Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I'd only be interested in an Avengers CMF if all the minifigures included were based on the comics. The colorful costumes are at least different enough from the films to keep the main heroes interesting and it would also provide a wider selection of interesting villains to pick from.

The MCU has already been done to death in the sets themselves that a CMF series wouldn't be bringing much new to the table.

X-Men has a gold mine of iconic characters to pick from that its frustrating to see Lego drip feed them at such a slow pace. I really hope that changes over the coming years.

I'm definitely in favor of the next CMF series ditching the Disney+ shows altogether and focusing exclusively on the X-Men.

Last I heard Marvel Zombies was also intended to be TV-MA. Unfortunately it sounds like they also plan on going through with Iron Heart and Wonder Man instead of cutting their loses.

Wonder Man, at the moment, not interested.

Iron Heart, that I do want to see.

X-Men'97 and X-Men: The Animated Series? Not interested.

76281, the X-Men jet? Pass.

Comic based X-Men minifigs, those might interest me.

I wonder if Kahhori, will get a minifig. Too bad that she was not in Series 2.

12 hours ago, wesker said:

I'd only be interested in an Avengers CMF if all the minifigures included were based on the comics. The colorful costumes are at least different enough from the films to keep the main heroes interesting and it would also provide a wider selection of interesting villains to pick from.

The MCU has already been done to death in the sets themselves that a CMF series wouldn't be bringing much new to the table.

X-Men has a gold mine of iconic characters to pick from that its frustrating to see Lego drip feed them at such a slow pace. I really hope that changes over the coming years.

I'm definitely in favor of the next CMF series ditching the Disney+ shows altogether and focusing exclusively on the X-Men.

Last I heard Marvel Zombies was also intended to be TV-MA. Unfortunately it sounds like they also plan on going through with Iron Heart and Wonder Man instead of cutting their loses.

So you just encourage the destruction of art because it's not a character you personally are familiar with? In reference to Wonder Man and Iron Heart. Just a silly thing to say

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Shiva said:

X-Men'97 and X-Men: The Animated Series? Not interested.

76281, the X-Men jet? Pass.

Comic based X-Men minifigs, those might interest me.

I’m confused by this. The X-Men ‘97 and X-Men tAS character designs are literally ripped from the comics. 

16 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

So you just encourage the destruction of art because it's not a character you personally are familiar with? In reference to Wonder Man and Iron Heart. Just a silly thing to say

Art? We’re talking about the MCU here. The giant corporate, made by committee, movie franchise that pretty much killed small budget films. Not to be an art gatekeeper, but the MCU has done more harm to art than one random Eurobricks user being critical of two made-by-committee shows being forced through production to meet corporate quotas.

Edited by psqidexslizer

21 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

These are MCU projects we're talking about. People put effort into everything, but it's not exactly like this is unadulterated artistic vision.

I never get why people get all up in arms about "art" being cancelled. Products get cancelled all the time. In every field, there are people who work really hard on things that don't always pan out. It's part of having any job where you make something. It's fine to be disappointed, but if you can't handle it, find a job where you either aren't creating, or can handle your creation being cancelled/altered, and make what you want to make as a hobby.

With the MCU over the past few years we've very clearly seen that quantity=/=quality. If scrapping some of the odder show choices can help them right the ship, I'm all for it. Even if we lose some of the film and show based sets.

Which actually ties into a wider thing- I'm really hoping we get back to some more general superhero waves not based on live action stuff. We only get a few spider-man sets a year now aside from the 4+ waves. Quite literally three sets this year, and that's including a mech and a $10 set.

I don’t think there were many people excited when they announced the first Guardians movie and it ended up amazing. Why don’t we wait until there are at the very least trailers out before we start writing things off?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’m confused by this. The X-Men ‘97 and X-Men tAS character designs are literally ripped from the comics. 

Art? We’re talking about the MCU here. The giant corporate, made by committee, movie franchise that pretty much killed small budget films. Not to be an art gatekeeper, but the MCU has done more harm to art than one random Eurobricks user being critical of two made-by-committee shows being forced through production to meet corporate quotas.

Um I am quite literally friends with one of the writers of Wonder-Man so I can prove you wrong right there. Just because it is funded and brought about by a corporation doesn't mean people didn't put real work and effort into it

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

These are MCU projects we're talking about. People put effort into everything, but it's not exactly like this is unadulterated artistic vision.

I never get why people get all up in arms about "art" being cancelled. Products get cancelled all the time. In every field, there are people who work really hard on things that don't always pan out. It's part of having any job where you make something. It's fine to be disappointed, but if you can't handle it, find a job where you either aren't creating, or can handle your creation being cancelled/altered, and make what you want to make as a hobby.

With the MCU over the past few years we've very clearly seen that quantity=/=quality. If scrapping some of the odder show choices can help them right the ship, I'm all for it. Even if we lose some of the film and show based sets.

Which actually ties into a wider thing- I'm really hoping we get back to some more general superhero waves not based on live action stuff. We only get a few spider-man sets a year now aside from the 4+ waves. Quite literally three sets this year, and that's including a mech and a $10 set.

Well you got a lot of opinions that I would call questionable. There's a difference between a project not panning out or being cancelled before being finished and a product being written, produced, filmed and ready to go and a bunch of so called fans having no idea what the shows or frankly the characters are go "um please no not for me, please cancel this, I only want superman, batman and spiderman for the next 300 years". If you think that way I would not consider you a fan. You're the type of people who would've called for iron man to be cancelled in 2007. There is also literally nothing about it being cancelled so I don't know why you're saying "you can be disappointed". It's gonna come out I'm just calling out these people for thinking they should be able to pick and choose which projects exist when they have no idea who the characters are and someone like me loves the character of wonder man

36 minutes ago, BoyLego said:

I don’t think there were many people excited when they announced the first Guardians movie and it ended up amazing. Why don’t we wait until there are at the very least trailers out before we start writing things off?

exactly. These kids weren't around then. Everything started existing when they did

Edited by GonzoTheGreat

The negativity is baffling. If you're not interested anymore, move on. No need to stick around and tell everybody why you think something "is going to flop," just let the rest of us enjoy it.

I really hope there's a D+ series 3. Ive stayed away from the Xmen so far but if they throw a Nightcrawler or Gambit in I'd cave. I'd love to see Kahori and I'm sure Agatha will have an opportunity for new characters. Daredevil and Kingpin would be great as well.

3 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

The negativity is baffling. If you're not interested anymore, move on. No need to stick around and tell everybody why you think something "is going to flop," just let the rest of us enjoy it.

I really hope there's a D+ series 3. Ive stayed away from the Xmen so far but if they throw a Nightcrawler or Gambit in I'd cave. I'd love to see Kahori and I'm sure Agatha will have an opportunity for new characters. Daredevil and Kingpin would be great as well.

Gambit needs an inclusion somewhere

34 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

Well you got a lot of opinions that I would call questionable. There's a difference between a project not panning out or being cancelled before being finished and a product being written, produced, filmed and ready to go and a bunch of so called fans having no idea what the shows or frankly the characters are go "um please no not for me, please cancel this, I only want superman, batman and spiderman for the next 300 years". If you think that way I would not consider you a fan. You're the type of people who would've called for iron man to be cancelled in 2007. There is also literally nothing about it being cancelled so I don't know why you're saying "you can be disappointed". It's gonna come out I'm just calling out these people for thinking they should be able to pick and choose which projects exist when they have no idea who the characters are and someone like me loves the character of wonder man

I've known about wonder man for over a decade. I wouldn't consider myself a wonder man fan specifically, but I am a marvel fan. I maintain that given the quality of MCU projects over the past few years, it's clear they're unable to maintain quality with the expanded amount of content. I think cutting their content down to try and produce higher quality products is a viable strategy. No one's contesting that people put effort into it, and honestly your response kind of confuses me because I made that pretty clear.

I honestly don't care whatsoever if some random guy on the internet doesn't consider me a fan. You're a fan if you enjoy some part of the universe enough to consider yourself a fan. That's the only requirement. Anyone who tries to decide who can and can't be a fan should re-evaluate what they're focusing on. 

26 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

Three gray 2x1’s stacked outside the X-Mansion should cover him. 😝

We should hopefully, fingers crossed, see some Marvel sets in the coming week. Though unsure which, if any, are releasing in June/July as most the releases seem to be scheduled for August. This news/content drought has been a long one but hopefully it's over soon.

3 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

-snip-

As far as I can tell it seems to be people explaining their own viewpoint to explain what they would like to see from Lego in the future. It's not empty negativity and it seemed relevant to their viewpoint on what would be adapted and why. It's an opinion they are mentioning to explain their desires for sets and why (along with other information) it is unlikely Lego would focus on such adaptations. Though naturally it's now starting to venture more into just discussing the reasoning as opposed to its connection with Lego.

At its core, an established and popular property or a newly released mass publically available media is going to be more likely to get sets than something locked behind a streaming service - and that's before factoring in the potential for the franchise as a whole to be losing interest along with the factors of Lego having a budget for the wave and likely prioritizing other aspects they know will sell. If they ever want to go back and revisit streaming service shows they can, but I would'nt be surprised if they lack concept art or frankly are choosing not to adapt concept art of anything other than the characters - with Captain Carter's set being the only exception currently.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

I remember there being talks about a Gambit film, that sadly never happened. So far, atleast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_(unproduced_film)

I forgot, is there any big fig Hulk, coming in a smaller set? I started collecting Marvel minifigs a bit late.

Red Hulk big fig should come in the delayed "76292: Captain America Vs. Red Hulk Battle" ?

Battlinpanther, there can be movies that people miss, due to their own prejudices, due to what other say. And then when one finally watches a movie, or tv series, they wonder, why did they not watch it way earlier.

Edited by Shiva

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've known about wonder man for over a decade. I wouldn't consider myself a wonder man fan specifically, but I am a marvel fan. I maintain that given the quality of MCU projects over the past few years, it's clear they're unable to maintain quality with the expanded amount of content. I think cutting their content down to try and produce higher quality products is a viable strategy. No one's contesting that people put effort into it, and honestly your response kind of confuses me because I made that pretty clear.

I honestly don't care whatsoever if some random guy on the internet doesn't consider me a fan. You're a fan if you enjoy some part of the universe enough to consider yourself a fan. That's the only requirement. Anyone who tries to decide who can and can't be a fan should re-evaluate what they're focusing on. 

But the product is already made? That's my entire point. Why would you want a show cancelled that has already been made?

6 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

woah woah woah

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I remember there being talks about a Gambit film, that sadly never happened. So far, atleast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_(unproduced_film)

I forgot, is there any big fig Hulk, coming in a smaller set? I started collecting Marvel minifigs a bit late.

Red Hulk big fig should come in the delayed "76292: Captain America Vs. Red Hulk Battle" ?

Battlinpanther, there can be movies that people miss, due to their own prejudices, due to what other say. And then when one finally watches a movie, or tv series, they wonder, why did they not watch it way earlier.

Just wait for deadpool 3

19 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

But the product is already made? That's my entire point. Why would you want a show cancelled that has already been made?

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge the product is not fully complete. Writing may be, filming may be, but postproduction is still a pretty big cost for this type of project, not to mention marketing. And at the end of the day, if the people in charge of putting these out decide the product isn't good enough to warrant putting the extra money in to release, I would personally trust it was a good idea considering how much content they put out that me and a lot of other people have been feeling is a downshift in quality. (Another thing to remember is that if a project isn't panning out/gets cancelled, it can save millions of dollars off taxes, which has to be factored in. This is why companies don't just dump anything they think isn't working out off disney+.)  I'm also not really speaking about wonder man specifically- though I do think it's a prime candidate to get the axe if any more do (I'm counting the chunk of shows and movies that have gone into semi-permanent development hell), one of the biggest criticisms I've seen of this phase is that it lacks focus, and while you may have more knowledge than me I'd be surprised if Wonder Man built up to secret wars in any way besides him cameoing in whatever the final battle would be- but the idea that marvel's already-stated new plan of cutting back content to focus on increasing quality is good, and it makes sense for them to cancel projects they aren't confident in. It certainly would have been helpful in the last two phases.

26 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I believe one is coming this summer in a $60-100 set. Not too small, but smaller than the tower.

I would assume Red Hulk will be included in that set, yes.

9 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Too soon lol. Remy fangirls are still in mourning.

As for Wonder Man, at least we could potentially see him with best buddy Hank McCoy onscreen. However, his biggest connections should be with Wanda and Vision and both of those are too late. Nor do I imagine we'll see him get anything significant with Carol Danvers like in the comics so I am wondering who the target audience is for his show. Because Secret Invasion didn't have one.

9 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Because Secret Invasion didn't have one.

Don't even bring that up. :cry_sad: There was so many good ideas in that show (and in the comic, which they took the name and pretty much nothing else from), and they dropped the ball so hard. It's the first time I've felt like Sam L Jackson was phoning something in. There were some great scenes- the one between him and his wife where they recite the poetry again, the scene where the skrull terrorist's people realize he's in the wrong and turn on him, etc, but it ended up failing pretty hard. And they wasted Rhodey, which is sad because he hasn't really had anything to do besides that, and Armor wars has been in development hell for a half-decade now.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge the product is not fully complete. Writing may be, filming may be, but postproduction is still a pretty big cost for this type of project, not to mention marketing. And at the end of the day, if the people in charge of putting these out decide the product isn't good enough to warrant putting the extra money in to release, I would personally trust it was a good idea considering how much content they put out that me and a lot of other people have been feeling is a downshift in quality. (Another thing to remember is that if a project isn't panning out/gets cancelled, it can save millions of dollars off taxes, which has to be factored in. This is why companies don't just dump anything they think isn't working out off disney+.)  I'm also not really speaking about wonder man specifically- though I do think it's a prime candidate to get the axe if any more do (I'm counting the chunk of shows and movies that have gone into semi-permanent development hell), one of the biggest criticisms I've seen of this phase is that it lacks focus, and while you may have more knowledge than me I'd be surprised if Wonder Man built up to secret wars in any way besides him cameoing in whatever the final battle would be- but the idea that marvel's already-stated new plan of cutting back content to focus on increasing quality is good, and it makes sense for them to cancel projects they aren't confident in. It certainly would have been helpful in the last two phases.

I believe one is coming this summer in a $60-100 set. Not too small, but smaller than the tower.

I would assume Red Hulk will be included in that set, yes.

There's literally no reason to assume that it would be, should be or will be cancelled. That's what I'm saying. Nobody is gonna say that about Fantastic Four or Captain America 4. Not all projects need or should connect. DC can make standalone movies like the Joker or The Batman, why can't marvel do one that has potential for crossover eventually but not a requirement to do so

This discussion has lost its way a bit away from LEGO. When it's solely on the properties and not LEGO, the connections become very tenuous.

Please get it back to LEGO now.

Bit of a step down from the star lord plus microfighter Bowie but we know the next magazine ( marvel rather than Spiderman as they are 2 separate magazines with alternating releases) is a Thor minifig.

16 hours ago, BoyLego said:

Yes very much agreed.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Bit of a step down from the star lord plus microfighter Bowie

That is a good little set. I'll pick that up when I see it in a supermarket. 

Animal Crossing's August sets have leaked, so who knows how far off the Marvel ones are now 

2 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Animal Crossing's August sets have leaked, so who knows how far off the Marvel ones are now 

It's not a leak but an official reveal, and those can happen whenever TLG and/or their license partners feel like it, it seems. Might be a Nintendo thing since the Mario sets also tend to get revealed early, as was the first AC wave last October :laugh:

I think i missed on the hype of wonder man, but is he getting sets? And does he look a little comic-based? I think wonder man is a great character. What sets can we expect more?

12 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think i missed on the hype of wonder man, but is he getting sets? And does he look a little comic-based? I think wonder man is a great character. What sets can we expect more?

He's getting a Disney+ show so he's a likely contender for a future CMF series. I don't think his appearance has been noted yet but I'm also of the mind that he might look comic accurate or I hope so anyway.