Aurore

[Freebuild] Embervale Advent Calendar 2023 - Winter Nights

@Sympatik Brick *4x6 baseplate. My inital plan was to have all the builds on a similar footprint. Up to this day it seems to have worked...but it won't last, I'm afraid. :grin:

Day 12 : Milestone

Alrune – “There are milestones like that on every road, every path, every trail that leads to Embervale. The previous governors had not fully grasped the wisdom behind the saying “Pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés”.”
Evrart – “I don’t understand this language, but I guess it somehow explains why the goblins said they were ordered to change the direction of all the signs for Embervale?“

53392686214_a0c74a01db_z.jpg

Previous | Next

Edited by Aurore

The milestone is such a neat idea.  Would love to see some of those in a larger build sometime!

Day 12 : Gnome Camouflage Master

Gnome - "i'm blending in the landscape! If I don't move, he won't see me!"

53393585487_f1f15a855f_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! I definitely intend to add one in a full-fledged landscape...

Edited by Aurore

@Kai NRG I'm always impressed by how random parts from different themes work so well together! :sweet:

:dsweet:

And with this smart little dude comes the 3d scene...

Alrune - "The edge of the woods...A thin fringe between civilisation and wilderness."

53395018832_2fced55d04_b.jpg

Day 14 : Old Stump

Dresghar - "The forest around Embervale is deep, old and wise. The trees there live their lives at their own pace, unconcerned with human deeds."

53396708831_37a2c66201_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@Professor Thaum, @zoth33 Thank you so much! Glad you enjoy the little gnome (and managed to spot him despite his perfect disguise)!

Edited by Aurore

Day 15 : Forest Guardian

Evrart – “Many of our people have reported the sight of an imposing creature in the forest, with antlers and head like a skull.”
Alrune – “Is it hostile?”
Evrart – “I don’t know, my lady. Those who have encountered it have fled without further ado.”

53398759161_03f3a5c825_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@Yperio_Bricks Thank you so much! This is the atmosphere I aimed at with the build...

Edited by Aurore

Nice use of the Demogorgon body.  The fig looks fantastic he looks so imposing.  I really need to get that head piece from black panther, i've seen some great figs using it.  

Day 16 : Black Wolf

Dresghar - "Now this is the law of the forest, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."

53399982547_42d3d1449e_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@zoth33 Thank you very much! Only the legs are actually from the Demogorgon: the torso is from HP Professor Lupin in Werewolf form, and I had to switch the Demogorgon's hips to plain ones for a smoother transition. :blush:

Edited by Aurore

Now that's a real guardian of the forest! Watchful eyes, intense pose at the edge of the outcrops' edge...

Maybe the only thing missing (and in the previous scene) is a white cone on top of the little trees, to make them look a bit snowed over too

Day 17 : Stone Creature

Evrart – “Probably a troll compelled to turn to stone by sunlight.”
Alrune – “Whatever it is, it is made of a very interesting variety of quartz arenite!”
Dresghar – “Honey, drop this rock pick. You’re not taking a sample.”

53403208109_b946159a91_z.jpg

Previous | Next

:dsweet:

And it's already time for the fourth scene, venturing deep in the forest...

53402888131_566fe2a694_b.jpg

Edited by Aurore

Day 18 : Dresghar Stargazing

Dresghar – “In all times and in all places, people have gazed out at the sheer vastness of the night sky and seeked comforting patterns in the stars.”

53405007246_75d740ab25_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@Yperio_Bricks Thank you very much!

Edited by Aurore

Loving those latest four, especially the troll, so funny!  And the sky painter, what a neat idea, really great fig too.

Day 19 : Telescope

Dresghar – “A masterwork of elven craftsmanship. For once, the Court has sent an awesome present for your birthday, honey!”
Alrune – “What, you didn’t like last year’s ballista?”

53406936435_6ed4bff07f_z.jpgPrevious | Next
@Kai NRG Thank you so much! The troll-printed slope is one of those parts I ordered just because it's awesome, without really knowing what I would do wit it. I'm so glad I found a way! :wub:

Edited by Aurore

Day 20 : Alrune Stargazing

Alrune – “People look up to the stars for fortune telling, navigation, orientation, and the measure of time…But I wish I could travel the cosmos, explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before…”
Dresghar – “Well, you boldly went out of your laboratory tonight. I guess that’s a good start…”

53408605132_43cb038c39_z.jpg

Previous | Next

@Professor Thaum, @Yperio_Bricks Thank you very much! So glad you enjoy the telescope!

Edited by Aurore

I'm loving this stargazing theme!  What a lovely book cover that is too.

I've been following this intently, but realise I've never commented!

Great work all the way through. Keep it up!

I suppose I'm curious if you pre-made everything or are working in chunks, or just flying by the seat of your pants here?