MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

Do not post links to leaks. We could get in trouble with Lego.

This is your only warning.

Neither of those were actual leaks, it was a picture of a minifig that's been out for a couple months and a collection of misprints. Message received though, I'll keep to my usual spots

19 hours ago, a_clay_brick said:

Neither of those were actual leaks, it was a picture of a minifig that's been out for a couple months and a collection of misprints. Message received though, I'll keep to my usual spots

They were links to posts and accounts of items Lego has not officially revealed yet. If TLG hasn't shared official pictures it's still considered a leak.

So when do we think they're gonna follow up on that infiltrator/saw tease? Obviously the set doesn't release for a few months, but if they gave us the silhouette already, maybe we're in for an earlier-than-normal reveal?

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So when do we think they're gonna follow up on that infiltrator/saw tease? Obviously the set doesn't release for a few months, but if they gave us the silhouette already, maybe we're in for an earlier-than-normal reveal?

Knowing Lego, they will reveal it a day before it releases lol.

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I presume it will be after the March wave releases. Think they will want people to be hyped about that wave before teasing the next one. 

im more interested in details of the May the 4th gwp. I picked up the last droid carrier 2nd hand recently for a decent price but curious about what this one will be like and how much we need to spend to qualify for it 

11 minutes ago, Llewop said:

im more interested in details of the May the 4th gwp. I picked up the last droid carrier 2nd hand recently for a decent price but curious about what this one will be like and how much we need to spend to qualify for it 

It will very likely be the GWP for the highest purchase threshold ($160)

Is 75394 100% a Death Star/Imperial themed set? I forget where, but I remember hearing sound bites about a potential playscale Cloud City. Don't know how much credibility there is to that but I'm just double checking if I missed that rumor.

25 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Is 75394 100% a Death Star/Imperial themed set? I forget where, but I remember hearing sound bites about a potential playscale Cloud City. Don't know how much credibility there is to that but I'm just double checking if I missed that rumor.

The leakers have said it’s a Death Star playset, though other details have been iffy, so I think it likely will be Imperial themed. I have seen speculation that it might be made in the style of Betrayal at Cloud City, so maybe that’s where those rumors came from? As someone who missed the MBS one, I would totally be down for another Cloud City sometime. 

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

Or even higher. Lego's been spiking the thresholds recently. I don't really like it. Value wise it's not bad- the GWPs have been getting huge recently to the point of sets that would retail for $20-30- but it's a little annoying that the middle GWPs aren't actual lego, as especially with how much they stagger releases, I can rarely justify spending up to the highest threshold. (This could be easily solved by me just waiting to purchase the january/march sets I wanted until May, but no. I'm impatient.)

45 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

The leakers have said it’s a Death Star playset, though other details have been iffy, so I think it likely will be Imperial themed. I have seen speculation that it might be made in the style of Betrayal at Cloud City, so maybe that’s where those rumors came from? As someone who missed the MBS one, I would totally be down for another Cloud City sometime. 

Yeah, I feel confident this is a death star of some sort, but I would love a new Cloud City. System playsets are so rare, but they were the most fun I had with stock lego sets as a kid, they offer the most play experience. And with lego's improvements in quality since 2003, a new system cloud city could easily look good enough to display in an adult collection.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I feel confident this is a death star of some sort, but I would love a new Cloud City. System playsets are so rare, but they were the most fun I had with stock lego sets as a kid, they offer the most play experience. And with lego's improvements in quality since 2003, a new system cloud city could easily look good enough to display in an adult collection.

Don't wanna get too wishlist-y here, but with the diorama series I would like to see a Cloud City scene get made.

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Ah, perhaps the leakers expressed it was in the style of Betrayal of Cloud City and that's where the CC came from. People probably just got carried away by the mention of "Cloud City" given the status and inaccessibility of both previous versions

9 hours ago, Old Master said:

I think the only thing concrete is Cal Kestis everything else has been inconsistent, we probably need more details. Price point and piece count has been different and then there’s a lot of wishlisting rumours as well. 

id say the safest thing to think at this point with the info we got it is the imperial equivalent of the Yavin set

Imagine if the Death Star set is actually one of these from rebels. I’d be happy either way but this would be cool and slightly more likely than normal as it’s in BB S3. It would also allow a wider range of different troopers.latest?cb=20160225101942

That image seems broken and while I would be surprised if the Death Star is anything but a Death Star, I am curious what you are suggesting it could be instead?

51 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Imagine if the Death Star set is actually one of these from rebels. I’d be happy either way but this would be cool and slightly more likely than normal as it’s in BB S3. It would also allow a wider range of different troopers.

6 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

That image seems broken and while I would be surprised if the Death Star is anything but a Death Star, I am curious what you are suggesting it could be instead?

Maybe just a generic Imperial base looking thing without any major indicators that it is the Death Star

Hopefully the piece count means we’re in for a brilliant Death Star playset. Given the deluge of content and eras Lego Star Wars is working through, it’s cool that they’re still finding ways to slowly get through A New Hope since last year, what with  Yavin IV, Tantive IV Boarding, Death Star, and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter sets.

I’m guessing we’ll see an increase in playscale TESB-related sets sooner rather than later once ANH has been covered off.

8 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

I'm 99% sure he's talking about those imperial construction dome things.

9 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Imagine if the Death Star set is actually one of these from rebels. I’d be happy either way but this would be cool and slightly more likely than normal as it’s in BB S3. It would also allow a wider range of different troopers.

Could be cool, but it is almost certainly a death star. The amount of kids who would want this compared to a death star is miniscule.

41 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Hopefully the piece count means we’re in for a brilliant Death Star playset. Given the deluge of content and eras Lego Star Wars is working through, it’s cool that they’re still finding ways to slowly get through A New Hope since last year, what with  Yavin IV, Tantive IV Boarding, Death Star, and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter sets.

I’m guessing we’ll see an increase in playscale TESB-related sets sooner rather than later once ANH has been covered off.

Hoth's been covered pretty well aside from a new Echo Base, so I feel like if we could just get that and/or a Cloud City playset, it'd be great.

I've actually been saying since like 2021 that I thought we'd get an ESB falcon the next sumer, but I have officially been proven wrong with the "evil" falcon

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I’d love for them to try MBS Cloud City again and give it the Rivendell treatment. But then again, I’d love for ANY new MBS set, Star Wars has too many iconic, pretty locations for them to release just one huge location-based set every three+ years. I’d easily be willing to “lose” a UCS set every two years to make room for more locations.

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

10 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

Yeah as Mandalorian Knight rightly presumed I was talking about this https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/ICM-092792

I know there’s a 99.9% chance of it being based on the Death Star but I figured there’s a chance it could have been this as it would be an easy mistake to make.

If it was this (which it will almost definitely be not) my ideal figs would be: 2 Stormtroopers, 1 scout trooper, 1 navy officer, 2 crewmen, 1 imperial captain, a ISB agent and Governor Price. (+ the already confirmed Vader and Cal Kestis)

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hoth's been covered pretty well aside from a new Echo Base, so I feel like if we could just get that and/or a Cloud City playset, it'd be great.

I've actually been saying since like 2021 that I thought we'd get an ESB falcon the next sumer, but I have officially been proven wrong with the "evil" falcon

That's what I'm saying! There's more to ESB than Hoth, Lego! 

Lando Calrissian is waaaaay too inaccessible as a Lego minifigure for being a main character of the Original Trilogy (which is usually dominating shelf space as a sub theme). 

Would be interested to see if Lego decided to make new, non-Hoth ESB sets if they'd take a stab at a new hair mould for Leia that more accurately depicts her Cloud City braids.

ESB Falcon would be sick, but I wonder if this "evil" Falcon will be the staple Falcon for the next couple years...

There is a Kelleren Beq figure in the usual place don’t know if it’s real or fake but if it’s real looks good to me. Pretty standard Jedi robes 

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

There is a Kelleren Beq figure in the usual place don’t know if it’s real or fake but if it’s real looks good to me. Pretty standard Jedi robes 

Yeah it looks real to me too.

A fine figure. the gold symbols on his jedi robes are a good bit of detailing to set him apart in-universe and do make the fig stand out a little more than your standard jedi. The head print is also really good- this looks like Ahmed Best. 

2 hours ago, Old Master said:

That's what I'm saying! There's more to ESB than Hoth, Lego! 

Lando Calrissian is waaaaay too inaccessible as a Lego minifigure for being a main character of the Original Trilogy (which is usually dominating shelf space as a sub theme). 

Would be interested to see if Lego decided to make new, non-Hoth ESB sets if they'd take a stab at a new hair mould for Leia that more accurately depicts her Cloud City braids.

ESB Falcon would be sick, but I wonder if this "evil" Falcon will be the staple Falcon for the next couple years...

A Bespin playset similar to yavin could be a lot of fun, and would be a good way to get Lando.

And yeah, we're not getting a new ESB falcon anytime soon, which was sort of my point- it's put my "we're gonna get a new ESB Falcon" belief in the dirt.

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

Looks pretty good. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that we're getting this set, only because it's a cheap minifigure-based playset that doesn't actually give us anything exciting in terms of characters. Grogu is easily available, as are 501st clones, and Beq is realistically not a figure with a lot of interesting/unique details in comparison to some other Jedi.

The scene in Mando was cool, but I can't help but imagine what a different $30 set could have given us. For example, a Phantom Menace playset with Padme/Jar Jar/Boss Nass, or Panaka/Obi-Wan/Padme, or Shmi/Watto/Sebulba (you get the idea).

Perhaps the larger issue is how few minifig-based sets we get nowadays with the swaths of new midi-scale/helmet/buildable characters Lego is releasing. So as a result, the Grogu Escape set seems like a missed opportunity for other characters.

The Kelleren Beq minifig looks great. I really like his jedi robes with the golden applications! Still i am uncertain about the set, as i don't need the other figs.

41 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Looks pretty good. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that we're getting this set, only because it's a cheap minifigure-based playset that doesn't actually give us anything exciting in terms of characters. Grogu is easily available, as are 501st clones, and Beq is realistically not a figure with a lot of interesting/unique details in comparison to some other Jedi.

The scene in Mando was cool, but I can't help but imagine what a different $30 set could have given us. For example, a Phantom Menace playset with Padme/Jar Jar/Boss Nass, or Panaka/Obi-Wan/Padme, or Shmi/Watto/Sebulba (you get the idea).

Yeah, as good as the figure looks I can’t help wondering what other sets we could have gotten instead. 

I really like how this minifig turned out! The golden printing on the robes looks great and they’ve managed to capture Best‘s likeness very well! :thumbup:

Hopefully this means other May minifigs will leak soon too, especially a certain fella who doesn‘t like lies and deception :laugh:

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And yeah, we're not getting a new ESB falcon anytime soon, which was sort of my point- it's put my "we're gonna get a new ESB Falcon" belief in the dirt.

Personally, I don't think the Dark Falcon will be around past 2025 unless it really exceeds expectations. It's a niche set to coincide with a Hasbro Dark Side thing, but it does not scream "long-term" to me in any regard. 

My guess is that this is just an interim Falcon, as LEGO has had the 2019 on shelves for a while, and they want to do something different before the next "normal" Millennium, which I'd assume will either release in 2025 for the ESB 45th anniversary, or in 2027 for the ANH anniversary - either of which would be the first fully OT Falcon since 2011.