avengers Leviathan set that wasn't in the tower? At least there are some changes- I'm not really sure what else they could have done there.

Extremely suspicious about the calendar. The move back to $35 is great, but I see at most 17 days of stuff, and that's counting goblin, the glider, and the second glider segment as separate days. I'm concerned they're going to start doing just tiny bits of builds rather than getting a full build each day. The figures are also incredibly safe and boring choices- Spider-Man, Miles, Gwen, Venom, Goblin. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

And I can only hope that Cyclops will get new legs because the one from the X-Jet is just embarassingly lazy, not even at least yellow hips for the trunks.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

but the real question I've got is who you were expecting to be put in the Avengers Leviathan set that wasn't in the tower? At least there are some changes- I'm not really sure what else they could have done there.

Not the person you were asking, but my immediate thought would be a version of the MK6 without the battle damage 

4 minutes ago, poisonbricks said:

Not the person you were asking, but my immediate thought would be a version of the MK6 without the battle damage 

I was hoping for Hawkeye, since he is the only one of the original six Avengers to be exclusive to the Tower. 🫤

Make undamaged MK6 and Ultron and Quicksilver for January wave and we will forgive you Lego for all the buildable figures and mechs you have shoved down our throats, if not we riot

Comic Sam Wilson is the mystery figure in the dictionary. Looks really good. That makes another comic con exclusive not exclusive 😂 come on symbiote spidey next 

I do wish that they didn't do all the extra lines, and used normal blue, but minor nitpicks when the alternative is several thousand dollars haha 

I feel like it's almost guaranteed we get a symbiote suit, even if not a comic one, in SM4 or Secret Wars sets down the road

Besides that, there's Jean, who again, even if not specifically Phoenix, I'd put money on being in the Mansion 

The only exclusives I'd really like to see get a wider release beyond that are Spider-Woman and the Collector, both of which I don't see happening particularly soon. If we were gonna get Collector at all I think the big Milano would've been the place for him, and I just don't see a big Knowhere set happening.

Spider-Woman I guess could show up in one of the generic Spidey sets? But the fig selections there are usually super boring so I won't expect it.

On 5/2/2024 at 5:04 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

The AoU set I get a bit as it could have had quicksilver (not that I think it needed him) but the real question I've got is who you were expecting to be put in the Avengers Leviathan set that wasn't in the tower? At least there are some changes- I'm not really sure what else they could have done there.

That's a good point, I guess :innocent: 

20 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

though this would've been very nice. 
I'd argue that's not very accurate since Tony had his MkVII armor since before the arrival of the Chitauri.
Then again, accuracy isn't always LEGO's middle name :grin:

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

Comic Sam Wilson is the mystery figure in the dictionary. Looks really good. That makes another comic con exclusive not exclusive 😂 come on symbiote spidey next 

Shame its not a new character or a variation that doesnt seem so close to previous figure (CMF Cap Falcon in this case).

At least thats a Cap with leg printing just not the one everyone wants :laugh:

8 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Spider-Woman I guess could show up in one of the generic Spidey sets? But the fig selections there are usually super boring so I won't expect it.

Lego wanted to put her in the Daily Bugle but Marvel said no. The lack of any Jessica Drew minifigure, when basically every other spider-related character has appeared in a set, seems to suggest the recurring issue here is Marvel rather than Lego.

On 5/2/2024 at 12:40 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Completely agree they're unlikely to produce her with the needed attention to detail in anything other than a CMF, which is a shame. Over at Star Wars, Bo Katan appears in a $40 set with new hairpiece, helmet with printing, arm and leg printing, exclusive to her! Hope we one day come to that attention to detail here. I know I've exhausted the Star Wars comparisons, but I truly feel they don't know how good they have it.

As for a Storm variant, I already bought the BAM white tussled hair and gave it to a spare Storm, and removed her shoulder pads to make it fit. This is, what I imagine they will do as well. For the most part the only difference between the 90's cartoon and the new Storm is the tussled hair vs the mohawk. I would rather they just skip her altogether, however.

Also, revisiting images of the AoU showdown, I adore the figures! Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Hulk are NOT identical to the tower! They all have the AoU designs, and it seems they all have leg printing as well! To be able to have the core team in their correct costumes for Avengers in the Tower, and the AoU designs in the Showdown set, is so convenient. As opposed to having to collect 6 sets for the whole team, the way we needed to in 2012 and 2015 respectively, the company is giving us all we need in just 2 sets, versus 12. and they all have leg printing? Except for Thor, that is. But he doesn't need it. May be too soon to say, but I think even Captain America has leg printing!!! That would be epic! if I catch this AoU Showdown on sale, definite purchase. Once I caught eye that the figures are exclusive and accurate to the second Avengers film, I completely turned my view of that set around.

As for the promotional Captain America Sam Wilson, he does appear to be fairly comic accurate. My only qualm is, he looks awkward without arm printing. But it does feel like a lot to ask for that in a book. With the new wing piece showing up in the Dungeons and Dragons set, I kind of wish we got that in red for him. I'd probably look the other way for the arm printing if he had the wings. But he's kind of mid, even with his leg printing, lol.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Completely agree they're unlikely to produce her with the needed attention to detail in anything other than a CMF, which is a shame. Over at Star Wars, Bo Katan appears in a $40 set with new hairpiece, helmet with printing, arm and leg printing, exclusive to her! Hope we one day come to that attention to detail here. I know I've exhausted the Star Wars comparisons, but I truly feel they don't know how good they have it.

To be fair, that was a $50 set with only two actual minifigs, one of whom was wholly re-used, and lego star wars also heavily outsells marvel. Lego Star Wars is to Lego Marvel as Lego Marvel is to Lego DC, just without all the jonkling.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To be fair, that was a $50 set with only two actual minifigs, one of whom was wholly re-used, and lego star wars also heavily outsells marvel. Lego Star Wars is to Lego Marvel as Lego Marvel is to Lego DC, just without all the jonkling.

DC suffered in part because their movies were steadily declining and now Marvel has that same problem. Hence why all the sets we're getting from Marvel go back to their popular movies from before Phase 4.

DC does a lot of legacy stuff for Batman like the 60s show, 90s animated show, and Tim Burton movies. I'm surprised Marvel hasn't done anything similar for Spider-Man. Like a set based on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (the 80s show, not the new one), the 90s animated series, or even remakes of the Raimi sets. Based on the success of the No Way Home set with the Tobey and Andrew minifigs, it would seem natural to extend on that with sets based exclusively on those movies.

Another potential Marvel modular I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet is the Avengers Compound. It's probably too soon to make since we just got Avengers Tower, but considering it's such an important location in Endgame and would keep the main MCU cast that fans care about, it seems like an ideal choice for a future set. Too bad it still wouldn't offer us a Quicksilver.

Posted (edited)

Idk If any of you are on the LEGO Marvel Group on Facebook, but someone said the 2023 Quinjet is worthless now since it has minifigures from the Avengers Tower and Leviathan :laugh_hard: 

The user that posted that seems to have a reputation in the FB group as they claim leaks are their own (their name is like Elmer or something), so I'm just grateful we don't have an aslume here (unfortunately that's the case for The Batman 2024 forum) since they seem to not be on this forum

Edited by calebcold3

6 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Idk If any of you are on the LEGO Marvel Group on Facebook, but someone said the 2023 Quinjet is worthless now since it has minifigures from the Avengers Tower and Leviathan :laugh_hard: 

The user that posted that seems to have a reputation in the FB group as they claim leaks are their own (their name is like Elmer or something), so I'm just grateful we don't have an aslume here (unfortunately that's the case for The Batman 2024 forum) since they seem to not be on this forum

That is actually hilarious, I just had a look on Facebook and he's the same guy as a user on Instagram I've been seeing here and there for ages - and yeah, of course he doesn't actually know anything in terms of leaks 😂

With the Quinjet comment, though, do you guys think some people genuinely don't know that their minifigure boxes come with a model too?

7 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

I know him he goes by rexdog12 on insta and he tends to post film spoilers as when the there only a few days old in the cinema

Am I right in thinking that the midi-scale Helicarrier is coming out with the other already-revealed summer sets? So there should hopefully be pics of that soon…? (Unless it’s a Lego exclusive?) 

8 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

It was hardly worthless to me, my original Quinjet fell victim to turning slightly yellow over time, so getting a new one was ideal. Plus newer fans who never owned the original can have their own SHIELD Quinjet

As for the minifigures, some good things to come about having those duplicates are spares of Caps head  and Black Widows arm printing to add to their older figures (or for the arms, any other SHIELD agent), plus multiple Lokis are great for displaying his illusion casting