Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Still taunting us with brown-'stached German mechanic, eh Lego?

d-instructions-indyposter.jpg

:wink:

I found this magnet set on Whung's BS folder. Enjoy.

852719.jpg

Too bad it has the same figs you can get in a 10$ set.

Edited by WhiteFang
Deeplinked

This one isn't interesting to me. The crystal skull should have been included in the jungle duel set in the first place. Not so impressed.

This one isn't interesting to me. The crystal skull should have been included in the jungle duel set in the first place. Not so impressed.

I have to agree with you why pay 5$ extra for some magnet bricks and no normal Legos.

I have to agree with you why pay 5$ extra for some magnet bricks and no normal Legos.

Well, the whole novelty of these sets is the face value, not the real value. And they don't sell jungle dual anymore, so I think this will sell fine.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have deeplinked the image, and merged into the Indy 2009 discussion topic.

Please continue here.

852719.jpg

Too bad it has the same figs you can get in a 10$ set.

I actually think this may be fake. The knives that Mutt is holding usually come in pairs and there's no second one in this. Not sure I would buy this even if it is real.

I actually think this may be fake. The knives that Mutt is holding usually come in pairs and there's no second one in this. Not sure I would buy this even if it is real.

Lego could very easily separate them and use them on different figures...if they have a way to assemble figures, I think they can pull apart a piece of plastic. :laugh:

And Mutt was left-handed in KOTCS.

:laugh:

I think it might be real

But then again a strong argument that it might be a fake

I remember all those days when we would carry on whether a set was real or not

Indy as a Lego theme was also highly debated :laugh:

I think that 2009 is the best year yet for Indy as a theme, there are some great new sets and figs!

(just thought I'd say that, since this is my 1st post in this topic :blush: )

The magnet set is real. Saw it today at the Lego store in Wash Square Mall in Oregon. Has same figs as Jungle Duel except comes with the crystal skull. Personally I prefer classic Indy.

The magnet set is real. Saw it today at the Lego store in Wash Square Mall in Oregon. Has same figs as Jungle Duel except comes with the crystal skull. Personally I prefer classic Indy.

I also saw that set in another Lego store.

Edited by strider406

Don't know if anyone cares, but there are also three new key chains:

852716-1.jpg

852717-1.jpg

852718-1.jpg

(I'm joking about this post)

Guys buy Ambush in Cairo RIGHT NOW! Its got 1877 pieces and is only 12.99 CAD! I'm going to buy 20 of these and have a load of golden plates, Tommy guns, and apples!

But seriously. Ambush in Cairo says it has 1877 pieces.

Guys buy Ambush in Cairo RIGHT NOW! Its got 1877 pieces and is only 12.99 CAD! I'm going to buy 20 of these and have a load of golden plates, Tommy guns, and apples!

I was JUST about to post that!

Wow EPIC FAIL lego EPIC FAIL... :tongue:

I've been waiting forever to get The Temple Of Doom set. Looks great.

Orion Out :devil:

Don't know if anyone cares, but there are also three new key chains:

852718-1.jpg

I at least care about this one, in the quote.

Can't wait to buy a truckload of Ambush in Cairo sets...Although I'll have to switch out all those cheap Castle swords with old Chrome-Silver ones.

Still taunting us with brown-'stached German mechanic, eh Lego?

d-instructions-indyposter.jpg

:wink:

Is the brown moustached head rare or somthing? I got one with fight on the flying wing. Are these worth anything?

Is the brown moustached head rare or somthing? I got one with fight on the flying wing. Are these worth anything?

Yeah, that head came with the Race for the Stolen Treasure set too. Ones with brown moustaches are pretty rare. Check your's, if it's grey, it's just any old moustache head :tongue:

Yeah, that head came with the Race for the Stolen Treasure set too. Ones with brown moustaches are pretty rare. Check your's, if it's grey, it's just any old moustache head :tongue:

Im pretty sure there have been no cases of a brown 'stache version in the Race for the stolen treasure, Only in afew Flying Wing sets.

Im pretty sure there have been no cases of a brown 'stache version in the Race for the stolen treasure, Only in afew Flying Wing sets.

No, a few people managed to pick up a brown mustache in the Stolen Treasure set. I was really glad to get one on the Flying Wing myself.

Batbrick Away! :devil: