MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Interceptor over all though is pretty neat.

I'm not too hot on the hole thats in the main windshield piece and think the angle is a bit strange, but I wasn't planning on buying this anyways so... 

Posted (edited)

There’s a shot of the upcoming book showing the concept drawing of a light flesh Zam Wesell minifig *huh* Seems like there may have been a cancelled AotC set at some point? Or maybe it was just for the Skywalker Saga game :laugh:

Edit: It‘s from a cancelled 2020 set :cry2: Darn you!!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno if you noticed, but those are all brickheadz sets- sets that have lots of basic bricks, and are a subline that's always been print-only, like the 4+ sets.

That's exactly my point though. I doubt Lego is selling BrickHeadz at a loss, so clearly they can afford to include new printed parts if they choose to. Why then do they choose not to print parts on the midi Invisible Hand or Tantive IV? I'm pretty sure the amount of plastic is pretty comparable to a BH multipack, so I just don't see how the value proposition makes sense for these 18+ sets if they're not going to at least offer the full "premium" experience and leave out the stickers.

Posted (edited)

The droid carrier would make for such an excellent $30 battlepack, I’m confused as to why it’s locked behind a GWP, it would sell like hotcakes and people would want multiples, unlike a deathstar or lars homestead which are good, single-unit sets. This was my first droid set as a kid, couldn’t afford an MTT. I want four of these. 

The only way this makes sense to me is if an MTT is right around the corner. 

Meanwhile that UCS Interceptor is dang good it’s making me reconsider getting the playset version. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

Is the GWP usually tied to Star Wars-only purchases?
I want to say previously that I'd gotten a GWP that was a medallion or something that was Star Wars only, but tbh $160 is high for me when most of the available sets are dioramas and buildable figs. Gotta have that carrier though...

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s a shot of the upcoming book showing the concept drawing of a light flesh Zam Wesell minifig *huh* Seems like there may have been a cancelled AotC set at some point?

"Sorry, we can't do Zam this year. Releasing the sixth (?) version of Luke's Landspeeder obviously has a higher priority!"

I’m really impressed by the TIE Interceptor, it looks very impressive and very I’m tempted to order one as soon as it’s available.  The sloping on either side of the windscreen part look a bit odd, but it could just be the angle of the photos.  It’s also great to see that it’s £199.99, which seems to be decent value for a 2,000 part set.

The GWPs also look sufficiently decent for me to be making at least a couple of orders, and the £145 threshold for the Troop Carrier is fair; I was expecting it to be £160+ based on some of the recent offers this year.  It’s looking like it could be a good May 4th – I just hope there’s a few sets on offer and  maybe 2 x VIP points.

When do you guys think a new UCS Slave I will be made ? I'd buy the old one but the dark red is very brittle so there's no point, also do you think we'll ever get Commander Bly and an updated version of the Kashyyyk Clones in 2020 style for next year since it's the the anniversary of ROTS ?

Are we certain that the Boba in the Skiff set is the reuse from the Mech or is it still possible for it to be the accurate ROTJ version and leakers haven't seen it properly ?

Well..the TIE Interceptor looks good but something feels off about it to me right now. I'd like to see some reviews and comparisons first. 

I do like the May 4th promo items, will have to reach 160 somehow with a combo of sets. 

The book is...interesting. I am curious how that'll pull off. Undecided on ordering. Want to wait to hopefully know more. 

Very unfortunate about the zam fig  didn’t like much of the 2020 wave and seeing as LEGO doesn’t really give us AOTC sets it definitely sucks.Hopefully it releases soon.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

When do you guys think a new UCS Slave I will be made ? I'd buy the old one but the dark red is very brittle so there's no point, also do you think we'll ever get Commander Bly and an updated version of the Kashyyyk Clones in 2020 style for next year since it's the the anniversary of ROTS ?

Are we certain that the Boba in the Skiff set is the reuse from the Mech or is it still possible for it to be the accurate ROTJ version and leakers haven't seen it properly ?

The brittle dark red has been very overstated, I just built mine last year and had zero problems, although my set was released in 2018, so possibly they fixed it by then. You can always get replacements from Lego. I don’t see them doing a new one anytime soon considering it retired only five-ish years ago, and there are far more deserving remakes in the ~$240 range.

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s a shot of the upcoming book showing the concept drawing of a light flesh Zam Wesell minifig *huh* Seems like there may have been a cancelled AotC set at some point? Or maybe it was just for the Skywalker Saga game :laugh:

Bruh. I bet that it was replaced by the 501st battlepack. Damn you Mandr!!!!

37 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I would imagine maybe we get a UCS slave 1 in 2026 at the earliest.  Hopefully we get our boy Bly at some point but I would rather get some standard imperial army builders before any more clones. I actually don’t see Lego changing anything from the previous design of Kashyyyk Scout troopers (except for maybe swapping the helmet for the imperial one) as since they don’t have conventional clone armour and therefore they are pretty much immune (IMO) from the 2020 clone revamp.

Oh, on another note thanks to the Poster GWP being revealed, Flesh-tone Jedi Bob has leaked. And what’s even more interesting is that there was a Nien Nunb on the poster. With every single other figure but those two having been one that was previously made.

Could Nien Nunb be in the young Leia set?!

Posted (edited)

Ugh, in the fine print of the May 4th promos the new book is specifically excluded from the thresholds. It's pretty overpriced anyway so I wasn't considering it too seriously, at least not without a discount or promo of some sort, but it was a contender to get for the GWP. 

28 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Oh, on another note thanks to the Poster GWP being revealed, Flesh-tone Jedi Bob has leaked.

I wouldn't read too much into that- it also has figures like the original Cloud City Luke and Zam Wesell with flesh-toned heads. Doesn't mean they're being made. (We're fairly sure Jedi Bob is coming, but it's probably just a coincidence that he's on this poster.)

Edited by CallumPears

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I still don't see people liking a GWP makes it a bad GWP. If it's liked and something not strictly a standard set, why is that bad? This feels to me like people have to find something to complain about no matter what.

Because a lot of people wanted this kind of set for years and now it's locked behind a $160 paywall and also locked behind 14 countries that have an official LEGO store that even offers this in any kind of satisfactory amount. It's also a set you want multiple of opposed to something like the homestead kitchen. Battle pack kind of set people asked you to make for years as GWP is mind boggling. How many kids will get $160 worth of sets to hit this treshold on a random day in May?

It looks like there's a Battle of Yavin collectible coin for the threshold of $90. Between that and the droid carrier, I'm pretty happy with the GWP. Getting the Interceptor, which I like even more having seen all the official pics, will easily snag both of the GWPs.

How does everyone else feel about the May the Fourth extras this year?

17 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Because a lot of people wanted this kind of set for years and now it's locked behind a $160 paywall and also locked behind 14 countries that have an official LEGO store that even offers this in any kind of satisfactory amount. It's also a set you want multiple of opposed to something like the homestead kitchen. Battle pack kind of set people asked you to make for years as GWP is mind boggling. How many kids will get $160 worth of sets to hit this treshold on a random day in May?

100% agree with all of this. 

The price threshold for May 4th promos has become absurdly high to the point that I've basically given up on ever getting even one of them, nevermind multiples. To have a set which many people want multiples of locked behind such a barrier is ridiculous- things like Darth Revan were interesting figures which you'd only want one of. While I still don't like the way he was locked behind a promo, at least he made sense as a character to choose for such a promo (and this was back when the threshold to get him was £50, not £150- absolutely mad). 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The fact that we’re seeing this, and 4 years later still haven’t gotten a Zam since 2002 is painful. You couldn’t slot that set in somewhere since then?

26 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

On Lego’s website the droid carrier is marketed as an “adult” set. Given the price threshold it only seems appropriate :laugh:

5 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The fact that we’re seeing this, and 4 years later still haven’t gotten a Zam since 2002 is painful. You couldn’t slot that set in somewhere since then?

Would’ve made a better anniversary fig than half the lineup which could easily be shoehorned into clone (fives) or rebel (saw) sets. Zam only makes sense when paired with the chase scene, maybe a Jango slave 1 which they also haven’t done in decades 

25 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I feel like there are not very many people at all who don't have enough battle droids or a way of obtaining more.

That book has a LOT of interesting stuff in the preview. The cancelled constraction sets are there- the B2 and clone with AT-RT. There are some specialty molded holograms dated 2009, two of which we got in later years and two of which we never got. Also a couple of helmet prototypes conclusively proving the studded helmet look is better.

14 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

How does everyone else feel about the May the Fourth extras this year?

I'm a simple man, all I'd ever need is a cool minifigure. Not into all these accessories they do. At least have the GWP be something with Lego parts!

The brickheadz and the droid carrier look phenomenal! I'm a sucker for all things Phantom Menace so I'll just have to snag that GWP even though I never buy stuff at full price. Now I just need to decide between the Ghost and Yavin IV for the threshold :grin:

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

The only way this makes sense to me is if an MTT is right around the corner. 

Don't give me hope. We really need one akin to the 2007 one. Just hope they don't downsize it whenever they decide to drop one again.

All in all, it's nice to see so much love for TPM, I just wish we at least got 1 more system scale set.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like there are not very many people at all who don't have enough battle droids or a way of obtaining more.

There’s plenty of people who just want vehicles to put their troops into. Half the appeal of clone gunships or MTTs is the fact that you’re supposed to be able to cram a whole bunch of figures into them. As of right now, there’s nowhere to put a droid army, and this droid carrier is an excellent vehicle serving this purpose. 

12 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Just hope they don't downsize it whenever they decide to drop one again.

Yeah I just realized there’s no way they don’t downsize it like the Coruscant guard gunship. Or perhaps all the backlash to the latter caused them to reconsider which sets they undersize and which ones they oversize. 

If the GWPs are AAT poly at £35, Yavin coin thing at £80 and Droid Carrier at £145 (change currency as appropriate), what about that 25th anniversary logo keychain that was also leaked?

Presumably it's a GWP for something else, maybe the Sail Barge? Or perhaps an Insider Points redemption, though I couldn't see it with the other May 4th stuff in the rewards centre. 

22 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

The brickheadz and the droid carrier look phenomenal! I'm a sucker for all things Phantom Menace so I'll just have to snag that GWP even though I never buy stuff at full price. Now I just need to decide between the Ghost and Yavin IV for the threshold :grin:

Don't give me hope. We really need one akin to the 2007 one. Just hope they don't downsize it whenever they decide to drop one again.

All in all, it's nice to see so much love for TPM, I just wish we at least got 1 more system scale set.

It's easy to see the interest in TPM and AOTC sets - at least for sets like an MTT and something with Zam - on this forum. I wonder if that's reflective of the wider LEGO consumer base. I have to believe more of this stuff is on the way in the future. Both films, along with ROTS I'd argue, have such a deep well of sets which LEGO hasn't really dipped into much lately.  

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wouldn't worry about that; from my experience dark red parts of that period only seem to have an issue if exposed to direct sunlight.  My 75060 is still perfect and I haven't seen many people complain about them (and it's certainly not in the same league to the reddish-brown from the same time!).  It's an amazing set and one of my favourites - highly recommended if you can pick one up for a reasonable price :wub: