Burko-uk

[TC26] Mobile Penguin Washing Station

Hi all,

This is my entry for the Arctic Vehicle Competition - a Mobile Penguin Washing Station. I figured tracked Haggllund type vehicles would be pretty common so tried to add a bit of variety/novelty.

164735_resized.jpg

This is a tracked vehicle, but is equipped with a parallel grabber arm, a hot tub, a transfer mechanism to move the penguin to the drying platform which is fitted with twin hairdryers, and a penguin release mechanism. There is an M-motor powered compressor buried under the body work, providing power to the grabber arm and penguin release mechanism, along with direction control gearboxes to drive the crane turntable and the transfer mechanism. Finally there's a selector gearbox to drive the hairdryers or power the transfer mechanism meaning you can't move the penguin from the hot tub to the drying platform with the hairdryers running, as that would be unsafe and we don't want to harm any animals here!

164729_resized.jpg

164556_resized.jpg

164640_resized.jpg

164632_resized.jpg

164651_resized.jpg

164705_resized.jpg

164509_resized.jpg

Here's a video showing the Penguin Cleaning process.

And finally, a big thank you to my willing volunteer:

164720_resized.jpg

He is clearly delighted and refreshed.

I hope you like it. I don't MOC much, don't post much, and this is the first video I've tried to edit, so go easy...

15 minutes ago, Burko-uk said:

I hope you like it. I don't MOC much, don't post much, and this is the first video I've tried to edit, so go easy...

I love it. And I sure hope you will post more MOCs :wub:

Besides the fact that there are no arctic penguins, I like the idea.

If they should ever find their way from Antarctica up north, the Mobile Washing Station will be ready and waiting for them.

8 minutes ago, Timewhatistime said:

If they should ever find their way from Antarctica up north, the Mobile Washing Station will be ready and waiting for them.

Badum tsss

Antarctic is also a kind of Arctic :laugh:

I was hoping no one would notice that. Unfortunately my ten year old son pointed it out about 5% of the way through the build.

I then hoped no one here would notice....

I'm choosing to interpret "Artic" in the competition title to mean more broadly "Polar". If we want to play that game, most of the tracked machines in the contest so far would likely fall through the Arctic ice!!!

1 minute ago, Burko-uk said:

I was hoping no one would notice that. Unfortunately my ten year old son pointed it out about 5% of the way through the build.

Smart kid :wub: :thumbup:

Made me laugh.

Still love your entry!

1 minute ago, Burko-uk said:

I'm choosing to interpret "Artic" in the competition title to mean more broadly "Polar". 

Absolutely!!

Love it … although not sure a penguin would like being picked up by its eyes!

5 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Love it … although not sure a penguin would like being picked up by its eyes!

Thry do on the Arctic :laugh: 

Funny and smart!

@Burko-uk Are you planning to release more information on the build?

I love everything about this build. The creativity and the execution are great. Can we get a couple more of those penguins too?

12 hours ago, Burko-uk said:

I then hoped no one here would notice....

I'm choosing to interpret "Artic" in the competition title to mean more broadly "Polar". If we want to play that game, most of the tracked machines in the contest so far would likely fall through the Arctic ice!!!

I always assumed arctic (with lovercase 'a') means both areas. The classic arctic city theme vehicles are typical Antarctic stuff, i guess it's more interesting area than the Arctic from scientific point of view.

So creative and fun! And "penguin release mechanism" has to be the coolest Technic function ever.

When I saw Mobile penguin washing station I had to click it and I was rewarded.  This is awesome, very nice build besides being an entertaining concept.

On 1/3/2024 at 10:41 PM, pow said:

Funny and smart!

@Burko-uk Are you planning to release more information on the build?

I didn't take any pictures during building, but when I disassemble it I'll take a few pics if you would like. I'm still enjoying releasing penguins for now!

Thanks to all for the kind words. I'm delighted it's had such a positive response!