Mestari

[MOC] Johnny Thunder's escape from Dino Island

I would like to present to you Johnny Thunder's escape from Dino Island - a MOC that I have build for a bigger display that commemorated this LEGO theme.

Obrazek

This build was done on a 2x2,5 baseplates and depicts part of an island with a jungle that is infested with dinosaurs. Our Johnny made an unfortunate decision to steal one of raptor's egg. The odds are not looking good for him ;)

I hope you'll enjoy this revisiting of old theme. I usually build modulars, so building this greenery was a nice change.

More pictures are available on my Bricksafe page.

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Run Johnny, RUN!!! 

...Ahem, Sorry about that! This is a really fantastic moc! I just hope Mr. Thunder survives. (He doesn't want that Jones guy to surpass him, does he?!?)

I've always wondered how some of the older builds and minifigures from Dino Island would look with the new Jurassic Park dinos, and I'd say this is a much more interesting update than that thought experiment I had in my head!

Like @JintaiZ, I also find the water effect to be marvelous, along with that great primordial-looking flower/bush you built! It does a fantastic job creating a 'lost world' effect with the significantly expanded parts and color palette we have now, especially compared to the original Dino Island sets (although I do still adore the U.S.-based Mania Magazine's take on this locale!)

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Exciting MOC, and I hope he gets ripped to shreds.

I get the strange feeling you're not a Thunder fan, are you? :grin:

Thank you all for comments :)

Johnny is still alive but the MOC is in the hands of my children, so it will get ripped to shreds (and pieces :) )

One of the trees has had a misfortune already...

Top notch. Great work with the foliage and making it all fit. The dinosaurs poking out give it a mysterious and menacing feel. The coastline is perfect too.