"Commander Cody, prepare the gunships for ground assault!"

Let's give the Midi-Scale treatment to another timeless ship: the LAAT Gunship or Republic Gunship from The Clone Wars. Being a fan of the sleek and flush Clone Wars era design, I thought this variant deserved more attention, especially in Midi-Scale.

This Midi LAAT/i consists of 1,015 pieces, measures only 22cm (without guns), and is accurately Microfig-scaled. It features a fully SNOT look, openable front doors, and a removable stand that can be tilted to taste.

Design-wise, this ship was full of challenges, with lots of subtle angles and curved surfaces everywhere. Shaping the front section wasn't an easy task at this scale, as well as adding that crucial touch of lime green without any stickers. All of this resulted in a pretty intricate structure, especially for the front section.

The angled rear section of the body features other details such as missile belts, exhaust slats and tail cannon. The underside of the ship is also fully SNOT-built.

Initially, all four doors could be opened, but I chose to remove the less useful rear door mechanism for a smoother, easier building process.

► Instructions for the LAAT are available at BrickVault!

More pictures on my Flickr page.

53327059032_fe882745a9_z.jpg

53327930576_88fa6c472a_z.jpg

53328154268_61b76ae944_z.jpg

53327059012_363f9c5bbf_z.jpg

Edited by FlyInSpace

On 12/9/2023 at 7:14 PM, Shiva said:

Heh, forgot to comment this, it seems.

Nice build. And same scale as the AT-AT?!

Thanks a lot! The LAAT is Microfig-scaled, so half the size of a regular Gunship. The LAAT is Nanofig-scaled, so in an even smaller scale :)

On 12/11/2023 at 5:59 PM, Shiva said:

ahh, Micro and Nano fig. I forgot that the Micro figs exists.

Nanofig would mean an almost twice smaller ship. Feasible but wouldn't nearly be as detailed :)

On 12/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, Shiva said:

Could be interesting tho :)

Definitely! I'm looking to expand my Nano ship collection anyway, so might happen :)