Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Borex said:

I think i missed on the hype of wonder man, but is he getting sets? And does he look a little comic-based? I think wonder man is a great character. What sets can we expect more?

Wonder Man is a new show not due out until a year or two. If we get him, it'll more than likely be in a CMF (unless he shows up in another project).

Spoiler

The director for Shang-Chi and the upcoming sequel is a producer on the show, so another option is he may show up in Shang-Chi 2 sets.

Does anybody know why Spider-Man 3 (the Raimi film) didn't get any Lego sets when the first two movies did? I saw that Mega Bloks made sets for Spider-Man 3 so did Lego's license expire?

53 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Does anybody know why Spider-Man 3 (the Raimi film) didn't get any Lego sets when the first two movies did? I saw that Mega Bloks made sets for Spider-Man 3 so did Lego's license expire?

Ironically, you've more or less answered your own question. Mega Bloks picked up the license. I don't know if we know the reason Lego lost it- I assume the sets for the first two films did well- but your general guess is correct.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ironically, you've more or less answered your own question. Mega Bloks picked up the license. I don't know if we know the reason Lego lost it- I assume the sets for the first two films did well- but your general guess is correct.

That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure since I also assumed the sets for the first two movies probably sold well enough. 

It's a pity the Fox movies never got any sets back then whether the X-Men films, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Elektra.

Posted (edited)

I just realised that none of the 2HY sets are scheduled for June *huh* I was expecting two waves as usual, but nope :laugh: Well, the reveal will take a while then since Marvel is usually among the themes to get pretty late reveals

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I just realised that none of the 2HY sets are scheduled for June *huh* 

Are they June for Europe and August for America? Ive lost track but I believe some themes are doing that.

20 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Are they June for Europe and August for America? Ive lost track but I believe some themes are doing that.

I thought so too, but I looked it up on brickmerge and they‘re all scheduled for August :shrug_oh_well: 

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I just realised that none of the 2HY sets are scheduled for June *huh* I was expecting two waves as usual, but nope :laugh: Well, the reveal will take a while then since Marvel is usually among the themes to get pretty late reveals

Yeah, tis unfortunately why we might not see them till a bit later this year. It damages the hype cycle a lot sadly. We could still see something as there's supposedly some of the 4+ sets scheduled for earlier release if I remember correctly along with a Brickheadz and perhaps some of the August sets going up for early pre-order?

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Probably gonna be about a month from now that we see them then--IIRC, that's when most of last year's Marvel wave leaked. 

36 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Probably gonna be about a month from now that we see them then--IIRC, that's when most of last year's Marvel wave leaked. 

Just looked it up, May 26th! Maybe we get lucky again this year :thumbup:

More X-Men '97 spoilers on what we could see in S2 sets

Spoiler

Wolverine will be getting his brown and tan costume as his new look. This along with Storm getting her original black and gold costume with tiara means that we could see the previous Wolverine and Storm minifigs from the first X-Jet set redone come S2. Hopefully Wolverine will still get dual molded legs and arm printing.

Looks like HD quality images of those Captain America McDonalds toys leaked a couple days ago, but I don’t see anyone talking about it, so it may be fake.

I hope Falcon gets a new helmet mold. I like the orange visor and white stripe.

I'm warning you guys, if we don't get the pictures of the August wave before June then I guarantee this forum will meet the same fate as the DC one (Insanity not even doctors could understand)

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Looks like HD quality images of those Captain America McDonalds toys leaked a couple days ago, but I don’t see anyone talking about it, so it may be fake.

I hope Falcon gets a new helmet mold. I like the orange visor and white stripe.

I was at mcdonalds today and they had them on display for some reason. Why are these coming out now? Isn't the film next year?

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 1:55 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure since I also assumed the sets for the first two movies probably sold well enough. 

It's a pity the Fox movies never got any sets back then whether the X-Men films, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Elektra.

Honestly if Deadpool and Wolverine is a success (You never know in these days when the CBM genre as a whole is in decline BUT I personally hope and think D&W will have Guardians 3/NWH reception and Guardians 3 BO numbers), I would love to see some sets based on the older FOX Marvel movies since we've never gotten any. 

But best case scenario for those sets realistically are probably going to be construction figures of Wolverine and Magneto from the OG trilogy  

Edited by calebcold3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm warning you guys, if we don't get the pictures of the August wave before June then I guarantee this forum will meet the same fate as the DC one (Insanity not even doctors could understand)

We’re safe here. The criminal mastermind behind jonkling up the DC thread strongly believes in Batman supremacy and won’t even touch this thread. The madness is contained :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I was at mcdonalds today and they had them on display for some reason. Why are these coming out now? Isn't the film next year?

I suspect they couldn’t delay them, unlike LEGO? Maybe they can’t do it logistically :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We’re safe here. The criminal mastermind behind jonkling up the DC thread strongly believes in Batman supremacy and won’t even touch this thread. The madness is contained :laugh_hard:

Let's hope he never gets interested in Marvel or we're all doomed.

71818 Tournament Battle Arena seems to have some blood-red claw pieces, wondering if we'll get a re-use for Carnage sometime.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

When the film was pushed back it was likely too late to delay, places like McDonalds may produce this far in advance because it's packaged in meals that young individuals might try and devour so they can't really afford to just sit on the product for nearly a year.

15 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

I would love to see some sets based on the older FOX Marvel movies since we've never gotten any.

I'd love for them to revisit the Sony films and the Fox films. A revamped Doc Ock's Hideout would be my dream set. Still surprised no Sentinel for the X-Men sets, maybe that'll be in 2025.

New X-Men ‘97 trailer just released. I don’t want to spoil anything about the show, but there might be hope for those of us who didn’t find a certain minifigure’s design all that attractive.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

71818 Tournament Battle Arena seems to have some blood-red claw pieces, wondering if we'll get a re-use for Carnage sometime.

I can see that, along with a black recolour for Venom. 

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I hope so. Those new pieces look like a massive upgrade over the ones they've been previously using for Venom and Carnage.

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

New X-Men ‘97 trailer just released. I don’t want to spoil anything about the show, but there might be hope for those of us who didn’t find a certain minifigure’s design all that attractive.

Looks like a few of the characters will be getting makeovers. I noticed Jubilee has her modern uniform in the trailer and judging by how torn up Wolverine's costume looks I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a redesign by the end of the season as well.

I don't think we'll see many of these costume changes reflected in the X-Mansion set but it does bode well for more minifigure variants in future waves.

Is there a reason why MJ was excluded from the Daily Bugle set? It's so jarring to exclude the second most popular character from the franchise, after Peter/Spidey himself, from a comic book Spider-Man set.

And if anyone's wondering why I keep asking Spider-Man questions, that's because I've been watching the theatrical re-releases so they're on my mind. We really need a new MJ figure.

3 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is there a reason why MJ was excluded from the Daily Bugle set? It's so jarring to exclude the second most popular character from the franchise, after Peter/Spidey himself, from a comic book Spider-Man set.

And if anyone's wondering why I keep asking Spider-Man questions, that's because I've been watching the theatrical re-releases so they're on my mind. We really need a new MJ figure.

I seem to recall it having something to do with either Lego or Disney not wanting Mary Jane and Michelle Jones appearing in merchandise at the same time.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I seem to recall it having something to do with either Lego or Disney not wanting Mary Jane and Michelle Jones appearing in merchandise at the same time.

That's a horrible reason but doesn't surprise me. I also wouldn't put it past Marvel because they've been trying to sideline Mary Jane ever since they erased her marriage to Peter. I wouldn't even be shocked if the reason that Peter's love interest in the MCU has zero in common with Mary Jane, besides the initials, is so a new generation of fans doesn't grow up thinking of Peter and Mary Jane as a couple.

If there is another D2C Spider-Man set, like Oscorp, I hope they make up for it by giving us at least two MJs since the Daily Bugle had no problem giving us two Gwens. Besides the classic MJ (and I'd love to see her get a new hairpiece designed after her original Romita look), it would be nice to also get Spinneret, the version of MJ married to Peter in Renew Your Vows who becomes a super heroine.

I do remember reading that the designers wanted to include Deadpool, Iceman, Human Torch, and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in the Daily Bugle. The former three should be safe to include now that the Fox ban is over. No idea why Marvel refused on Jessica Drew but she's another character they're weird about. Despite being the premiere Marvel heroine of the 70s and 2000s, they've been sidelining her ever since Spider-Gwen became a thing. That SDCC minifigure is way too expensive and she deserves a new one that is readily available in sets.

7 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

That's a horrible reason but doesn't surprise me. I also wouldn't put it past Marvel because they've been trying to sideline Mary Jane ever since they erased her marriage to Peter. I wouldn't even be shocked if the reason that Peter's love interest in the MCU has zero in common with Mary Jane, besides the initials, is so a new generation of fans doesn't grow up thinking of Peter and Mary Jane as a couple.

While they have definitely been repeatedly character assassinating Mary Jane since Peter's deal with the devil, I think it's probably a more blanket "we want our thing to be the one getting merchandise". Same reason X-men and fantastic four stuff was heavily discouraged after the MCU picked up.