Sign in to follow this  
Rubblemaker

[MOC] Blacktron MOHAWK

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Wow, this is surely the angriest of the lot! This looks great, really unique shape.

😄 it was quite friendly in appearance to begin with, but it became progressively more angry looking the longer it had to wait for its final pieces to arrive from Bricklink…. 

10 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Another beautiful spaceship ...you have undoubted talent!  :pir-huzzah2:

Top notch work! :thumbup:

😄 thanks, wish I had such confidence in my own builds.. my imposter syndrome pretty much constantly re-assures me I’m actually rubbish 😂

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous blend of Blacktron colors and the organic look of Bionicle. Quite the menacing ship.

Thanks very much. Bionicle pieces certainly look great but it’s easy to get carried away and overdo them in a build. I have to hold myself back and use them only when I feel they fit aesthetically. 😊

1 hour ago, Rubblemaker said:

Thanks very much. Bionicle pieces certainly look great but it’s easy to get carried away and overdo them in a build. I have to hold myself back and use them only when I feel they fit aesthetically. 😊

Which is all the more impressive for those users (like me) who finds integrating Technic or Bionicle parts in a System build rather tricky!

For example, I'll admit that my first viewing of this beautiful ship did not lead to realize you were using the torso of a Toa Mata for the stern! But now that I'm seeing it, it's all the more impressive for how organic it is with the remaining color scheme!

Also: kudos on the usage of that trans-yellow windscreen at the front. I've built a flying boat that uses that same mold, and while I love it, I could never get the roof of the cockpit to remain flush with the rest of the aircraft. This is very sleek. Nicely done!

10 hours ago, Mr Maniac said:

Also: kudos on the usage of that trans-yellow windscreen at the front. I've built a flying boat that uses that same mold, and while I love it, I could never get the roof of the cockpit to remain flush with the rest of the aircraft. This is very sleek. Nicely done!

That one in particular is really hard to integrate into a build which is trying to be studless and smooth. I sometimes have to wonder what goes through the heads of the Lego design team when they come up with some of their windscreens. I have one of those dark purple UCS Slave 1 size windscreens which I've never been able to successfully place in any build I've done. It's just horrible. Though I'm determined to find a use for it one day because it's also beautiful! 😄

10 hours ago, omerai said:

Nice design of a ship. It looks menacing! And great parts utilization in it too. 

Thanks. I'd be lying if I said my goal with these ships hasn't been to put pieces together that are rarely seen together. 😄