Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Rockwail HSS] The Silver Bull inn

[HSS] The Silver Bull inn

53426792689_0dea5ed1ff_b.jpg

Standing proudly in front of the Palace, and overlooking Rockwail's main plaza, is The Silver Bull inn. It's neither the largest, nor the most infamous inn in town, but it does enjoy a good reputation. To the more wealthy traveler, it offers peace and quiet at the heart of the city, tidy rooms and good meals, including soups, meat and hot drinks. The inn accommodates seven guests across four rooms, and furthermore houses the city's post office.

53425544722_3a454ebf44_b.jpg

Messenger Fiona, of Avalonia, is delivering a message from Albion to the post office of The Silver Bull. At the door she's greeted by an unusual visitor who is making his depart.

In a mix of thrill and unsettlement, a shiver went down Fiona's spine. She had gotten acquainted with the non-human population of Nocturnus before on a number of occasions, but never had she seen an undead skeleton before! At second glance, he seemed quite the gentleman, though. Look at that jaw line! Haha, kidding! 

Little did the Avalonian messenger know that she had just met the famed Resistance warlord Anfauglir! 

53426625783_cb68a4b9f4_c.jpg

53426625713_26437908ec_c.jpg

And Anfauglir wasn't the only Nocturnian lord at the inn at that moment...

---

Additional pictures:

Spoiler

53426470846_c858de29bb_c.jpg

53426792519_42ae2160f6_c.jpg

I'm happy to be sharing posting another HSS build for Rockwail, at the very end of 2023. Indeed, HSS. Not sure if that was clear before, but it is now! :laugh: I've worked on other buildings too, but those are for the coming year. 

As usual, I learned a lot while building. More than with any previous MOC, I struggled with figuring out the layout of the interior and how to break it open for access to the interior. For example, I shuffled around the beds several times to get a three-bedroom floor that made sense. It's my biggest fully enclosed MOC building to date, and yet the interior space turned out to be very tight. That was one of the reasons I choose to not have any actual doors inside the building*, only brickbuilt 3-wide, 6-high door frames. So a bit of a schematic rendition. 

*save for the door to the toilet, which is a detail that was lost in a section that doesn't detach for access (for structural integrity and my sanity). 

I hope you enjoy. :classic: C&C welcome!

Edited by Exetrius

On 12/31/2023 at 2:56 PM, jtooker said:

The back and red flowers are terrific. Great job in the interior.

Thank you! :sweet:

Love all the details and how you planned all the interior access options. It feels very Nocturnian while also seeming palatable to foreign visitors.

Always great to see a post from the Old Guard pop up here!

Really intriguing roof shape, I love how it gives the inn a unique look!  Super clever use of parts on the bull's head too and I find the skeleton horse calmly parked in the stables very funny :laugh:

Wonderful moc! I really like the color and shape of the roof. I wish Lego would still produce the classic shutters. I also like the interior! But my highlight are the flowers, especially the ones on the back. The dark green and light blossoms work well together :thumbup:

Nice build. Love the roof and the front door scuplture is great.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:12 AM, The Stad said:

Love all the details and how you planned all the interior access options. It feels very Nocturnian while also seeming palatable to foreign visitors.

Always great to see a post from the Old Guard pop up here!

Thanks, Stad! Good to hear it conveys the Nocty vibe, heaven forbid it would look Avalonian! :laugh: :poke:

On 1/3/2024 at 5:15 AM, Kai NRG said:

Really intriguing roof shape, I love how it gives the inn a unique look!  Super clever use of parts on the bull's head too and I find the skeleton horse calmly parked in the stables very funny :laugh:

Thanks for your compliments!  Imagine what the other horse must be thinking, haha! 

On 1/3/2024 at 5:21 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wonderful moc! I really like the color and shape of the roof. I wish Lego would still produce the classic shutters. I also like the interior! But my highlight are the flowers, especially the ones on the back. The dark green and light blossoms work well together :thumbup:

Thank you, Yperio! Same, the new shutters are just not as elegant. I'm really happy with the new dark green leaf pieces, it's a lovely colour that makes pretty much any-coloured flower pop more.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:47 AM, MrLind said:

Nice build. Love the roof and the front door scuplture is great.

Thanks! :sweet: